Bourbon

Jimbaround

13 hours ago, msudawg said:

is 175 bottles of bourbon, 550 bottles of wine, and over 200 bottles of craft beer a problem?

not to me... 

You gotta pump those numbers up, those are rookie numbers.  Unless you have 175 open which would be pretty incredible. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, USCATX said:

Completely striking out on the Russell’s 13 year.  Almost got a bit stabby today just trying.  I really wanted to do a 13 yr showdown with the Widow Jane and a 13 year SAOS sample I have sitting around.  

Was this a teaser release and there’s a larger release coming, or is this it? 

Lux Row bottles have been hitting a lot of Total Wines in Houston this week. If you like Old Ezra 7 or Rebel Yell 10 year Single Barrel, you very well might find one this week at Total Wine. I doubt availability will last. 

I got super lucky and picked up a Blood Oath Pact 7 (also Lux Row) at TW earlier today. 

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Lux Row bottles have been hitting a lot of Total Wines in Houston this week. If you like Old Ezra 7 or Rebel Yell 10 year Single Barrel, you very well might find one this week at Total Wine. I doubt availability will last. 

I got super lucky and picked up a Blood Oath Pact 7 (also Lux Row) at TW earlier today. 

OE7 is my favorite bourbon for making an old fashioned, so I'm happy I was able to replenish.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

How is the blood oath? I got lucky and picked up a pact 4 today. Never tried it but heard great things. I haven't researched much on the different releases and I hadn't seen it much in the wild so I pulled the trigger.  

The SH15 is more Barton juice based on the mashbill. Danny Kahn doesn't think much of selling their best whiskey to NDP's, so I'm a bit worried that the quality will come down a notch. Having said that, early reviews seem positive. It's possible they bought the barrels in shot and aged half for a year and bottled the other for last year's SH14 release. 

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Is it the barrel proof? Regardless I would still buy it. The 14 year was worth every penny of the $140 I paid for it. 

Exactly.  I like the SH 14 as much as any of the mystery 15 year KSBW tote bourbon that has dropped and I think I paid $96 at Spec’s.  

28 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Huh.  Wonder if they have it marked wrong?  Is there any regular (not Confiscated) KO you would not purchase for $130?  

Confiscated is usually in $90 to $130 range. I believe I paid $140 with taxes the day it came out in Houston. KO Rye is sitting on the shelf at Spec’s right now for $199.99. KO Bourbon is sitting right next to it for $299.99.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Huh.  Wonder if they have it marked wrong?  Is there any regular (not Confiscated) KO you would not purchase for $130?  

Confiscated is usually in $90 to $130 range. I believe I paid $140 with taxes the day it came out in Houston. KO Rye is sitting on the shelf at Spec’s right now for $199.99. KO Bourbon is sitting right next to it for $299.99.