The Cloak Room is a terrible place.

Parliament

40 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

If that's the case, then why do you feel the need to tell me about it? I never shared my opinion on the topic.

Since you haven't gotten the hint from my earlier replies, I'll be a little more blunt. I have nothing against CR posters that keep it clean elsewhere. However, I see trolls like you as nothing more than mentally unstable and weak minded scum who feel the need to bring others down to their level. Your idea that a message board circle-jerk remotely resembles an educated political debate rivals the delusion witnessed on TexAgs. 

Have a nice life.

Every accusation is a confession.  You are the one that came into this thread and started calling people stupid and belittling political discourse.  Perhaps you should just shut the fuck up, because you have very obviously told us who you are and what you stand for.  

• Hook 'Em 6

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2022 at 3:32 PM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Are you really this dumb?  A majority of Americans believe abortion should be legal.  It is a very vocal minority who bought and paid for the Supreme Court who thinks abortion should be banned.  Maybe if you stopped watching Fox News you might learn something.  We all know you are too big of a pussy You know you're wrong and are too afraid to have that become public knowledge to engage in meaningful discussion in the Cloak Room.  

fixed

• Hook 'Em 4

• 2 weeks later...

I was hanging out in cloak room in 2016 to bag on the Obama administration.  Got a lotta rep.  Took some time away from it. Spent time there in 2019 & 2020 to bag on Trump.  Got a lotta rep. But it’s gone too far. 

there’s a thread now devoted to some two-bit newly elected congressman who admits he lied about his entire background and we’re just supposed to accept the liberal bias of the media and the CR postings about it?  Fucking bullshit and admins should put a stop to it. 

there’s many well known posters who hate me, which I think is cute.  But one in particular who I think I talked to a couple times in real life.  Turns out he’s a huge MAGA guy in real life despite his posts to the contrary.

Anyway, he messaged me, “your posts suck, you suck.  Who’s dick did you suck to get all that rep, you don’t any from the threads I see?!?”

and I replied, “I think a lot of it comes from the cloak room.”

to which he says, “I don’t ever go on there.  How Did you go from knowing all the republicans I do to bashing those people and getting so much rep?”

I think of a Trump voter.  And I take away reason and accountability.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I was hanging out in cloak room in 2016 to bag on the Obama administration.  Got a lotta rep.  Took some time away from it. Spent time there in 2019 & 2020 to bag on Trump.  Got a lotta rep. But it’s gone too far. 

there’s a thread now devoted to some two-bit newly elected congressman who admits he lied about his entire background and we’re just supposed to accept the liberal bias of the media and the CR postings about it?  Fucking bullshit and admins should put a stop to it. 

there’s many well known posters who hate me, which I think is cute.  But one in particular who I think I talked to a couple times in real life.  Turns out he’s a huge MAGA guy in real life despite his posts to the contrary.

Anyway, he messaged me, “your posts suck, you suck.  Who’s dick did you suck to get all that rep, you don’t any from the threads I see?!?”

and I replied, “I think a lot of it comes from the cloak room.”

to which he says, “I don’t ever go on there.  How Did you go from knowing all the republicans I do to bashing those people and getting so much rep?”

I think of a Trump voter.  And I take away reason and accountability.  

Jack Nicholson Sunglasses GIF by Pop TV

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 months later...

I get some good knowledge from the Cloak Room about subjects other than just threads about Trump or the lying clownfraud congressman. If you do not enjoy a particular section of the board just don’t visit that part of this board. I don’t enjoy the football board so I visit it sparingly. If someone posts something on this board in a section you don’t want to read it in just ignore the post or poster. It’s not that hard to do this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/2/2023 at 7:38 PM, Anastasis said:

No shit, you check in on the Xmas food threads after brunch and presents and are bombarded by neg notifications blasts from sad lonely people. @PenelopeWitherspoon, seek help. 

The only sad person here is you, you twat.  You get your jollies by restricting other people's freedoms then couching your obvious right wing stance behind both siderism and faux intellectualism.  You bring nothing positive here.  Post less.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 2

4 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

The only sad person here is you, you twat.  You get your jollies by restricting other people's freedoms then couching your obvious right wing stance behind both siderism and faux intellectualism.  You bring nothing positive here.  Post less.

You were carpet negging old posts about fda and wh messaging regarding boosters in the Covid thread on Christmas Eve night. Nobody should take you seriously. I certainly do not. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You were carpet negging old posts about fda and wh messaging regarding boosters in the Covid thread on Christmas Eve night. Nobody should take you seriously. I certainly do not. 

You are a sad person that you give a shit about negs on a fucking message board.  Obviously to you, the internet is serious business.  Seek help.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2023 at 9:51 AM, closetohumping said:

Hello.  My name is Luka.

@immamac maybe we need a thread where we can express our opinion about something board related without getting neg bombed?  Saying the CR is a place you can get neg bombed can.......indeed get you neg bombed.  

Is there a board here where you cannot get neg bombed no matter what you post?

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I think you gravely underestimate how many posters on there are neither young nor liberal.  We are certainly mentally unhinged though 

My 70-something/pushing 80 parents still say I'm young.

Just Saying Bernie Sanders GIF by Saturday Night Live

Just ignore all of us who double-space after we type a "." at the end of a sentence.  We didn't grow up learning to type on actual ancient typewriters, nosiree!

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

It’s even worse for young conservative males, what with the persistent virginity and inability to thrive in a service economy.

It's hard to pull yourself up by your bootstraps when you're constantly using your hands to yank your no-pussy getting dick.  

