Bourbon

Jimbaround

42 minutes ago, Eggo said:

MGP is rather nebulous to me. I feel like every other day someone shows up with a new rando label and says "This here? 19 year MGP, baby." and I have no means to confirm nor deny without wading into the dark web.

Key is to look at the back label - “distilled in Indiana”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Here's the Spring Break bourbon play list next week between what I and my buddy plan to bring. Our families are vacationing together and we are doing a bourbon tasting.

What I am bringing:

Barrell 15 year

Angels Envy 2020

Widow Jane 15 year

Bardstown Destillaire

What he is bringing:

Whistlepig 15

Nikka Single Malt Yoichi

Kentucky Owl 10 year

EH Taylor Single Barrell

Will be a good week.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

Here's the Spring Break bourbon play list next week between what I and my buddy plan to bring. Our families are vacationing together and we are doing a bourbon tasting.

What I am bringing:

Barrell 15 year

Angels Envy 2020

Widow Jane 15 year

Bardstown Destillaire

What he is bringing:

Whistlepig 15

Nikka Single Malt Yoichi

Kentucky Owl 10 year

EH Taylor Single Barrell

Will be a good week.

I think you misspelled Old Forester 1920

2 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

I probably incorrectly spelled half the things on there. There may be some MD 20/20 as well just for good measure.

Looks like somebody hit the glass case at a good Spec’s really hard.  Let me know how the WJ15 goes, I have a 14 I haven’t ever bothered to open. 

7 hours ago, USCATX said:

Looks like somebody hit the glass case at a good Spec’s really hard.  Let me know how the WJ15 goes, I have a 14 I haven’t ever bothered to open. 

I’ve been spot buying over past year so figured it was time to break out. 
I’m very excited about the WJ and the Bardstown Destillaire.

will be good trip. I’m definitely ready for a break. 

weather was nice out so popped in the headphones and walked around the neighborhood today for two hours just checking out liquor stores and people watching. Stuck to the ones I had never been to or have hard to find but WAY over priced stuff.  Hit up 7 places but nothing unique or well priced (that includes Rums and Tequilas). All the prices seem tied to GME stock, even saw eagle rare for $61 in the 750ml bottle. Going to have to hit up the one good spot in the neighborhood tomorrow in order to have some karmic/life balance.

This Thomas S Moore port finished is really growing on me.  Killer nose and a decent palate if a bit sweet.  Not quite as balanced and oaky as the WTMK Revival, but half the price.  I ran through a little over half the bottle at LBJ this weekend, but could have easily finished it if not for switching to an Alamo City Larceny pick after the first two drinks every night. 

687D9E8C-9CCE-4948-851E-60186FBC0E1C.jpeg

• Like 1

Not giving up on the 1792 FP.  I drink everything neat so I’ll try again with some ice.   It’s just a little hot for my liking.  

I’ve had the same experience. Left mine alone for a couple of months before trying again and to my surprise, it was quite good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

Had a fortunate event last week so I’m shopping for something appropriate to celebrate. Came across a couple insane options in DC at this DuPont Circle spot. They probably have 90 of the 100 bottles on my “buy this instantly and don’t look back” list, but with these prices it’s less of a celebration and more of an investment.

42c5415224a590846677a73bf646ecd1.png
213a8988f48a2520ff5b0599676e8946.png

Gonna be interesting to see what I wind up snagging... sadly it won’t be either of the two above, but it will be noteworthy.

• Hook 'Em 1