Eggs

Buzzrock

Plate 2 artichoke hearts on a bed of creamed spinach.

To poach eggs: In a pot, heat water over medium-high heat until almost boiling. In a mesh sieve, swirl eggs before submerging them in the water. Keep the eggs moving and retrieve them after 3 ½ minutes. Place poached eggs on top of the artichokes.

Liberally stack Ibérico ham on top of the poached eggs. Shave black truffle on top of the ham. Pour warm hollandaise over the entire dish.

Top with a pinch of paprika and kashmiri saffron. Add a spoonful of caviar and enjoy.

• 11 months later...

Poached -- splash of vinegar in the water, water temp at just the level where bubbles are forming. 

Scrambled -- whip well.  Lots of butter in the pan.  Cook over medium low heat, stirring periodically to turn the curds over.

Fried -- use a small pan with a lid (or just put a lid over them if cooking on a griddle).  Use butter or bacon grease to grease the pan.  Cook on medium heat, cover till yolks are set as much as you want.

Hard boiled -- I never use our instant pot (it's a lazy gadget my wife likes), but follow its instruction to hard boil eggs -- easiest peeling hardboiled eggs ever.

Also, just got back from a short mexico trip.  Introduced my wife to the glory of chilaquiles with a couple of over easy eggs on top.  Gloriousness.  Eggs are a go-to in our family on all occasions.

47 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Poached -- splash of vinegar in the water, water temp at just the level where bubbles are forming. 

Scrambled -- whip well.  Lots of butter in the pan.  Cook over medium low heat, stirring periodically to turn the curds over.

Fried -- use a small pan with a lid (or just put a lid over them if cooking on a griddle).  Use butter or bacon grease to grease the pan.  Cook on medium heat, cover till yolks are set as much as you want.

Hard boiled -- I never use our instant pot (it's a lazy gadget my wife likes), but follow its instruction to hard boil eggs -- easiest peeling hardboiled eggs ever.

Also, just got back from a short mexico trip.  Introduced my wife to the glory of chilaquiles with a couple of over easy eggs on top.  Gloriousness.  Eggs are a go-to in our family on all occasions.

spacer.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I haven’t made it in a while but oven baked ham and cheese mini sandwiches are glorious.

Get package of those Hawaiian rolls, do not separate them but slice them in half as a single sheet of rolls.

Grease a baking dish with butter. Put the bottom of the rolls in the dish. Add mustard, ham, cheese, and pickle slices. Add the roll tops. Butter the tops well.

Bake until the bottom and tops get crusty.

Absolutely glorious.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

I haven’t made it in a while but oven baked ham and cheese mini sandwiches are glorious.

Get package of those Hawaiian rolls, do not separate them but slice them in half as a single sheet of rolls.

Grease a baking dish with butter. Put the bottom of the rolls in the dish. Add mustard, ham, cheese, and pickle slices. Add the roll tops. Butter the tops well.

Absolutely glorious.

Tons of great slider-esque recipes you can make this way.  Pizza sliders, treat the rolls the same way but put pizza sauce, pepperoni, and mozzarella in-between.  Etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Lately, we've been using a semi thin slice of ham of line the holes for muffins in a muffin pan.  Then fill a mixture of beaten eggs, onion, etc.  Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes and then eat with picante.  Delish.

Do it with prosciutto instead of ham, and it takes it to another level

• Hook 'Em 2

19 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Absolutely glorious.

My mom did a version of this a million years ago for Super bowl parties.  The cheapest hamburger buns you can find, shaved ham, whatever cheese you like, melt butter, brown mustard, and honey.  Build the ham and cheese sandwiches, cut into quarters, skewer and put onto a parchment-lined sheet tray, baste with the mustard sauce, bake covered with foil until steamed and uncover until cheese melts and the tops get crisp.  I must have eaten my weight in those as a kid.

14 hours ago, utee94 said:

Tons of great slider-esque recipes you can make this way.  Pizza sliders, treat the rolls the same way but put pizza sauce, pepperoni, and mozzarella in-between.  Etc.

