Bourbon

Jimbaround

37 minutes ago, BigDHornfan said:

Damn, the 18 is my favorite, wish you weren’t in CA, I’d tell you to buy it and if you didn’t like it, I’d give you the purchase price back on the open bottle.

we've been doing some shipping.

that's how huge got his michters toasted barrel strength and hank got his stagg, jr.

pm and we can discuss.

Ran across the following at Specs, picked up the ECBP and the HH100:

Elijah Craig BP @ $56

Heaven Hill 100 @ 39

IW Harper 15 @ 66

Remus 100 @ 75

Joseph Magnua @ 99

Bardstown Discovery @ 118

St. Cloud barrel strength @ 109

Calumet 14 @ 104

Basil Hayden Rye 10 @ 56

Cream of Kentucky @ 145

19 minutes ago, ISUCyclones said:
51 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:
Stagg Jr is in Houston. 

Damn, want that

Limit one per customer thankfully. I received a tip from a coworker, and I had to race down there because they had instructions not to hold any bottles for anyone. I've been shut out the last two years on Stagg Jr probably because of open box, one per customer shenanigans. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

2 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Anyone had this year's MWND yet?  It should start showing up around here soon.  Curious if it's up to the prior years standards since this is supposedly the first year with all High West distillate.

I have one still in plastic wrap. I'll wait for the holidays. 

32 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Anyone had this year's MWND yet?  It should start showing up around here soon.  Curious if it's up to the prior years standards since this is supposedly the first year with all High West distillate.

It’s been getting positive reviews which is encouraging as many distillers have fallen flat on their faces when they transition from sourcing to distilling. 

Also a lot of people were pissed off when High West was bought out by Constellation. Again a good MWND year would be a good sign. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Also you should buy it if you see it. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

EHT ghosted everyone this year. I used to see Rye and Single Barrel on the shelf a couple times a year. Not this year. 

I don’t think there’s been an EHT Rye release this year. I haven’t seen it anywhere on social media and there are only two entries on Wine Searcher.

Im guessing here, but maybe Buffalo Trace ran out of that good Barton juice and just skipped a year. 

I don’t think there’s been an EHT Rye release this year. I haven’t seen it anywhere on social media and there are only two entries on Wine Searcher.

Im guessing here, but maybe Buffalo Trace ran out of that good Barton juice and just skipped a year. 

A buddy and I each picked up a bottle from Deb’s in Austin back in late May or early June. Not sure how to tell if it’s a 2020 bottle or a 2019.

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I got EHT Rye last Thurs in Okla, so I don't think they skipped a year.

Stuff has come at odd times this year. 

MWND, and W12 also came the same day

I’m pretty sure last year’s was their own stuff as well, based on what I recall from my Act 7 bottle from last year. Regardless, it was fantastic, and the Act 8 I bought last week is great as well. If you happen to see one of their Barrel Select Double Ryes (finished in Syrah barrels for 9 mo), grab that too. Solid knockoff of the discontinued Yippe Ki Yay. Haven’t found the barrel finished American prairie yet, but I’m not a fan of the base, so can’t imagine I’d rate the byproduct highly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, smokeeater said:

Mash & Drum claims EHT Rye is readily available in Ohio as of August. 

Idaho Project 2.0. Lets crowdsource the hell out of this. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ISUCyclones said:
13 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:
Mash & Drum claims EHT Rye is readily available in Ohio as of August. 

Idaho Project 2.0. Lets crowdsource the hell out of this. 

Yeah that's not true in the slightest. At least not near cincy.

He’s based in Columbus, but you would certainly know better than me. I haven’t been north of Dallas since the ‘rona hit. 

12 hours ago, smokeeater said:

I definitely grabbed two EHT Rye and traded them away this year and at one point I saw them six deep on the shelf.  My guess is there was a release mid summer.  

1 hour ago, USCATX said:

I definitely grabbed two EHT Rye and traded them away this year and at one point I saw them six deep on the shelf.  My guess is there was a release mid summer.  

I assume you're in Austin? 

I could have definitely missed a quick release in Houston. It's not really something you can call around and source from different stores because they don't put in the back. EHT Rye gets put on the shelf and it flies off in a hour. 

7 hours ago, huge said:

Anyone had the Redemption 9 year barrel proof?  $99 is steep obviously

I love the wheated...

I’ve had the 9 yr low rye at a friend’s and own a bottle of the 10 yr high rye. It’s good but for whatever reason isn’t a go-to for me. The 9 year isn’t special, but I’m sure it will be sought after and hyped eventually.  

10 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I assume you're in Austin? 

I could have definitely missed a quick release in Houston. It's not really something you can call around and source from different stores because they don't put in the back. EHT Rye gets put on the shelf and it flies off in a hour. 

One in Austin, one in SA.