2021 NCAA Baseball

WBT

Guest Lobo

When Stanford leaves for Lubbock tomorrow, it'll be 65.  Where they're going is 105.  I think that'll play somewhat of a role.  

production assistant, "Sir, what time shall we start the Texas Tech-Stanford broadcast?"

Producer, "I don't know.  What time is it on the Sun?"

production assistant, "What, sir?"

Producer, "2 o'clock for all three games it is!" 

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Rumor is that Sully slept with a woman, whose (soon-to-be) ex-husband took it poorly and carried out an apparent murder-suicide of himself and his sons.

https://www.gainesville.com/story/news/crime/2021/05/06/what-we-know-paul-reinhart-apparent-murder-suicide-gainesville/4975945001/

I have to do everything here...

42804714-9562099-image-m-13_162066470553

8 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yep, that picture is striking because the crazy eyes are so obviously on the man for once. 

My thoughts exactly.

Difference is that in a woman, that's someone who will slash your tires and boil your bunny rabbit.  In a dude, you get murdered.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Rumor is that Sully slept with a woman, whose (soon-to-be) ex-husband took it poorly and carried out an apparent murder-suicide of himself and his sons.

https://www.gainesville.com/story/news/crime/2021/05/06/what-we-know-paul-reinhart-apparent-murder-suicide-gainesville/4975945001/

damn that was like a month ago

I think LSU will try to snag Mike Bianco from Ole Miss. He played and was under Skip Bertman as an assistant, then took over the HC job at McNeese, from LSU. His experience there paid off quickly and Skip still had some years left in the tank. UM hired Mike in early 2000s. Bianco’s son plays CF for LSU!

So, already at UM when Skip retired, I guess wanted to stay so in came Paul Mainerie roughly 15 years ago. Maybe his son has another year left(?), so they can both finish where he started. Might be the play - IMO.

10 hours ago, WBT said:

LSU passed on a coach due to off-field issues?  Right, right, right.

the issue was that he did not have enough off field issues he was lacking in that area

as for TCU losing Schloss I think they will be OK of they elevate Saarloss or if they get the DBU coach

I am not sure this will work out well for aggy I think Schloss might be a bit worn out added on to with his own personal life issues.....a lot of times people thing that a "change of pace" will make things better, but you also need to change your own behaviors......most TCU fans do not seem super upset about it they do not like it overall, but they believe they can move on and keep things rolling and I tend to agree

aggy also likes to make the dumb comments about "the big leagues" well guess what your coach that is leaving a really good situation probably because he is burned out and wants to move on from personal issues is now "in the big leagues" and he has those idiotic aggy expectations......and when Arkansas, LSU, The Mississippi's, Florida, Vandy, and Tennessee "big league" Schloss well you are fucked

Schloss can coach for sure, but I am not sure he is like Jumbo where he is willing to get a ranch, start fucking sheep, actually work a bit harder and pretty much live coaching aggy.......while "getting close" and "next year" (after losing a fair amount of talent while putting expectations through the roof)

on bad year for Schloss and aggy can blame that on the last coach, but I think Schloss will be thinking "I fucked up"......two bad years and the shit hits the fan quickly because LSU is probably not going to fuck up their search and the other top teams in the SEC SEC SEC are not going anywhere

one or two bad years for aggy and combine that with TCU keeping on keeping on and shit will get really ugly....I am expecting shit to get really really ugly 

Edited by ButtFumble

It's best for Texas that TCU doesn't have Schloos and Saarloos but I definitely wouldn't be counting out TCU if they hire Saarloos. 

He's a stud pitching coach and was the main attraction at TCU from a recruiting perspective. 

