Bourbon

Jimbaround

I recently had the Redemption 18, which is MGP, and it might have been the best rye I’ve ever had in my life.  The young stuff is a waste of time, but I like the 8-10 year MGPs.  It can be a dill bomb at young ages and I don’t blame you for moving on from that.  

You’re GD right.
I just killed my Redemption 18 a couple weeks ago.
Stretched that glorious motherfucker out 2 years.

Been communicating with 291 distillery for awhile to see about my FB group doing a barrel pick, and the VP of marketing said she would send me samples of their SiB bourbon and rye to try. Wasn’t expecting 2 full bottles of each.
Yesterday was a good day.

The rye is frigging fantastic.
And these retail for $130 a bottle.

9e6a26bf7b6ec83aa3ea0597453700df.jpg

• Like 3

46f11d4fdec8890a21fb2eee21aa3e09.jpg
Picked these up today. Never had the 114 but keep seeing it pop up and grabbed it. Love RB so I’m sure the rye is gonna be a banger. And I’m fairly certain I read a positive review on the Stellum. Or did I? The night is young and there is bourbon to be drank.

Been communicating with 291 distillery for awhile to see about my FB group doing a barrel pick, and the VP of marketing said she would send me samples of their SiB bourbon and rye to try. Wasn’t expecting 2 full bottles of each.

Man you’ll have to tell me specially which ones to chase, because my 291 experiences weren’t promising

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

I have been eyeing those but the price has given me pause.

Lots of the Four Gate stuff is finished, so if that’s not your thing then it’s probably best to stay away (since they’re usually like $200).  

I bought the batch 18 a month or two ago and it’s a straight bourbon (7+ years) aged in cognac barrels. I’m a huge fan of that one, but I love cognac finished bourbons and ryes. 

100proof is good for this because it’s very good. Easy drinker. Delicious. [mention=509]henrygandorf[/mention] bringing you a couple oz. 
05924D1A-DDC3-408F-B1BA-5F3E4DC4F63F.thumb.jpeg.cf9438a528c8206cc317d979b3630734.jpeg

I suppose I should make my own assessment of it and just buy one, but I’m puzzled how I’m seeing stores with literal cases of this sitting for multiple days.

I hope JD Bonded and Triple Mash sells well. Per an interview with their master distiller Chris Fletcher, they have some other “craft style” releases in the works. They should be rewarded for taking a chance and doing something different. 

If it doesn’t sell well, Brown-Forman will take a write down, and tell JD to go back to making 80 proof Old Number 7. 

I think there’s a lot at stake here. I believe Old Number 7 is something like 95% of their gross sales. The special releases, JDBP SiB, Rye SiB, and JD SiB, are all BF supporting Fletcher’s hobby. 

I hope JD Bonded and Triple Mash sells well. Per an interview with their master distiller Chris Fletcher, they have some other “craft style” releases in the works. They should be rewarded for taking a chance and doing something different. 

If it doesn’t sell well, Brown-Forman will take a write down, and tell JD to go back to making 80 proof Old Number 7. 

I think there’s a lot at stake here. I believe Old Number 7 is something like 95% of their gross sales. The special releases, JDBP SiB, Rye SiB, and JD SiB, are all BF supporting Fletcher’s hobby. 

The triple mash seems to be moving rapidly, at least from my observation in a couple of markets.

I can be as bougie as I want to pretend to be… but I’m always down for some Old Number 7 at heart lol

1 minute ago, H_Boogie said:

The triple mash seems to be moving rapidly, at least from my observation in a couple of markets.

I can be as bougie as I want to pretend to be… but I’m always down for some Old Number 7 at heart lol

I really like Gentleman Jack when I’m hanging out. It’s an excellent sipping whiskey. I was pissed when they dropped it from our bar at the rodeo this past season. 

Old Number 7 is fine at open bars. Absolutely beats the doors off of many Beam and Dickel products. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 5:48 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

I know it’ll never be like the good ole days, but bargain, readily available bourbon seems to be on the comeback. 

- Benchmark Bonded 

- Jack Daniel’s Bonded 

- Old Forester Rye

you've set your bar way too low if those are indicators of optimism for you.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, H_Boogie said:

I suppose I should make my own assessment of it and just buy one, but I’m puzzled how I’m seeing stores with literal cases of this sitting for multiple days.

jd sib bp is readily available at several stores out here including groceries and that bottle kicks ass.

Hit Kentucky last weekend.  Hit Jim Beam, Barton, and Limestone.  Massive fail on my part at Jim Beam.  Got there first thing in the morning.  They had bottles of Little Book out for sale.  Figured we would grab a bottle after the tour.  Then I learned (too late) that they only allocate 7 bottles per day.  All gone before our tour at 10 am.

giphy.gif

Was going to chime in...this is on every shelf in nky. Decent but probably not worth what they charge

Interesting…

I haven’t had a bad bottle of NULU, and the picks are all outstanding… wasn’t aware this got wide distro elsewhere. It’s the only one I’ve seen locally, but hey I suppose we’ll see.

36 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

Interesting…

I haven’t had a bad bottle of NULU, and the picks are all outstanding… wasn’t aware this got wide distro elsewhere. It’s the only one I’ve seen locally, but hey I suppose we’ll see.

Not at all my man! Nulu puts out good picks, let us know how it is.