Bourbon

Jimbaround

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Here's a live look at me.

burn-out car GIF

if you don't already know the liquor manager at the closest pavilions to you and have an ongoing text conversation with them, you've fucked up.

i basically get all my shit from one guy at one place.  the birthday bourbon was from the fucking grocery store half a mile from my place.

i don't know how you texas people do it.  sounds awful.

12 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Texas OU weekend.  This 1.75 will hopefully get me through.  
320C03B5-271E-4861-8954-375A35D77D09.thumb.jpeg.bdb71278b8298866305ebc4f8a249611.jpeg

It’s damn good. 

IMO,  one of the best "somewhat" hard to find bottle. You can't find it all the time, but at certain times it's pretty much everywhere. I always have a bottle in my bar and one of my regular go to pours. 

11 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

IMO,  one of the best "somewhat" hard to find bottle. You can't find it all the time, but at certain times it's pretty much everywhere. I always have a bottle in my bar and one of my regular go to pours. 

This SP has been on my shelf for a couple of years.  Finally decided to try it and I’m very impressed.  Not your average BT.  

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

if you don't already know the liquor manager at the closest pavilions to you and have an ongoing text conversation with them, you've fucked up.

i basically get all my shit from one guy at one place.  the birthday bourbon was from the fucking grocery store half a mile from my place.

i don't know how you texas people do it.  sounds awful.

I had a connection for a short time with one of the guys at Bristol Farms in South Pas who helped run their liquor section, but then COVID hit, my office moved locations, I started working from home a ton, and that was the end of that.  I've also been so crazy busy with work lately that I haven't been buying as much. 

But thanks for the heads up on the South Pas Pavilions.  My son lives about 10 minutes away from there and I needed to drop some stuff off to him anyway, so I stopped in the store afterwards.  The EC18s were gone, but I did pick up a Calumet Farm 16 as well as a bottle of Lost Monarch.  I know the feedback on this site about Calumet is mixed to say the least, but I'd read some good reviews of the 16 SRB so thought I'd give it a shot.  I haven't tried any of their other stuff.  Early returns on the 16 are that it's good but not worth $150.  Definitely a good amount of oak, but it's not off-putting at least to me.  That said, it ain't worth $150.  There's too much stuff for well under $100 that is as good or better.   

34 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I had a connection for a short time with one of the guys at Bristol Farms in South Pas who helped run their liquor section, but then COVID hit, my office moved locations, I started working from home a ton, and that was the end of that.  I've also been so crazy busy with work lately that I haven't been buying as much. 

But thanks for the heads up on the South Pas Pavilions.  My son lives about 10 minutes away from there and I needed to drop some stuff off to him anyway, so I stopped in the store afterwards.  The EC18s were gone, but I did pick up a Calumet Farm 16 as well as a bottle of Lost Monarch.  I know the feedback on this site about Calumet is mixed to say the least, but I'd read some good reviews of the 16 SRB so thought I'd give it a shot.  I haven't tried any of their other stuff.  Early returns on the 16 are that it's good but not worth $150.  Definitely a good amount of oak, but it's not off-putting at least to me.  That said, it ain't worth $150.  There's too much stuff for well under $100 that is as good or better.   

every pavilions has a stash room. get to know the liquor mgr there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

4.5 oz in a four hour football game, no big deal. Though quite a few were pretty high proof. 

That Smoke Wagon Uncut and Unfiltered is really good. Blanton’s is still overrated. 

I’d skip the Younger, but yeah U/U is an auto buy for me. 

Any new stuff out worth buying? I’ve thrown my bottom shelf a beating this year. 

21 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

e3ee9570ef4b07587cb4a3d63234e622.jpg
Underrated but overpriced
Cigar is one of the best though.
My liver has been through quite the workout this weekend.
No fucking complaints.
49-fucking 0

Well I’m attributing 49-0 domination to me opening my SP 1.75 BT.  I’ll drink it only on game days and I should be able to make last through the rest of the season.  It was clearly the BT and had nothing to do with Ewers.  

7 minutes ago, burns_312 said:

Say a guy had a chance to buy a 12 year ORVW and a 15 year PVW together. What would be a decent price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A guy had a chance to buy a 12 year ORVW and a 15 year PVW together. What would be a decent price?

What do I win? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, burns_312 said:

Say a guy had a chance to buy a 12 year ORVW and a 15 year PVW together. What would be a decent price?

Decent would be 3000 or less.  15 went up to 2600 and lot b was up to 1200 but they’ve been sliding pretty hard with everything else.