It's also just plain oxymoronic to have a "conservative sense of place" when that word doesn't fucking mean anything any more.  Maybe we should have two cloak rooms?  

2 hours ago, Celery Man said:

what with the persistent virginity

We have failed as a society when so many single young people take to social media to bitch about not getting laid or how hard it is. You are supposed to keep that shit on the down low, and if anything brag about how much you're getting laid or how easy it is, even if you are not.  But now young men openly proclaim themselves to be "involuntarily celibate" which is dumb as fuck, because a lot of women do not like guys with such a low self-esteem and that blame women for their not getting laid.

When I was in high school, if some dude foolishly went around whining about how he wasn't getting laid, people would mock him endlessly.  Or they'd question his sexuality.  Either of these things would drive some to near-suicide unfortunately (the 80s and early 90s were fucking brutal and backwards).  But now when they openly do it on social media, which would have been the equivalent of carrying a sign around proclaiming it when I was a kid, everybody assumes they will make a run at shooting up the school at some point.

To Surly's credit, I don't think anybody here has proclaimed themselves an incel.

Edit: Well, at least nobody who is single seems to have proclaimed themselves to be an incel.  If you hit up the married thread though, plenty of married dudes...

Edited by atomheartbevo

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

My 70-something/pushing 80 parents still say I'm young.

Just Saying Bernie Sanders GIF by Saturday Night Live

Just ignore all of us who double-space after we type a "." at the end of a sentence.  We didn't grow up learning to type on actual ancient typewriters, nosiree!

i did.

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, elfenix said:

i did.

Yep, which is why I shock the hell out of people when I type so much faster and accurate than they do.

Thought about making my kids learn to type on a typewriter, but just got them an old Model M keyboard instead.  Not quite typewriter, but God's True Keyboard, so....

• Hook 'Em 1

I was disappointed when I first found the CR. I just thought it would be like conspiracy theories and cloak and dagger type shit. If we had two CRs I’d name the conservative one the Cornhole, I guess. In all fairness, it’s become increasingly apparent that this country is split almost 50/50 on a lot of issues…not all but quite a few. So I totally get that posters with a more conservative take (not evil just different) stop posting entirely bc they don’t have a place they feel like they can truly disagree in a thoughtful way. Nothing I think or believe falls along straight party lines so I get on particular hot button issues that there really isn’t a place where some feel comfortable expressing their ideas and opinions or even facts. Jmo. Not a criticism. It’s hard if you go into a hot topic and say, “I really prefer (insert whatever) oranges, for instance.” And then you have 20 posters attacking you or neg bombing you with, “Oh so you hate apples then? Well fuck you, you apple hater.” And the person said nothing about hating apples or any other fruit just that they prefer oranges. It’s the nature of social media and boards and forums but it gets tedious and it turns off a ton of people (mostly with good intentions) from wanting to be here or post. I don’t care about the people who have shit intentions and just want to create hate and other things like that. Don’t want them spreading their shit. But there are a lot of good intentioned people who simply stop talking or posting or sharing altogether and that kinda sucks. Jmo. Not attacking anyone. Just was thinking of the two CRs and realizing it’s probably not possible.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

It’s funny how alleged adults concern themselves with imaginary rep points on a fucking online forum. Rep isn’t money or inches to your dick.

relative importance:

e-peen > real peen

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

It’s funny how alleged adults concern themselves with imaginary rep points on a fucking online forum. Rep isn’t money or inches to your dick.

Just wait until the imaginary rep points are faked.  People got all of sorts on that one.  "You will accept my admonishment, dammit!"

Just wait until the imaginary rep points are faked.  People got all of sorts on that one.  "You will accept my admonishment, dammit!"

Well, see, and I hope you can understand…that is also a certain level of pathetic as well. So concerned by it that you had to create another account to rep yourself. That is acertainly caring more about it that goes beyond just bitching about negs.

Sorry Iceman, thems the facts.
  • Haha 5

21 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I was disappointed when I first found the CR. I just thought it would be like conspiracy theories and cloak and dagger type shit. If we had two CRs I’d name the conservative one the Cornhole, I guess. In all fairness, it’s become increasingly apparent that this country is split almost 50/50 on a lot of issues…not all but quite a few. So I totally get that posters with a more conservative take (not evil just different) stop posting entirely bc they don’t have a place they feel like they can truly disagree in a thoughtful way. Nothing I think or believe falls along straight party lines so I get on particular hot button issues that there really isn’t a place where some feel comfortable expressing their ideas and opinions or even facts. Jmo. Not a criticism. It’s hard if you go into a hot topic and say, “I really prefer (insert whatever) oranges, for instance.” And then you have 20 posters attacking you or neg bombing you with, “Oh so you hate apples then? Well fuck you, you apple hater.” And the person said nothing about hating apples or any other fruit just that they prefer oranges. It’s the nature of social media and boards and forums but it gets tedious and it turns off a ton of people (mostly with good intentions) from wanting to be here or post. I don’t care about the people who have shit intentions and just want to create hate and other things like that. Don’t want them spreading their shit. But there are a lot of good intentioned people who simply stop talking or posting or sharing altogether and that kinda sucks. Jmo. Not attacking anyone. Just was thinking of the two CRs and realizing it’s probably not possible.

Can't be liked enough. I'll all for "it's an online forum what did you expect", but it's been a long time since CR had any actual discussion in any thread. There is so much opportunity to get other viewpoints even if bad, wrong or divergent from you own to at least see where others are coming from. The current group think is just killing it and has expanded into other forums as well.

• Hook 'Em 2