The Cloak Room is a terrible place.

Parliament

This site is heavily medicated, maybe; self included.

Not heavily moderated.  They are about as hands off as you could be, in all fairness.  The rep-policing is puzzling however.

It's amazing where/ when the sporadic "corrections" occur when they do.  That might be the root of the frustrations. overall, the moderation is virtually nil.

5 hours ago, Passive Aggressive Coach said:

LOL OK. Now enforce that?  @PenelopeWitherspoon wouldn't even be here then. 

She spent 2 days negging 100s of my posts from CR to Football to get me banned. Nothing from you. 

Right after Sack and immortal get the same.

Edit: Oatmeal Cookie was the first one to necroneg me. When he stopped I did. It did not save him from saying stupid shit.

Edited by cactusflinthead
  • Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Edit: Oatmeal Cookie was the first one to necroneg me. When he stopped I did. It did not save him from saying stupid shit.

Or, how about people not be gaping pussies and stop complaining about rep.  Who the fuck cares?  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Or, how about people not be gaping pussies and stop complaining about rep.  Who the fuck cares?  

Says the gaping pussy going back through posting history negging every post? 

But yeah rep is completely meaningless unless you hover in the 100-500 range. If you hover in that range you probably suck or don't post much because people are generous with rep. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, immamac said:

Says the gaping pussy going back through posting history negging every post? 

But yeah rep is completely meaningless unless you hover in the 100-500 range. If you hover in that range you probably suck or don't post much because people are generous with rep. 

Meh.  PAC was posting vaccine disinformation.  He was asked NUMEROUS times to stop by a lot of people, and I KNOW I reported him at least once.  When he refused, I negged him into negative.  He had like 300 rep.  It took an hour one day. 

Don't start no shit won't be no shit. 

But he keeps complaining about it 2 months after, so he is absolutely a gaping pussy.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Meh.  PAC was posting vaccine disinformation.  He was asked NUMEROUS times to stop by a lot of people, and I KNOW I reported him at least once.  When he refused, I negged him into negative.  He had like 300 rep.  It took an hour one day. 

Don't start no shit won't be no shit. 

But he keeps complaining about it 2 months after, so he is absolutely a gaping pussy.  

I vaguely remember that. Vaccine disinformation is a good way to never get any help from mods. 

• Hook 'Em 6

What is unfortunate about the cloak room is that the left leaning majority always gangs up on the right leaning minority and negs just about everything they post, and neither side hardly ever acknowledges any point the other side tries to make.

The reality is that the far left wing of the Democratic Party and the entire Republican party have serious issues, but no one in their own parties will ever admit that or acknowledge it. It’s frustrating. So all rational people just walk away.  

• Hook 'Em 3

38 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

What is unfortunate about the cloak room is that the left leaning majority always gangs up on the right leaning minority and negs just about everything they post, and neither side hardly ever acknowledges any point the other side tries to make.

The reality is that the far left wing of the Democratic Party and the entire Republican party have serious issues, but no one in their own parties will ever admit that or acknowledge it. It’s frustrating. So all rational people just walk away.  

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

No Way Smh GIF by Amazon Prime Video

That is about as far from reality as you can get.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

5 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

That's pretty inaccurate - when a right leaning poster comes into CR making sound and cogent arguments supported with evidence they rarely if ever pick up systemic negs. Sure, they'll get one or two drive-bys in a similar style to what immortal does in DT, but it's hardly the purity olympics. 

If you come around throwing empty talking points, rhetoric, or disinformation that's solely supported by whatever shit you read on telegram and Facebook, you'll get negged to purgatory. Simple as that. Same thing for big election lies. 

Gotta stick to DT if you wanna stoke antivax and antidemocratic disinformation and not get called on it

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

This simply isn't true.