Edited by texasstrong12

6 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

the issue was that he did not have enough off field issues he was lacking in that area

as for TCU losing Schloss I think they will be OK of they elevate Saarloss or if they get the DBU coach

I am not sure this will work out well for aggy I think Schloss might be a bit worn out added on to with his own personal life issues.....a lot of times people thing that a "change of pace" will make things better, but you also need to change your own behaviors......most TCU fans do not seem super upset about it they do not like it overall, but they believe they can move on and keep things rolling and I tend to agree

aggy also likes to make the dumb comments about "the big leagues" well guess what your coach that is leaving a really good situation probably because he is burned out and wants to move on from personal issues is now "in the big leagues" and he has those idiotic aggy expectations......and when Arkansas, LSU, The Mississippi's, Florida, Vandy, and Tennessee "big league" Schloss well you are fucked

Schloss can coach for sure, but I am not sure he is like Jumbo where he is willing to get a ranch, start fucking sheep, actually work a bit harder and pretty much live coaching aggy.......while "getting close" and "next year" (after losing a fair amount of talent while putting expectations through the roof)

on bad year for Schloss and aggy can blame that on the last coach, but I think Schloss will be thinking "I fucked up"......two bad years and the shit hits the fan quickly because LSU is probably not going to fuck up their search and the other top teams in the SEC SEC SEC are not going anywhere

one or two bad years for aggy and combine that with TCU keeping on keeping on and shit will get really ugly....I am expecting shit to get really really ugly 

The guy was there 18 years, he is only 50, just got divorced in which his ex-wife got to keep the house across the street from Lupton, fractured relationship with the AD as facility upgrades that were promised under Del Conte have been stalled since he left. Accomplished everything there is to accomplish except winning it all at the baseball doormat that was TCU. Again he is only 50, don’t understand why people think he is old, Augie was 57-58 when he took the Texas job. 

SEC West is going to be a meat grinder and someone has got to be at the bottom so that will be fun to watch.

TCU would be wise to make a run at Heefner, I’ve read where he wants to coach at a religious school so TCU would be the perfect step up.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Trying so hard to be like big brother. It will seem like a huge pull to the simpletons but we all know he could have been had by any TCU level school or higher. 

This is a dumb take which is nothing new for Luicci. This was way more of a “I need a change of scenery after 18 years and feel like I hit a wall” and less of a “Wow this is an opportunity I can’t pass up, total dream job!”

I will say he couldn’t have been had by anybody, the fact that he had been at TCU for 18 years and stayed through many big time openings including the most recent being Mississippi State says as much. Just an instance of timing being perfect for both parties.

Edited by chase25

From Texags:

I don't think some of y'all (not you specifically but the ones saying they wouldn't want Schlossnagle) understand the deep depths of the abyss at which he pulled TCU out of. Tennessee wasn't a non-entity when he got there, they had 4 CWS appearances and 9 NCAA tournament appearances, nothing to write home about but not a non-entity. 

TCU was nothing but a piece of lent in the history of college baseball, not even a footnote. 2 NCAA tournament appearances all-time when Schloss got there... That is a non-entity. Jim is responsible for all 5 of their CWS appearances, all 7 of their regional championships, 15 of their 17 NCAA tourney appearances, all 7 of their conference tourney championships, and 12 of their 19 regular season championships. Jim Schlossnagle is TCU baseball and he didn't take them to the top beating on the sisters of the poor or catching a 4 seed in a super, his first CWS appearance he went into Austin and beat a 50-13 Texas team that went 24-3 in Big 12 play and was the #2 national seed. It was pretty much the exact same Texas team (arguably better) that lost to LSU the year prior in the title game. You can think Tony Vitello is going to be the next Augie Garrido, Skip Bertman, or whatever but there is no doubt that Jim Schlossnagle is the best hire out there as far as skins on the wall.

Lastly why do people keep bringing up his age? He is 8 years older than Vitello. He is only 50, means he probably has at least 15 good years left.”

“You have to give Schloss credit for being willing to leave his comfort zone.

there have been coaches thru the years that had great success with the big-fish-in-a-small-pond college baseball strategy (also known as the dominate-a-weaker-conference strategy or the Rice formula)...

and been unwilling to change jobs for a tougher or the toughest conference.

it will be fascinating to see how Schlossnagle does at A&M.”