Yep we do a few versions of these on vacation every year. Easy and kids tear them up

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Absolutely glorious.

Did something similar but with a cheesesteak mixture, turned out well. 

• 2 months later...

Sometimes I’ll heat up a can of corned beef hash. You want the Hormel brand “Mary Kitchen.” I think the Armour brand sucks in comparison but ymmv. Anyway, sometimes I plan to just have a snack on a little bit, figuring I’ll reheat the rest later. Invariably I wind up eating the whole can and tossing in a few eggs for good measure. Once the hash is ready and has some crispy bits, and there’s fat in the pan, I’ll make a space in the middle for some eggs, turn the heat down to low, cover it with tin foil, and eat more than I probably should.

A3F665A9-3DCA-4656-B0B6-4675318FC753.thumb.jpeg.562f1246d7736f19638839152983f4be.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Sometimes I’ll heat up a can of corned beef hash. You want the Hormel brand “Mary Kitchen.” I think the Armour brand sucks in comparison but ymmv. Anyway, sometimes I plan to just have a snack on a little bit, figuring I’ll reheat the rest later. Invariably I wind up eating the whole can and tossing in a few eggs for good measure. Once the hash is ready and has some crispy bits, and there’s fat in the pan, I’ll make a space in the middle for some eggs, turn the heat down to low, cover it with tin foil, and eat more than I probably should.

A3F665A9-3DCA-4656-B0B6-4675318FC753.thumb.jpeg.562f1246d7736f19638839152983f4be.jpeg

Shit without the shingle?

13 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Sometimes I’ll heat up a can of corned beef hash. You want the Hormel brand “Mary Kitchen.”

Yes, of the canned types it is better than Armour. We also fry eggs in ours but I section it after the hash gets crispy, take everyone's number of egg requests and then fry the eggs in each little section. It makes a nice quick meal.

20 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Have done this but with scrambled eggs and then put in small street taco tortillas for a meal.

I read somewhere about salting the scrambled eggs and letting them rest for 10-15 minutes before hitting the pan leading to fluffier eggs. I feel like this is true. Apparently Ramsey disagrees, but Kenji recommends this in The Food Lab. Been doing that recently as I've been leaning on eggs heavily for weekend baby/toddler lunch.

i need to make khachapuri again

Khachapuri-recipe-picture-735x735.jpg

• Like 2
  • Drool 5

I’m not sure these even qualify as soft boiled eggs but they were great. Firm whites and runny yolks. Like they were poached in the shell.

Three cold eggs placed in boiling water with a little vinegar for 6 minutes. No ice bath. Just drained the hot water and replaced it with cold tap water so I could handle the eggs. Easy to peel. Cut them up a little bit with a fork and sprinkled on some Slap Ya Mama and fresh ground black pepper. Had two slices of toast to sop up the yolks and make a nice snack. Just frying some eggs in bacon grease would give as good as or a better result but this is what I did and there’s the result. No regrets. Cleanup was easier.

27D7A23B-D5EC-4077-B3DE-AFB8A5BDD37E.thumb.jpeg.8428ae3f1dece517ddee3b894d9a1270.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

What is the benefit here? Seems like a lot of effort, time, and cleanup. Is it just to get some smoke into the eggs?

My wife had wanted to get one of those Blackstone propane griddles.  My thought was that for $45 I could just get one of these griddles that could be used with the pellet grill I already have and not have to deal with spending several hundred on another device to take up garage space and require another means (propane) of ignition.

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, Caroline said:

Currently, these are my favorite Eggs Recipes:

Menemen - Turkish Scrambled Eggs

Tamago Sando - Japanese Egg Sandwich

Egg White Omelette Muffins - Easy to Make and batch freeze.

I hope these are helpful for you! I love eggs for breakfast and always up to try new recipes.

Regards,

Caro

Do you have any recipes with SPAM in them?

And, she's deleted.  I tweaked the links a bit when I quoted her. :)

Edited by dcbc

On 9/11/2022 at 6:11 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

Yes the Armour brand taste like what I would imagine dog food tastes like, so so bad.  Their spam is also disgusting.