Bourbon

Jimbaround

I’m pretty good at math and can’t make “didn’t have room for FRSMBLE” add up.  

YOU pack 400 bottles of booze and fill up every nook and cranny of available space moving cross country and then let’s talk…

At the end, I was giving away open RHF and EHTSiB due to a lack of space. It seems crazy, but I couldn’t honestly fathom buying any more hooch at that moment.

Have a client looking for some McKenna 10. Haven’t looked for that in a long while. Is it pretty scarce these days?

Have seen it a lot more lately, at least in MD.

2 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

YOU pack 400 bottles of booze and fill up every nook and cranny of available space moving cross country and then let’s talk… emoji23.pngemoji23.png

At the end, I was giving away open RHF and EHTSiB due to a lack of space. It seems crazy, but I couldn’t honestly fathom buying any more hooch at that moment.

I hear you. I’ve walked some pretty crazy bottles because it just seemed like too much trouble to get them home. 35CDAE65-145B-4EA3-922D-C38650364698.thumb.jpeg.34432df6f7e5a1b4982998999953acc7.jpeg92B0BFC9-0A13-43C9-8E24-499744255888.thumb.jpeg.2272d5634b2482add8d2dd24a8dc7655.jpegD4819305-7F88-4A0D-B32D-DF9C7EF55260.thumb.jpeg.0616e358b11ca65d9ba0a41cf7e4fcc2.jpeg

15 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

No complaints here. 

E2CA1DF0-AE69-4709-83FF-6B733E01AA06.thumb.jpeg.6536b3d25bed5e7502ae89ddb74e2d06.jpeg

Yeah, got a call from Specs that they had a bottle for me and shuffled over to pick it up.

Got another call today that they had a bottle of HW midwinters night dram. I didnt ask if it was act 10 or encore.

I think that I have been on that allocation list since pre-pandemic and didnt even remember being on it.  What say surly brownwater enthusiasts about this release?  Its $144. 

Edited by Anastasis

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Yeah, got a call from Specs that they had a bottle for me and shuffled over to pick it up.

Got another call today that they had a bottle of HW midwinters night dram. I didnt ask if it was act 10 or encore.

I think that I have been on that allocation list since pre-pandemic and didnt even remember being on it.  What say surly brownwater enthusiasts about this release?  Its $144. 

Dallas or Houston?

3 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Your first transgression was stopping in Decatur. I’m assuming  Eighter by the hospital? I like them but they don’t get shit for decent whiskey. The coffee house on the square has cornered the market on anything decent or allocated 

No, it was Al's on the highway. They don't get a lot of allocated bottles but when they do they don't jack the price way up. Had been looking for this one for awhile.

5 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Has High West issued an explanation for what, a $40-50 price increase from last year? 

10 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

@Party_Taco and other Greater DC area guys, any good spots for drinking and shopping in our nation’s capitol? 

Jack Rose has the best whiskey selection in the city. Churchkey is solid as well. Both usually have some barrel picks and are in the Dupont Circle area.

Don't really do much whiskey shopping in the city so can't help with that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, deac_tracy said:

Jack Rose has the best whiskey selection in the city. Churchkey is solid as well. Both usually have some barrel picks and are in the Dupont Circle area.

Don't really do much whiskey shopping in the city so can't help with that.

Yeah, I know about Jack Rose. Hay Adam’s is also on the list. 

On 11/26/2022 at 10:32 PM, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Have a client looking for some McKenna 10. Haven’t looked for that in a long while. Is it pretty scarce these days?

Saw a bottle inChildress, Tx this week.  $75.  
Kept on walking…

On 11/30/2022 at 8:06 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Has High West issued an explanation for what, a $40-50 price increase from last year? 

not that i know of, but it was definitely $99 for a long time (including at the distillery) and now it's $150 retail everywhere (including the distillery).  was probably due for a price increase but yeah, 50% is a lot.

On 11/30/2022 at 2:55 PM, Anastasis said:

What say surly brownwater enthusiasts about this release?  Its $144. 

the price is the price.  if you're a rye guy (i am not) then it's worth it because it's one of the best yearly ryes on the market, and others (like m10) are equally priced.  this is also the only time of the year you'll see it.  try to buy it in july and see what it'll cost you.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, USCATX said:

It’s going for about 200-220 secondary right now so you should buy it and trade at a minimum. 

Well I dropped in and bought it.  Also walked through all my allocation requests to square up.  I don't know what the specs point range at my store is, was told that I am near the top and H-town sent this particular store three bottles in this instance. Saw the top dawg corp wide at 998,800 or something.  My account is *just* a bit below that. Made sure I was still on the 4 grain and WLW and BB lists cause those are my unicorns. I don't believe in selling bourbon or selling guns.  But I would trade bottle and cash for one of my unicorns. 

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I saw one yesterday for 80. I passed. It's it worth picking up for that price?

I'm just happy I can find OF 1910 regularly again.

Yeah I’d pay $80 for EC barrel strength picks. Roma Liquor had one at like 138 proof + and it was divine. The owner would only sell me one. 

Had a taste of this years mwnd release and loved it.

Surely there is somebody at some of these large chains here on surly here that can put me on a call list for allocated stuff…. Lmk
I feel like I’m being punked. This Benchmark Top Shelf is really good.

Agreed for $14 it’s a smooth sipper with dark fruit notes.

Well I dropped in and bought it.  Also walked through all my allocation requests to square up.  I don't know what the specs point range at my store is, was told that I am near the top and H-town sent this particular store three bottles in this instance. Saw the top dawg corp wide at 998,800 or something.  My account is *just* a bit below that. Made sure I was still on the 4 grain and WLW and BB lists cause those are my unicorns. I don't believe in selling bourbon or selling guns.  But I would trade bottle and cash for one of my unicorns. 

4 grain? Or 4 gate?

2 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Had a taste of this years mwnd release and loved it.

Surely there is somebody at some of these large chains here on surly here that can put me on a call list for allocated stuff…. Lmk
Agreed for $14 it’s a smooth sipper with dark fruit notes.

Where is Benchmark Barrel Proof $14? 

47 minutes ago, BigDHornfan said:

Anyone that got an EHT BP recently want to trade it?
I’m your huckleberry
46809742ae68e3c03f65e0873c41c75c.jpg

It continues to make me sad that I used to be able to stop at whatever liquor store was on the right side of the road on the way home from work and pick up a handle of Antique for $45.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

Anyone that got an EHT BP recently want to trade it?
I’m your huckleberry
46809742ae68e3c03f65e0873c41c75c.jpg

I will look when I get home, I may have one. I’m in Santa Fe but headed home tomorrow. Local store in SF has several of the OF 1910 and 1920’s. for @ $59 and $65.

• Drool 1

[mention=1601]Party_Taco[/mention] and other Greater DC area guys, any good spots for drinking and shopping in our nation’s capitol? 

Yes, shoot me a DM and I’ll text you relevant details.

In other news, I finally got all the hooch out of the POD today and figured I’d celebrate by opening a random box… not a bad find!

3f73722b82d92b82a2e7b0637f43cf22.jpg