Bourbon

Jimbaround

On 11/4/2022 at 9:10 AM, BigDHornfan said:

Facebook.
Someone Say Whiskey is a national FB group so when we do a barrel pick, we offer a percentage of the bottles to members that aren't local to DFW and will ship them. Not to brag or anything, but we've released some pretty damn good bottles.  Herbie can testify.  Our 2 JDBP picks were fucking incredible.  
If anyone wants in the group, just message me with your name on Facebook and I can let you in.

just curious, where did you get the bottle?  I thought that one was sold out.

Circling back here, you guys ship many bottles from picks? My go to store sold out to liquor barn a year or 2 ago and my go to fb group with picks got shut down by Zuckerberg 6 months ago. I'm just looking for some damn drinkers every now and then since any pick worth a damn where I'm at is sold out in 30 min at stores.

Circling back here, you guys ship many bottles from picks? My go to store sold out to liquor barn a year or 2 ago and my go to fb group with picks got shut down by Zuckerberg 6 months ago. I'm just looking for some damn drinkers every now and then since any pick worth a damn where I'm at is sold out in 30 min at stores.

We ship 20% of every pick to members that aren’t local to DFW.
We post a signup form for out of town members and will then randomize that list and ship to the top number of people on the list corresponding to however many bottles 20% of that particular release is.
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Old forestor single barrel barrel proofs hitting around Austin lately. Anyone tried any of them? ADHD did one YouTube review where his was too hot to taste anything else, think he compared it to gasoline... Otherwise I’ve seen pretty solid reviews on them.

i've had separate conversations with pickers at stores about these.  the samples ranged from like 124 all the way to 140 or something.  the universal opinion was that the hotter ones were pretty terrible.  the picks i've gotten were all in the high 120's and were great.

not sure how many bottles are like this, in that they only exist as store picks.  the 4r sib bs is the only other one i can think of, and those bottles are a lot to live up to, most of them are perfect.

1 hour ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Old forestor single barrel barrel proofs hitting around Austin lately. Anyone tried any of them? ADHD did one YouTube review where his was too hot to taste anything else, think he compared it to gasoline... Otherwise I’ve seen pretty solid reviews on them.

I haven’t had this round, but had a couple from last year and didn’t care for them at all.  The ECBP private barrels are 2x+ the age for around the same price and 3x as good.  I do like the OF barrel proof rye though. 

1 hour ago, RMac5 said:

That’s just crazy. Is the lot b good or is it just a unicorn? Seriously, I gave $75 for it 7-8 years ago, never opened it just because I knew it would be impossible to replace.

It’s neither. The taters have gone full potato over the last 2.5 years. Don’t get me wrong, I would love nothing more than for the secondary market to implode and the bourbon craze to die tomorrow, but until then if there’s an idiot out there with more money than sense and I am in a position to take advantage of that then I absolutely will.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

That 130th is one of my favorites of all time. I had two and the first one went very quickly. Been trying to conserve what I can of this last one

It was ER17 good, crazy bottle for $350 at auction.  ‘19 has a reputation for greatness, but I don’t remember it being anywhere near that tasty.  

16 minutes ago, USCATX said:

It was ER17 good, crazy bottle for $350 at auction.  ‘19 has a reputation for greatness, but I don’t remember it being anywhere near that tasty.  

I put it up there with 2017 WLW in flavor and smoothness. I was lucky enough to get both at retail for around $135-ish each.