ERCOT, PUC, and deregulation got us here

cactusflinthead

Wait, so have the governor and senators from California sent out snarky tweets about Republicans’ inability to manage an electric grid while millions of people are suffering without power?

Isn’t that what politicians from other states are supposed to do in times of crisis? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

34 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Lot of people in the Park Cities have no power or are being included in the rolling blackouts. My ex-wife lives by HP Village and doesn't have power or water service right now after a pipe burst on Preston Road.

Yeah that Oncor map is ridiculously inaccurate.

33 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Here's the thing: He's not wrong.

My politics are obvious and what I want to happen is obvious (search "Thorium" in this forum), but sometimes shit happens and it has little/nothing to do with whatever your politics are. It's very easy to get Terminal Politics Poisoning and see LITERALLY EVERY HUMAN EVENT through the spectrum of validating pre-existing political beliefs.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Probably deleted because his power went out and now he’s busy tearfully screaming at Oncor about how they’re killing his family and he’s going to sue. And also because he is trying to figure out how to set up a GoFundMe.GiveSendGo

Fify.

16 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Here's the thing: He's not wrong.

My politics are obvious and what I want to happen is obvious (search "Thorium" in this forum), but sometimes shit happens and it has little/nothing to do with whatever your politics are. It's very easy to get Terminal Politics Poisoning and see LITERALLY EVERY HUMAN EVENT through the spectrum of validating pre-existing political beliefs.

I also agree with this, though I do think Texas needs to have a capacity market.  And I also am a believer in nuclear power as good baseline generation.

My sister in early January:  "I have proudly voted for Republicans here in Texas in every election since 1984."

Also my sister: "WHO THE FUCK IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ELECTRICITY GOING OUT?  I HAVEN'T HAD POWER FOR 36 HOURS! I'M FREEZING!"

The size of the canyon in her mental disconnect makes the Grand Canyon feel lie a small, puny valley.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

So I got power for 30 minutes and went on Facebook.  Some family that live in my neighborhood are posting pics of them in FL in the sun and water at the beach saying they are so lucky to be stuck there and not in TX. A bunch of people responded to the post how lucky they are and how cool they are for not being here.  Am I wrong to want to respond that there is a natural disaster going on in TX with people dying so maybe don’t post pics at the beach right now?  I mean I am as big of a prick as anybody but this seems so insensitive.  

Maybe conserve your power for something more important than Facebook rage which will predictably get you nowhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Is that real?  Did he leave a window open?   My uninsulated garage isn't even freezing much less cold enough to freeze that much water 

From the bulging ceiling looks like a pipe burst and now the resulting leaking water has frozen.

That whole hallway is going to be a loss.

10 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

colorado-city-mayor-posts.jpg?w=800&h=450&crop=1

You left off the sequel to the original post.

The best part is him bitching about his wife losing her job and “threating our livelihood”.  Hey cupcake, no one owes you or your wife anything!  Stop being lazy and fend for yourself!!

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

colorado-city-mayor-posts.jpg?w=800&h=450&crop=1

You left off the sequel to the original post.

Looks like ex mayor Tim Boyd fucked around and found out.  Even gets his wife fired but I guess she should take personal responsibility for marrying such a piece of shit. Probably needs to pull herself up by her bootstraps now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Left Coast said:

Wait, so have the governor and senators from California sent out snarky tweets about Republicans’ inability to manage an electric grid while millions of people are suffering without power?

Isn’t that what politicians from other states are supposed to do in times of crisis? 

Hopefully they don't feel the need to puff up and strut in California like the empty-eyed Goeb, Cruz, and other riffraff do.

I nearly lost it on my Mom today.  I called to check on my folks after they didn’t respond to my texts.  Mom answers and says that she and my Dad and my brother and his two kids are doing fine but are dealing with rolling blackouts.  

Doesn’t take two seconds after letting me know the family is OK before she jumps into a rant about how some idiot decided to shift 25% of the power generation capacity to wind turbines and that they are all frozen and that is what is causing the power issues.

arrested development what GIF

It just makes me ragey that she can’t get through two minutes of conversation anymore without spewing the latest talking points from her Republican women’s club.  

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

You know this mayor makes a lot of sense.  We should all fend for ourselves.  On that same topic, I would like all city, county, state and federal governments to return every dollar in taxes I have ever paid them since apparently we should be on our own and I shouldn’t have had to pay them for nothing.  

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Awesome 

"Oncor officials said they tried to trade power among neighborhoods but were unsuccessful because of the grid’s weakening stability, Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins said in a call Monday with Oncor spokeswoman Kerri Dunn."

Wheels told us the grid was not compromised.

oh, and his interview on kxas5 was a pathetic pile of manure.   the segment was positioned as "and now we're getting answers from the governor himself".    except no actual questions were asked.  why give him the platform?

24 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

I nearly lost it on my Mom today.  I called to check on my folks after they didn’t respond to my texts.  Mom answers and says that she and my Dad and my brother and his two kids are doing fine but are dealing with rolling blackouts.  

Doesn’t take two seconds after letting me know the family is OK before she jumps into a rant about how some idiot decided to shift 25% of the power generation capacity to wind turbines and that they are all frozen and that is what is causing the power issues.

arrested development what GIF

It just makes me ragey that she can’t get through two minutes of conversation anymore without spewing the latest talking points from her Republican women’s club.  

I wish i had a wind turbine company so i could sue Fox News for 2 billion dollars for spewing this nonsense.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

The Texas Republican Party needs an enema. 

The image they put out there on the national and international stage is 100 percent, pure-d, natural born, genuwine nothin' but aggy.

aggy has won in terms of our image. We can take it back. But right now we are all aggy. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2