Bourbon

Jimbaround

On 10/28/2022 at 3:37 PM, stork642 said:

I’m not going to buy any OF product without also picking up a 1920 while I’m there.  Up to this point  I’ve refused to buy a KC 12 over retail for quite awhile but finally found it at msrp.  68FB6F3E-AEEE-47DD-8AD7-5B896C9210EA.thumb.jpeg.002596a8fda0cd5640045444cc0c9cb5.jpeg

Not sure if I came across the recommendation for 1920 on this thread or on r/bourbon, but it was a winner. Got one a couple weeks ago and I think it's my favorite bottle I've tried this year. 

1 hour ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Where did you find the pick?
How do these groups form? How does someone get into them?

Facebook.
Someone Say Whiskey is a national FB group so when we do a barrel pick, we offer a percentage of the bottles to members that aren't local to DFW and will ship them. Not to brag or anything, but we've released some pretty damn good bottles.  Herbie can testify.  Our 2 JDBP picks were fucking incredible.  
If anyone wants in the group, just message me with your name on Facebook and I can let you in.

9 hours ago, cknight said:

I’m about 3-4 pours in but got to say pretty damn tasty; well done. 

just curious, where did you get the bottle?  I thought that one was sold out.

• Hook 'Em 1

The JDBP and Old Scout picks are my favorites, followed closely by Whistlepig rye. Absolutely fantastic bottles. BigD and I are in another local group and they’ve done some great picks but they’ve also swung and missed on some obscure ones as well so I’m hesitant with some of their stuff. Never once hesitated with an SSW pick

Edited by Herbie Hancock
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

Facebook.
Someone Say Whiskey is a national FB group so when we do a barrel pick, we offer a percentage of the bottles to members that aren't local to DFW and will ship them. Not to brag or anything, but we've released some pretty damn good bottles.  Herbie can testify.  Our 2 JDBP picks were fucking incredible.  
If anyone wants in the group, just message me with your name on Facebook and I can let you in.

just curious, where did you get the bottle?  I thought that one was sold out.

I got that from S&K Beverage in Plano off of 75 and Spring Creek Pkwy. I think it was $58 dollars out the door; they had probably 12-15 bottles left yesterday.

BigD; great job on the pick. I might have over served myself a bit last night. 125.6 proof bourbons aren't supposed to go down that easy

1 hour ago, cknight said:

I got that from S&K Beverage in Plano off of 75 and Spring Creek Pkwy. I think it was $58 dollars out the door; they had probably 12-15 bottles left yesterday.

BigD; great job on the pick. I might have over served myself a bit last night. 125.6 proof bourbons aren't supposed to go down that easy

Dang, they must have found an extra case or 2. 

1 hour ago, cknight said:

and with Heaven's Door being Dylan's brand, I thought we did a killer sticker for it.
May be a black-and-white image of ‎1 person and ‎text that says '‎ا SOMEONE SAY WHISKEY? BARREL MASHBILL: PROOF: Non Non-LCP BARREL#21563 .CORN CU #21563 LCP 125.6 25‎'‎‎

• Like 3