Those that I suspect you have characterized as left leaning tend to be more open minded and eager to discuss issues on their merits.  You know, most of the folks who used to be Republican voters (like myself).  You'll find, if you bother to look, that the right leaning minority is far more consistent in posting multiple negs on posts.  It's stupid team play.  It happens plenty on "both sides" but to suggest that it's "always" those on the left ganging up on the right is just flat out wrong.

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Get the same for what? The only poster I ever neg bombed like that was Texaspython and that was in retaliation for negging 14 of my posts all at once. And you have no fucking room to talk about freely handing out negs. Maybe you and your liberal circle jerk pals should quit crying about neg rep

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/28/2021 at 9:34 AM, Dbeasy said:

Other than the 99% of Democrats that are in constant despair over how shitty and ineffective the party is.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Because I'm really not on your ignore list, am I PWP? 🤣🤣

Actually, you are on my ignore list.  That post was not to you, it was to someone else.

However, since you are being such a trolling piece of shit in the COVID thread, I choose to look at your posts and neg them.  You need a time out.  You are not mentally well.

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Actually, you are on my ignore list.  That post was not to you, it was to someone else.

However, since you are being such a trolling piece of shit in the COVID thread, I choose to look at your posts and neg them.  You need a time out.  You are not mentally well.

Coming from you, that's a compliment. And I have done nothing to receive a time out for so fuck off Penelope Witheredpussy. Thanks for the rep too....I always love getting rep from you. 

Oh by the way was that your actual pic you posted? Gross

Edited by immortal13
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

16 hours ago, immortal13 said:

Coming from you, that's a compliment. And I have done nothing to receive a time out for so fuck off Penelope Witheredpussy. Thanks for the rep too....I always love getting rep from you. 

Oh by the way was that your actual pic you posted? Gross

You are mentally unwell.  Get help.

• Haha 1

I was under the impression surly threads count as ‘group therapy’ for our court ordered hours.  Shit.  

immamac, I guess I don’t need you to keep forging those time logs.  Thanks 

Regardless of what side, if any, one leans, I always found it really weird how some people join a sports, music or other interest based board but spend 95% of their time their in political threads. It seems like there's something a bit off about those folks.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, DougO said:

Regardless of what side, if any, one leans, I always found it really weird how some people join a sports, music or other interest based board but spend 95% of their time their in political threads. It seems like there's something a bit off about those folks.

You’re describing me, and I admit to being a bit off. Here’s why:

21 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

I’ll leave it at that.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 1/1/2022 at 1:39 AM, Willfully Horn said:

You’re describing me, and I admit to being a bit off. Here’s why:

I’ll leave it at that.

The combination of Trump and Tom Herman drove me to drink and post in the CR.

Well actually I drank before that but posting in the CR was new. 

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

The combination of Trump and Tom Herman drove me to drink and post in the CR.

Well actually I drank before that but posting in the CR was new. 

I’m behind the curve for the cutting edge Surly sports takes, so I lurk on those boards. My frustration with the miasma emanating from UT’s football program doesn’t come close to the agitation I feel for my kid’s future in a failed nation, though. 

• Hook 'Em 2

19 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

I’m behind the curve for the cutting edge Surly sports takes, so I lurk on those boards. My frustration with the miasma emanating from UT’s football program doesn’t come close to the agitation I feel for my kid’s future in a failed nation, though. 

Had no idea you were Ainglish.

Edited by slorch

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/23/2021 at 11:04 PM, immamac said:

yeah going on a neg spree that just goes back into threads that are completely irrelevant and have nothing to do with anything is harassment. 

@UpperWestside has done this to me multiple times, check his/my activity, including Lulz posts. 

Edited by Immaculate Vibes
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 12/24/2021 at 12:04 AM, immamac said:

yeah going on a neg spree that just goes back into threads that are completely irrelevant and have nothing to do with anything is harassment. 

Oh really? I had an unhinged person neg me 100 of times in just a couple day period going deep into Football posts to find posts to neg. Care to comment @PenelopeWitherspoon

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1