coffee / coffee makers

tx 3 putt

On 1/20/2023 at 7:07 PM, dcbc said:

Does it have an auto frother on the wand or something?  Mine just has the wand (though I think I could add an auto frother).  I've had no trouble getting milk plenty hot with it.

Also, doesn't Saeco own Gaggia?

just the metal wand.  it's apparently a common complaint that I totally missed before buying.

Delonghi, Gaggia and Saeco are all past acquistions of Philips, and there's a lot of part interchangeability, but they're supposedly still differences in "philosophy."  Italians.

I think the Gaggia is a little more stripped down and single-task than the Saeco Vienna I had, and more robust than the Clasico.

Edited by Liquor and Poker

19 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

just the metal wand.  it's apparently a common complaint that I totally missed before buying.

Delonghi, Gaggia and Saeco are all past acquistions of Philips, and there's a lot of part interchangeability, but they're supposedly still differences in "philosophy."  Italians.

I think the Gaggia is a little more stripped down and single-task than the Saeco Vienna I had, and more robust than the Clasico.

I'm usually not frothing more than one serving of milk or two at a time and never have had an issue with having to let my Brera reheat.  I've had it for going on 10 years now. Only issue I had was having to get the grinder fixed under warranty and learning to stay away from dark roast.