Bourbon

Jimbaround

3 hours ago, Txslnghrns said:

0da0f863ce8f5bb56c9862d2cbe668f9.jpg
Is $90 for a barrel select worth it?

Eh, probably not.  They routinely go for $80 secondary but after doing a blind with more than a dozen different ER picks I would say they’re all pretty close and generally good.  On average they’re maybe 10% better than standard ER. I have I have a bunch of these sitting around waiting to get opened and I normally just crack a basic ER instead. 

Where is that?

If you zoom in, obviously it's at Raymond's. 

Raymond’s is in Arlington I believe. Have a coworker who lives over in that area. He sent me the pic and asked if I wanted a few bottles. I didn’t answer quickly so he went ahead and got me one. I may head over there and buy a few more. Are ERs good for any type of trade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/27/2022 at 8:00 PM, KeysPhoneWallet said:

This is the one I got and I definitely recommend it for anyone in the Austin area

5263746619766020b2101b3c22459872.png

I'm intrigued. I bet Roma has a pick. What's Heaven Gate's story?

Obviously not Dickel. Good. Do they use charcoal filtering? The only people that do it correctly is Jack Daniel's. Even Heaven Hill products with charcoal filtering are slightly off. 

10 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Obviously not Dickel. Good. Do they use charcoal filtering? The only people that do it correctly is Jack Daniel's. Even Heaven Hill products with charcoal filtering are slightly off. 

The text underneath the picture says 7 years MGP. 

I don't think there's a consensus on who the source is for all of their expressions. 

10 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The pick we did is TN stuff that is NOT charcoal filtered.

11 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

You god damn nerds need to stop buying all the good stuff. I go to Specs and they don’t have shit because you motherfuckers are on double secret lists and wait in line at 10:00 am on a Tuesday like a bunch of methadone addicts. 

You’re going on the wrong day. 

• Hook 'Em 1

You god damn nerds need to stop buying all the good stuff. I go to Specs and they don’t have shit because you motherfuckers are on double secret lists and wait in line at 10:00 am on a Tuesday like a bunch of methadone addicts. 

There’s plenty of good stuff on the shelf if you know what to look for. Quit whining like a bitch just cause the taters camp out, take their kids\wives to stand in line, join bourbon clubs, social media their ass off and basically sell their souls, for the allocated stuff.

• Like 1

51a2ca96621e9d777d5be17daf59d7af.jpg
Didn’t pull the trigger on the Calumet 15. Just kinda leery on spending $120 only to find out it’s underwhelming. Unless one of my surly brethren pipes up and recommends the 15. I’ve heard fairly solid things on these two so a little less hesitant to try them out.

I liked the Penelope Texas Select. Haven’t had any St Cloud offerings before. Let us know your impressions.

Checking in. Yep. The Jack Bonded/Jack Triple Mash mix is my leader in the clubhouse for an everyday drinker. Especially after witnessing the blasphemy of one Buffalo Trace per customer at the signature Spec’s. 

Hot take alert: I like the Bonded/Triple Blend blend more than the Poor Man’s Four Grain recipe mentioned upthread. I mean no disrespect to the author. I just like it better. 

Checking in. Yep. The Jack Bonded/Jack Triple Mash mix is my leader in the clubhouse for an everyday drinker. Especially after witnessing the blasphemy of one Buffalo Trace per customer at the signature Spec’s. 

Hot take alert: I like the Bonded/Triple Blend blend more than the Poor Man’s Four Grain recipe mentioned upthread. I mean no disrespect to the author. I just like it better. 

Ok, fine, I’ll make a batch…