Bourbon

Jimbaround

This might be one of the best Manhattans I’ve ever made.  Also roasting some potatoes, grilling bone in ribeyes and getting warmed up for some Pac-12 after dark. 
39296EBC-9E3D-43CD-971B-F168AC5A6EC3.thumb.jpeg.23481e29c99afa321412ac3ae6856177.jpeg

Dammit… should have done this before I gave what’s left of my first bottle to my main hookup yesterday.

He gave me a MWND on the way out but I’ll have to try this with my backup bottle when we get to Austin.

37 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

Dammit… should have done this before I gave what’s left of my first bottle to my main hookup yesterday.

He gave me a MWND on the way out but I’ll have to try this with my backup bottle when we get to Austin.

I cannot recommend this highly enough. I think young, high proof rye makes a killer cocktail.  I liked the Old Scout 4 yr and Willett 4 yr until I tried this one and found Manhattan nirvana.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, USCATX said:

Just cashed my ‘18 M10 Bourbon from back in the day when these used to sit on the shelf in Alaska where people didn’t care about bourbon more expensive than Maker’s.  For low proof bourbons these are just so damn good. 

5E973190-9748-4442-A961-23FFB66BEAD9.jpeg

I’m hoping for one next year. I’ll have to sub in the rye this year. 

14 minutes ago, RichUT said:

Okay bill, I have to finally ask. What’s up with taking all your whiskey pics on a couch? If you’re trying to give off a Brazzers vibe then I suppose that’s a personal choice.

And it’s working, FWIW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don’t kink shame here.

3 hours ago, RichUT said:

Okay bill, I have to finally ask. What’s up with taking all your whiskey pics on a couch? If you’re trying to give off a Brazzers vibe then I suppose that’s a personal choice.

And it’s working, FWIW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha. Surly is well surly. I don’t want people talking about my interior decorating choices instead of bourbon. 

I promise to switch it up and take crotch/steering wheel/car seat pics. 

15 hours ago, RichUT said:

How do you feel about my counter/backsplash combo at my dry bar?  The wet bar has the same counter with a galvanized backsplash, maybe I should mix it up.  *Or* I could buy a new leather Lay Z Boy and take pics there.  Decisions, decisions.  

37 minutes ago, USCATX said:

How do you feel about my counter/backsplash combo at my dry bar?  The wet bar has the same counter with a galvanized backsplash, maybe I should mix it up.  *Or* I could buy a new leather Lay Z Boy and take pics there.  Decisions, decisions.  

Always opt for the Lay Z Boy. 

1 hour ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Y’all be careful talking about selling bottles or that little cuntnugget will show up to berate and belittle you for being all that is wrong in this world 

I know you're not talking shit after I put you in your place the last time and you slunk away with your tail between your legs.

Go fuck yourself. You're just a thin-skinned little cocksucker with a small dick.

Edited by Hornlover

13 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

I know you're not talking shit after I put you in your place the last time and you slunk away with your tail between your legs.

Go fuck yourself. You're just a thin-skinned little cocksucker with a small dick.

Sweetheart I didn’t mention you by name but it’s cute you felt the need to respond. I let it lie because you’ve never been a contributor to this thread and contributing to you further derailing it was absurd. But like I said, name the time and place and I’ll show you just how little I am puddin.

Edited by Herbie Hancock

Y’all be careful talking about selling bottles or that little cuntnugget will show up to berate and belittle you for being all that is wrong in this world 

Sweetheart I didn’t mention you by name but it’s cute you felt the need to respond. I let it lie because you’ve never been a contributor to this thread and contributing to you further derailing it was absurd. But like I said, name the time and place and I’ll show you just how little I am puddin.

1170fc4156d3079a516af191955f6527.jpg
  • Haha 4

36 minutes ago, USCATX said:

Anybody who doesn’t realize that Wellerz SiB was meant to be traded away to the collect ‘em all guys is probably in the wrong thread.  I’ve outright sold two of them and bought some killer PHC, 4R, and Old Fitz with the proceeds.  

This.
I turned a Weller Sib and a 21 OFBB, both at retail, into a 2017 EHT Four Grain earlier this year.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Alright, if you have $1300 and you live in Houston, I have 2 bottles of Weller SiB for you. 

No one here is biting on that.

I've actually been sick this week which never happens.  What is the preferred hot toddy to alleviate the last of this sore throat?

2 hours ago, huge said:

No one here is biting on that.

I've actually been sick this week which never happens.  What is the preferred hot toddy to alleviate the last of this sore throat?

I’m feeling the same so I made mine with a Russell’s single barrel pick from WB.  I also like them with Weller SR and no water

1 minute ago, USCATX said:

Speaking of Weller single Barrel, I just crushed the last 3.5 pours of a bottle at the Lakeway Cigar Lounge for $6.93 per 1.5 oz.  I’ll be the first to say it’s stupid at secondary, but that worked just fine. 

I’ll be paying more than that for whatever I order prior to dinner tonight and it won’t be nearly as good, but it’s dad’s birthday, he picks the restaurant, and you go with the flow.

• Like 2