Bourbon

Jimbaround

On 7/6/2022 at 9:44 PM, RichUT said:

I’ve had all of them except for 1.

2 is the best imo. 3 and 4 are right behind it, with plenty of people arguing one way or the other. 5 was the biggest letdown. 6 was a return to form and 7 is plenty good, but a notch below 6.

I rank them:

I haven’t had that many, but I still think you forgot to add “getting hit by a truck” in front of 5. 

4 hours ago, USCATX said:

I haven’t had that many, but I still think you forgot to add “getting hit by a truck” in front of 5. 

Yeah it's not great. But it has served an unexpected purpose of being a "nice" bottle that I can put out whenever uninformed whiskey fans come over. I'm all too happy to let them partake and comment on how smoooooth it is. 

6882932ac544193f79ba9dc826ac072d.jpg

Was looking at this AE but $119 felt off. Seems exorbitant without knowing anything about this NTX SiB. Also…are any of these michters worth the price point?

599610280ad006f0806fd298059fe134.jpg

I know I saw something on here about these benchmarks but I’m too lazy to search. Which one do I want? Again…I’m lazy. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: I did buy this blind for $57.

596ac5ec77c6cd5de5359e43ac370e01.jpg

15 hours ago, Txslnghrns said:

6882932ac544193f79ba9dc826ac072d.jpg

Was looking at this AE but $119 felt off. Seems exorbitant without knowing anything about this NTX SiB. Also…are any of these michters worth the price point?

599610280ad006f0806fd298059fe134.jpg

I know I saw something on here about these benchmarks but I’m too lazy to search. Which one do I want? Again…I’m lazy. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: I did buy this blind for $57.

596ac5ec77c6cd5de5359e43ac370e01.jpg

Benchmark Bonded for me. Some like the SiB better. Top Floor is funky, and kind of good. Full Proof is a drain pour. 

I’m over it Buffalo Trace. Make more Kosher Wheat. 

8 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

783554C5-EFC3-41A4-8B08-C71A443DF77B.jpeg.991c9fdd23de6e37a818ab4fbfcee6a1.jpeg

Friend sent me this yesterday.  Tell me what I am looking at here. There are differences in the bottles and I haven’t experienced enough Birthday Bourbon to know what those differences are.

From L to R:

2018,2019,2020,2021 releases.   You want the 19 over all others.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

My specs told me they have done away with the points system today. So what was the point of getting close to 50k?

As in, company wide, or is it maybe just a franchisee decision? What are they going to do now as far as lists and such?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Said it’s all going in the case. Probably just this store. All the stagg jr went to the case at 10am and was gone by 1030 he said.  I been on that list for 2 years. Number 2 in points at “my store”. Shenanigans. Make a point to buy something there every week and don’t flip. Share samples and have made friends with the guys there. Bad bullsh. 

Edited by NOMAAA

Said it’s all going in the case. Probably just this store. All the stagg jr went to the case at 10am and was gone by 1030 he said.  I been on that list for 2 years. Number 2 in points at “my store”. Shenanigans. 

Yeah there are a lot of TW-hating, bunny apologists.. but I don’t see why since every single one of their stores is different in how they handle stuff. I’ll just continue to hope for the best in TW raffles and pound points at a local chain to get the hard stuff ever so often.

Yeah I don’t care one way or the other. My guy knows my unicorns so maybe I’ll get lucky. I got enough hooch as it is. Just wonder what all these points do now. 

My boss wandered into a TW today after a drop and walked up on a guy ranting about Blanton’s only being a grand reserve raffle item now. He was clearly new, so my boss was pointing out some good bottles on the shelf that are typically harder to find. Employee overheard and is like “oh we have Blood Oath in the back too.. just have to ask for it.” Get F’ed, TW. Ask for it. Guarantee you ask 9 out of 10 other associates, and they’re going to act annoyed and/or lie.

Can stores trade?   I found a little store with a WLW for over $1000.  I’ve thought about offering them a CYPB and a Weller FP in trade.  I’m guessing retailers can’t trade though.   

I’d assume “everything’s negotiable” with as many of them that pull the “not for sale / my personal collection” crap.

Said it’s all going in the case. Probably just this store. All the stagg jr went to the case at 10am and was gone by 1030 he said.  I been on that list for 2 years. Number 2 in points at “my store”. Shenanigans. Make a point to buy something there every week and don’t flip. Share samples and have made friends with the guys there. Bad bullsh. 

Fuuuuuck that - Find a new spot

1 hour ago, stork642 said:

Can stores trade?   I found a little store with a WLW for over $1000.  I’ve thought about offering them a CYPB and a Weller FP in trade.  I’m guessing retailers can’t trade though.   

Short answer is not really and even if they could it’s too risky. 
HOWEVER

Store owners can and do trade privately but they have to be really discreet about it and likely wouldn’t trade with somebody they don’t know well because they can’t risk getting scammed. 

• Like 1

Finally did a side-side of my 2017 ETL 4 Grain and poor-man’s last night… pretty interesting!

The peaks and valleys were quite close, so the journey and mouthfeel were similar, but the real deal just had so much more substance throughout. Can’t beat the fake one for the money, but if I had endless funds there would be a case of 4G at the house.

Anyway… onto the next experiment: Trying to recreate this spot of brilliance.

358508192f5bcc626baf74d3c1092b66.jpg

Now, some here might consider this wasteful, but fuck it I’m bored and have too much juice.

ae877702957b455d45dfc015d68ed435.jpg

Ratio: 40% SiB, 40% SB, 10% BT, 10% GTS

We’ll see how it shakes in a month!