OU Recruiting 2023: Blowing and Going

UDontKnow

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is frustrating. Nelson was very interested in Clemson and was essentially a fastball down the middle and Dabo didn't even take the bat off his shoulder. Playing stupid recruiting games that worked 5 years ago but you're not getting Manning and you just got worked by Riley for your best shot at an elite QB in 23. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

No, no. If you’re going to choose an Oklahoma school for your handle, you cannot then also embrace another. You’ll root for the stars and you’ll like it, goddammit. 

Made me laugh out loud. Well done. Don’t think NAIA football talk would get a lot of traction here. Since we don’t have football, I’m an equal opportunity football fan.

3 minutes ago, ocugolf said:

Made me laugh out loud. Well done. Don’t think NAIA football talk would get a lot of traction here. Since we don’t have football, I’m an equal opportunity football fan.

Your baseball team is roided to the gills. Crew has had their share of success. I believe they’re doing damn yankees at bass. You’ve got plenty of material. 

Five-star quarterback Malachi Nelson commits to Oklahoma over USC, Alabama

By The Athletic Staff    July 18th, 2021

Five-star quarterback Malachi Nelson has committed to Oklahoma, he announced on Sunday.  The No. 5 overall recruit in the Class of 2023, by 247Sports' Composite Rating, was also considering hometown school USC as well as Alabama, Arizona and Arizona State. The Los Alamitos, Calif., prospect is the second-highest ranked quarterback in the 2023 class, behind Arch Manning out of Louisiana, and the top-ranked player in California.

Nelson is the latest big-name quarterback in Lincoln Riley's program after Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, Jalen Hurts, Spencer Rattler and Class of 2021 recruit Caleb Williams.

What this get means for Oklahoma

Jason Kersey, Oklahoma beat writer: Riley continues to establish himself as an elite quarterback recruiter, a fact that got a little lost during the three-year run of transfers — Mayfield, Murray and Hurts — who led OU to the College Football Playoff.

Assuming Nelson signs, he would be the third five-star quarterback signee in five recruiting classes. Things couldn’t be set up more nicely for the Sooners to hand the offense from Rattler to Williams to Nelson over the next few years.

How Nelson compares to other QBs under Riley

Kersey: Nelson still has two seasons of high school ball left to play. He split time as a freshman and played an abbreviated, six-game season as a sophomore due to the pandemic. But his limited performances, as well as his camp showings, indicate a young quarterback with elite arm talent and intelligence.

Although he is certainly athletic, he doesn’t seem to be the kind of prolific runner that Oklahoma had in Murray or Hurts, both of whom eclipsed 1,000 yards rushing during their respective seasons running the OU offense.

What losing Nelson means for USC

Antonio Morales, USC beat writer: It’s another five-star quarterback from Southern California who got away from the Trojans — following in the footsteps of Bryce Young (Alabama) and D.J Uiagalelei (Clemson).

USC is still fine at QB with Kedon Slovis for now, with Jaxson Dart and Miller Moss waiting in the wings and four-star prospect Devin Brown coming in 2022, but its fan base will always wonder “What if?” regarding the likes of Young and Nelson — two quarterbacks USC was in the driver’s seat for who went to out-of-state powers.

Now, USC turns its attention to Nico Iamaleava, a rising four-star QB in the 2023 class.

image.thumb.png.869f8ff877d9356e7b87d015bf8f2d5e.png

Five-star Malachi Nelson’s commitment gives Oklahoma, Lincoln Riley their latest QB win, while USC misses out again

(Photo: Tom Pennington / Getty Images)

• Hook 'Em 1

Guys im very nervous about the 2023 oklahoma class...i dont think we will be able to compete with them over the next 10 years. Unfortunately, unless they lose grinch and riley it may be worse than the last 10 years

They already have malachi nelson and treyaun webb and it looks like they will pull makai lemon, brandon innis, jalen hale, deandre moore, luke hasz as well as good chance with Lebbeus overton whose dad I guess played there? 

We need to do something!

• Fuck You 31
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, kobefan824 said:

Guys im very nervous about the 2023 oklahoma class...i dont think we will be able to compete with them over the next 10 years. Unfortunately, unless they lose grinch and riley it may be worse than the last 10 years

They already have malachi nelson and treyaun webb and it looks like they will pull makai lemon, brandon innis, jalen hale, deandre moore, luke hasz as well as good chance with Lebbeus overton whose dad I guess played there? 

We need to do something!

Sup Carl? 

They aren't landing Overton. That'll be a Bama, Georgia, A&M, etc olf fashioned SEC auction fest 

Regarding the rest, who cares if they land a bunch of skill players on offense? That's what they always do 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/18/2021 at 10:47 PM, RGBIII said:

Has OU ever had a QB that didn’t look like a complete and utter douchebag with an insanely punchable face?

The worst is when they're at the Heisman Trophy ceremony. They all look awful there.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

• blacklab changed the title to OU Recruiting 2023: Blowing and Going