Bourbon

Jimbaround

Nutshell distillery reviews:

Buffalo Trace: Huge and impressive. The smell is almost overpowering. Very interesting to learn which brands come from which mash bills and locations in the ricks. Struck out on anything allocated to purchase though. The tasting was all stuff I already have on the bar (BT, Eagle Rare, Blanton’s) so I didn’t need that.

Woodford: Very pretty but kinda boring since they really only make one thing. They have a bar where you can buy an expensive cocktail and a snack afterward. The tasting was Woodford and Double Oaked.

Maker’s Mark: Huge and very pretty. They also only make one thing but I found the tour interesting. Tasting was Makers, 46, Private Select, all findable stuff.

Willett: We didn’t do the tour just the tasting. They give you a choice of three of their brands plus the original Willett. There are a couple winners in there including Johnny Drum, Noah’s Mill, and the rye.

Heaven Hill: Also just did the tasting not the tour but we had a great old-timer host for the tasting who basically believes that expensive bourbon is stupid and you should drink what you like. ECBP, Toasted Barrel, Parker’s Heritage, and Heaven Hill BiB were on the menu. You could get an ECBP for $80 if you paid for a tasting. Theirs is a very modern feeling facility ga the rustic places we had visited up until then.

Angel’s Envy: Convenient in downtown Louisville vs the hour-or-more drive to everything else. Nice modern facility, great guides, tasting included the bourbon and rye and there is a bar where you can buy cocktails including pours of some of their old single barrels.

Probably hit the bar at Rabbit Hole today or tomorrow since it is downtown as well.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I'd pull the trigger on that. Going for double on secondary. If you taste it at a bar and it sucks, just flip it. 

I didn’t like much of anything I had at Michter’s it turns out, and I don’t know anything about the secondary. I passed. 

I was sad to learn at Evan Williams today that the SiB has gone Kentucky-only. 

4 hours ago, stork642 said:

I found someone who will trade 3 Blanton’s for a RR 13.  I jumping all over this one.  Not sure why he wants the Blanton’s and I don’t care.  I want that RR13.  Hopefully he doesn’t back out.  

You shouldn’t exploit regards. Also, can you give me this dude’s phone number?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/24/2022 at 3:23 PM, Buzzrock said:

I didn’t like much of anything I had at Michter’s it turns out, and I don’t know anything about the secondary. I passed. 

I was sad to learn at Evan Williams today that the SiB has gone Kentucky-only. 

Heaven Hill’s gift for killing Heaven Hill 6. Be good stewards of the land and all that. The company was founded by Jewish brothers in the small town grocery business. They give a shit about their locals. 

3 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

Nice Saturday
6425121d894c44241f1420394677a3e7.jpg
Traded a W12 and a Taylor SiB for em

Square deal. 

2 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Just tried 2022 cowboy bourbon then Staggjr and gotta say…gb kinda cocked the Stagg. And I LOVE Stagg jr…

I like Cowboy bourbon, as ridiculously overpriced as it is. I’ve never liked Stagg Jr. 

10 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I’ll be at the game this Saturday and will have plenty of goodies with me. Any of you degenerate fucks plan on being there as well I’m happy to meet up and share just shoot me a message. 

I’ll be there. I like treats. 

6 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I’ll be getting off work at 0700 Saturday morning, so from the time I get to the game until about 10:15 I’ll be in the food court getting my fat kid on. Let’s party

my crew will be there by 9 i bet.  ill be the one yelling "herrrrrrrrrrrrrrbie".

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I still don’t get the Whisky Advocate article. The packaging is too expensive to mass produce EWSiB, so Heaven Hill made it a Kentucky only release? Just double the price like they did with Heaven Hill BiB. The market will gladly bear it. 

Hell I’d be fine with them doubling the price, and putting it in an Evan Williams black bottle. I don’t give a shit about hand dipping it in wax. All I care about is keeping the age statement.