2021 NCAA Baseball

WBT

8 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Baseball doesn't give a fuck if you play in the SEC. Hilarious that they mention their "strong history" (6 CWS appearances in 72 years) and then mention the SEC countless times. Outside of that conference,  no one gives a fuck. 

Hey don't forget their zero regular season SEC conference titles. A proud tradition.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Hey don't forget their zero regular season SEC conference titles. A proud tradition.

I saw a summary of Childress' time that referred to "6 Conference titles".  Love the smoke and mirrors there.  It's clearly a combination of regular season and conf tournament titles.

Guest Lobo
3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Didn’t you have to be a giant when you went to sleep to be a “sleeping giant”?

Is “lucid dreaming morbidly obese” a term they can use?

Guest Lobo

A&M really is the fat girl at the strip club.  They only serve to get the patrons to give more money to the girl they're currently getting dances from, while they sit in the corner and question many of their life choices from 18-22.  

On another note---did not realize how many impactful series there are in the Pac-12 this weekend (Thu-Sat actually).  Oregon @ Cal (kinda) but Oregon State @ Stanford and UCLA @ Arizona State.....both those series have massive seeding implications.  And don't be surprised to see Arizona try to get out of playing three games with Dixie State University so as to strengthen their case for the #4 overall seed (and you can peek at the font on the Dixie State jerseys, but don't google where that school is...and your first three guesses would be wrong.)  

Edited by Lobo

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

A&M really is the fat girl at the strip club.  They only serve to get the patrons to give more money to the girl they're currently getting dances from, while they sit in the corner and question many of their life choices from 18-22.  

On another note---did not realize how many impactful series there are in the Pac-12 this weekend (Thu-Sat actually).  Oregon @ Cal (kinda) but Oregon State @ Stanford and UCLA @ Arizona State.....both those series have massive seeding implications.  And don't be surprised to see Arizona try to get out of playing three games with Dixie State University so as to strengthen their case for the #4 overall seed (and you can peek at the font on the Dixie State jerseys, but don't google where that school is...and your first three guesses would be wrong.)  

Utah? Promise I didn't look it up.

Guest Lobo

Don't promise me, you're the one that has to look Joseph Smith in the eye and pledge you weren't cheating.  

Shockingly, Dixie State is not an HBCU.  Really pretty part of the country though in SW Utah.  I guess close enough to Tucson for some quick non-conf. action.  

Hmmm, didn't miss much of a beat and was competitive right away. One might think that means there is no difference in "weight class" between the two conferences.  No matter the weight class, aggy will always be mired in mediocrity, just a season away from awakening the sleeping giant. (At this point, can't we all just agree the giant is dead? Would explain the smell in B/CS.)

While Aggy is last in the SEC West, I think you failed to see where Aggy finished a game ahead of last in the SEC East Missouri.

Advantage Aggy.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Guest Lobo

I see it more and more, in order to preserve the best chances for SEC to place two teams in each of the two Omaha brackets, I'm starting to see how they're setting the Super Regional table.  And nearly every reputable projection has Texas v. Florida in the Supers should we both hold our own in regionals.  Gatorubet should be pleased.  And afraid.  Very, Very Afraid.  

My guess is that A&M gets Dan Heefner from Dallas Baptist.

The $ they’ll offer will be too good and he has seemingly plateaued at DBU with the whole 1st / 2nd in conference, Postseason bid, and elimination in the regionals shtick.

I could be wrong, but that’s who my $ is on.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

My guess is that A&M gets Dan Heefner from Dallas Baptist.

The $ they’ll offer will be too good and he has seemingly plateaued at DBU with the whole 1st / 2nd in conference, Postseason bid, and elimination in the regionals shtick.

I could be wrong, but that’s who my $ is on.

Which, unfortunately, would be a great hire.

Guest Lobo

In-state rivalries aside, I may not know the ins and outs of major college athletics coaching contracts.  Lots of codicils, amendments, riders, exits, and clauses.  Lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what have-you's.  Sometimes a negotiation is simply meant to serve as a chess piece in another game altogether.  Sometimes a negotiation means you have all the leverage.  Sometimes a negotiation is to solidify that you have none.  I don't know in all the cases of A&M's potential hires.  It's for their AD, their Chancellor, their President, their Board of Regents, and their general counsel to decide.  

But has it occurred to the Aggies, and again I'm not a sports agent or contract lawyer,

that maybe, just maybe...NOBODY WORTH HAVING WANTS TO COACH AT YOUR STUPID FUCKING SCHOOL!  

There could be some big names on the assistant coaching market. 

If Rob Childress doesn't get another head coaching job he's an excellent pitching coach and a ton of experience recruiting the state. Need to see what happens with Whitting at UH and Skip Johnson at OU. 

I would love any of those 3 at Texas. 

Edited by texasstrong12

46 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Terrible hire in the first place. No ties to the area and his recruiting def suffered for it.

Agree !

Are you familiar with the Rice program ?    Does the AD control, alumni, Berkman, anyone or there divisions  ?      Good for the State if they return to prominence.

Our resident Owl,  @OWLVIS had some health issues.    Hope he is doing well.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m familiar being from Houston and I know coach rupp who was an assistant there for graham  before leaving for Sam. I know they wanted graham to retire but you would have thought the guy who built there program might say hey this needs to be your guy. Maybe Wayne just wanted to attend Texas games and be a fan and not have further influence or they didn’t want it. But I was confused about bragga from the get go and not surprised they are looking for another coach.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

I’m familiar being from Houston and I know coach rupp who was an assistant there for graham  before leaving for Sam. I know they wanted graham to retire but you would have thought the guy who built there program might say hey this needs to be your guy. Maybe Wayne just wanted to attend Texas games and be a fan and not have further influence or they didn’t want it. But I was confused about bragga from the get go and not surprised they are looking for another coach.

Rupp was always a stand up guy, what's he up to these days? I used to love watching him and D.Smith go at it in the mid/late 90's.

TX Juco baseball was a hell of a lot of fun back then. I remember seeing a game in Baytown and could not believe the talent, Lew Ford and Juan Pierre roaming CF. I've said it before but Lew Ford is second to only Lance Berkman for best hitters I saw that year(1997).