TEXAS at K-State on ESPN+/B12 Now 7pm

LTtxfan

1 hour ago, Cashcar said:

Except it’s not a loss you pussy. It’s a win on the road. Yeah K-state is bad, but they still have some serviceable talent. Hopefully this win sparks a bit of confidence, as self inflicted shit (such as an easy missed dunk) made this a nail biter. 

Yeah, they looked really serviceable when they lost to Baylor by 31 and 48, allowing 100+ each time.

But we beat them, too, and a win is a win, right?

We're the same as Baylor.  Undefeated against Kansas State.

35 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i dunno man, i mean they look pretty tough:

0D585E1D-CB3A-4D21-AFAA-41C1FAF128EF.jpeg

9F903025-BECB-4226-9A6C-F271DC07D6FB.jpeg

B40208CF-2C87-460E-A7F8-3768A369D745.jpeg

i meant look, did we do as well against K State as Fort Hayes State did? no, not even close. but we did best then but one more point than Nebraska-Omaha did, so thats something for our guys to be proud of and build on.

Fort Hays State?   who the fuck is that and when is KSU going to schedule Randolph Field?

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

i dunno man, i mean they look pretty tough:

0D585E1D-CB3A-4D21-AFAA-41C1FAF128EF.jpeg

9F903025-BECB-4226-9A6C-F271DC07D6FB.jpeg

B40208CF-2C87-460E-A7F8-3768A369D745.jpeg

i meant look, did we do as well against K State as Fort Hayes State did? no, not even close. but we did best then but one more point than Nebraska-Omaha did, so thats something for our guys to be proud of and build on.

That is truly amazing looking at their results. 

Something tells me the people whining about the win are the same ones who loved Barnes because he was great in January but sucked ass in March.

I'll judge this season when it's over. Sweet 16 or better and it's a success. Round of 32 or worse and it's not. Sorry if refusing to rush to judgment doesn't get me cool kid cred on here.

• Fuck You 2

40 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Unlike college football an ugly win is as good as any win in college basketball.

All of you bitching about the win can go fuck yourselves.

scraping by against an awful K State team is not a good win. particularly within the context of how poorly we've played/how many games we've recently lost. 

12 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

Something tells me the people whining about the win are the same ones who loved Barnes because he was great in January but sucked ass in March.

I'll judge this season when it's over. Sweet 16 or better and it's a success. Round of 32 or worse and it's not. Sorry if refusing to rush to judgment doesn't get me cool kid cred on here.

oh shut the fuck up with this ignorant, holier than thou bullshit. we've lost 4 out of our last 6 games and have looked rudderless, shitty, and undisciplined in every single one of them. and it's year six of this same stupid shit under Shaka. this is one of the most talented teams in the country and yet we just lost three in a row at home, 4 out of 5 conference games, and then just barely scraped by one of the worst major conference teams in the country. keep patting yourself on the back for being one of the last two or three morons to realize that this program is going nowhere under Shaka Smart. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

17 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

oh shut the fuck up with this ignorant, holier than thou bullshit. we've lost 4 out of our last 6 games and have looked rudderless, shitty, and undisciplined in every single one of them. and it's year six of this same stupid shit under Shaka. this is one of the most talented teams in the country and yet we just lost three in a row at home, 4 out of 5 conference games, and then just barely scraped by one of the worst major conference teams in the country. keep patting yourself on the back for being one of the last two or three morons to realize that this program is going nowhere under Shaka Smart. 

You calling someone else arrogant and holier than thou is fucking rich 

I’ll tak to you at the end of the season. Just as I did two years ago when you refused to bet me that Tennessee would underperform like Barnes always does and of course they lost in the round of 32

You slob the knob of a coach who always overperformed in January and underperformed in March. That’s not how I judge college basketball. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

You calling someone else arrogant and holier than thou is fucking rich 

I’ll tak to you at the end of the season. Just as I did two years ago when you refused to bet me that Tennessee would underperform like Barnes always does and of course they lost in the round of 32

You slob the knob of a coach who always overperformed in January and underperformed in March. That’s not how I judge college basketball. 

this entire post (and your posting history in general) is hilarious.

A)where does Rick Barnes come into all of this? lol, i thought i was the one who supposedly brought him up out of nowhere. 

B)you not only strangely and angrily bring him into this conversation out of nowhere, you do so to slam him for his tourney record and as a coach in general, all while patting yourself on the back about how you're still waiting for March of 2021 to come before you judge Shaka Smart. That's fucking hilarious. 

hey dum dum- the jury is in: Shaka can't even fucking *make* the tourney with any sort of regularity at Texas, a program with every advantage a coach could ever ask for, and you're over here crowing about how shitty a coach Rick Barnes is? Rick Barnes is John fucking Wooden compared to Shaka Smart, and yet you seriously thought it was a good idea to bring him up out of nowhere so that you could slam him as coach while proudly proclaiming that you're still waiting to judge Shaka. again, that's hilarious. what a moron. 