Edited by Cairn Horn88

26 minutes ago, chase25 said:

The guy was there 18 years, he is only 50, just got divorced in which his ex-wife got to keep the house across the street from Lupton, fractured relationship with the AD as facility upgrades that were promised under Del Conte have been stalled since he left. Accomplished everything there is to accomplish except winning it all at the baseball doormat that was TCU. Again he is only 50, don’t understand why people think he is old, Augie was 57-58 when he took the Texas job. 

SEC West is going to be a meat grinder and someone has got to be at the bottom so that will be fun to watch.

TCU would be wise to make a run at Heefner, I’ve read where he wants to coach at a religious school so TCU would be the perfect step up.

you do have a point I remember reading that he was younger, but I kind of forgot that, but when you look at him he looks about 67 which is probably why people always think he is older.....because he looks old and tired

not impressed with what I am hearing that he was the first to leave after their last regional loss.....he was driving on out before the team had even left and a lot of TCU fans are not impressed with that either

it is not like the TCU stajium is a dump it is a pretty good facility and it is not like the USA did not just go through some major economic issues that hit college sports especially hard and not construction cost are through the roof

TCU has upgraded facilities for all sports consistently and they like to do so with cash more than debt if a coach that has been there 18 years and that is playing to get to a super-regional can't see fit to deal with some of the above issues and work with TCU well then he belongs at aggy and we can all see how it works out

I am sure aggy will build him stuff, but ad RDuke pointed out their athletics income is down now that stajium donation commitments have been met and they are $322 million in debt for athletics so good luck with their money whipping anyone and everyone lets see how that goes long term

Edited by ButtFumble

5 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

you do have a point I remember reading that he was younger, but I kind of forgot that, but when you look at him he looks about 67 which is probably why people always think he is older.....because he looks old and tired

not impressed with what I am hearing that he was the first to leave after their last regional loss.....he was driving on out before the team had even left and a lot of TCU fans are not impressed with that either

it is not like the TCU stajium is a dump it is a pretty good facility and it is not like the USA did not just go through some major economic issues that hit college sports especially hard and not construction cost are through the roof

TCU has upgraded facilities for all sports consistently and they like to do so with cash more than debt of a coach that has been there 18 years and that is playing to get to a super-regional can't see fit to deal with some of the above issues and work with TCU well then he belongs at aggy and we can all see how it works out

The only thing TCU baseball was famous for before coach was being the landing spot when Reid Ryan washed out of Austin.

Edited by petscii

3 minutes ago, petscii said:

The biggest thing about TCU before coach was being the landing spot when weed ryan wore out his welcome here.  Yes that Ryan.

yea and the biggest thing about aggy baseball is well....nothing

so TCU with Schloss being there 18 years and doing what he did puts them in as good or better of a place to keep right on doing well

as of now we know that aggy does well spending money TCU does better spending money and on the field in several sports

31 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

yea and the biggest thing about aggy baseball is well....nothing

so TCU with Schloss being there 18 years and doing what he did puts them in as good or better of a place to keep right on doing well

as of now we know that aggy does well spending money TCU does better spending money and on the field in several sports

Schloss better be ready for a grind in the first couple years. That's quite the rebuild. Dependent on the draft and transfer portal it sounds like only 1 position player could be returning next season. 

TCU is not really a religious school. At least not one that Heefner would leave DBU for. Sounds like he’s hardcore.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Concern is the effect on recruiting in the Houston area.    

We have made great strides in that area under Pierce (with his connections) and the demise of Rice.     New kid on the block always attracts attention.

11 minutes ago, torre said:

Concern is the effect on recruiting in the Houston area.    

We have made great strides in that area under Pierce (with his connections) and the demise of Rice.     New kid on the block always attracts attention.

Wouldn't be much help either if Sean Allen ends up at Rice.  

• Hook 'Em 1