22 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

Nope. I was sick of Barnes shit by 09. Then the Avery Bradley team collapsed the year after. Then the Tristan Thompson, J’covan team was awesome. Who knows what would’ve happened had that shitty 5 second call not been made against Arizona, but we still lost in the 2nd round. Then the cbi year. Then losing in the second round to whoever in 2014 then losing to butler with Myles Turner and yeah. Shaka’s first year seemed promising but turned out Isaiah Taylor and the team we had was all around solid. So yeah no. I’ve been in show me mode since DJ and Abrams and them left in 08

aside from me, who all around shaggy was happy to have Rick Barnes as the HC for Texas at any point after 2010? not very many that i can recall. and by the time he was let go five years later, everyone's mind was beyond made up, even mine.

it's year six for Shaka, and his best team is still the first team he coached here, led by a group of lesser talented guys who'd had years of developing into good college players under Barnes. Shaka doesn't develop players, he doesn't manage his rosters well, he's clueless on the offensive end of the floor, and most importantly, he sucks at winning games (46-53 in Big XII play). but yeah, let's forget all of that, and judge Shaka Smart based solely on what his (arguably) most talented and well balanced team does in the upcoming NCAA tournament. because that makes sense. 

4 minutes ago, HookEm said:

You know, it is possible to think Shaka has sucked and want him gone while also waiting to pass judgment on this particular team until the season is over. Not sure why that is so hard to understand.

nobody is talking about passing judgment on the season, we're talking about the coach, guy. not sure at all why that was so hard for you to understand. 

also, any season where Texas is coached by Shaka Smart is a bad season, so. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

also also- name the last time Texas lost 4 of 5 conference games where in the end you looked back and said, "yeah that was a great season."

people who claim themselves to be superior fans because they don't get upset when their team sucks ass for the fifth straight year are the worst. like the other 99% of us are a bunch of assholes for not being happy with the pathetic state of our program.

Edited by shadow_operative

51 minutes ago, HookEm said:

You know, it is possible to think Shaka has sucked and want him gone while also waiting to pass judgment on this particular team until the season is over. Not sure why that is so hard to understand.

That’s not allowed

i don't even understand the position of motown and hookem. their point is, what, that anyone who's upset with shitty state of the team that we're passionate about is a bad fan? we're not allowed to have any emotions or feelings or reactions to the games that are happening now? we all need to wait until tourney is over before reacting to anything? that's absurd.

so no, motown, you do not get cool kid points for choosing not to give a shit about the current results of Texas basketball, particularly with the context of how painfully shitty we've been under Shaka Smart. 

• Hook 'Em 1

another thing- HookEm recently made a post which more or less said that Texas has simply lost some very close conference games to some good teams recently, and that everyone who's upset about this is freaking out prematurely. except that this isn't some random, recent stretch of six crappy games. Shaka *specializes* in losing close games. he's had a few notable blowouts, sure, but by and large his teams play their opponents close, whether it's Duke, Gonzaga, and Kansas, or Cal State Long Beach, Radford, or Tennessee Tech. Shaka Smart teams are the absolute best at playing, and losing, close games. for you two to act like we're all shitty fans for being upset at this six year trend is stupid and insulting. 

4 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

HookEm recently made a post which more or less said that Texas has simply lost some very close conference games to some good teams recently, and that everyone who's upset about this is freaking out prematurely. 

You seem to struggle with reading comprehension. Please go ahead and post a quote where I said everyone was freaking out prematurely.  Or where I said everyone who is upset is a bad fan.  Or where I apologize for Shaka.  I swear you continually pick fights and invent dissenting opinions by default. Under my old handle, we had established years of generally good report, but now I'm starting to understand how you earned your reputation.

i don't even understand the position of motown and hookem. 

That is abundantly clear. 

My point is simple. We have been competitive in every game this year - even Baylor for a good part of the game. We have won a lot of games that I thought we would lose. I still have hope that this team can go on an epic run in the tourney. We are a few missed shots from being a top-5 team and have the talent and capability to turn the ship back around. I hope that we will and am generally still positive on the team, because of the experience and talent of the players... not because of the coaching. 

For clarity, I think Texas can do better than Shaka and the results of this season won't change my mind barring MAYBE a Final Four run.  He has generally sucked and been a disappointment his entire tenure here.

You all can disagree with my optimism. That is fine and the team has certainly given people reason to be pessimistic.  It doesn't make you a bad fan and it doesn't make me a sunshine pumper.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, HookEm said:

I’d love it if we went on a run and finished 3rd or whatever in the big 12 and got a 3 or 4 seed or whatever. But we’ve all seen this movie before