OU Recruiting 2023: Blowing and Going

UDontKnow

2 hours ago, Constant said:

Y’all can make fun of a high school students appearance all you’d like, but the majority of Notre Dame fans are still coping with her actually being real. 

I know OU is a shitty institution, but certainly it's a better education than a high school... right?

36 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Screenshot_20221224-094126_kindlephoto-7255748.png.c1699dfccb8776d193b3ec56a564c43a.png

That guy is terrifying. I don’t mean in a “Ryan Day is here for your children” kind of scary. I mean he’s the guy that shows up to his ex-girlfriend’s Christmas Eve party with an uzi and a smile and just starts strafing the place kind of terrifying. 

42 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I know OU is a shitty institution, but certainly it's a better education than a high school... right?

I can honestly say, I wouldn’t know. I’ve never hired a sooner or had one work alongside me. I’m working under the assumption that you’re wrong, though. 

I can tell you with absolute certainty that LSU does not provide a better than Texas high school-level education. LSU grads are the absolute dumbest and most useless degreed employees I’ve dealt with over the years on average that I’ve ever encountered. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Chopper said:

Anyone find an unbiased take on OUsux's recruit class and how it matches up with their many shortcomings?

My take:

Pluses: QB, developmental OL (but not 2023, a year where OU will have to have 4 new starting OL), RB numbers, Edge, LB, DB

Deficiencies: High pedigree RB (a position where it frequently translates), HUGE deficit in WR numbers (will need to get from portal and so far haven't), interior DL (a position which was filled with JAGs last year and it showed in poor defensive run efficiency)

There was some reporting where 14 of 25 were high school team captains and 13 of 25 are early entry. This is supposed to be taken to mean that the class has high character and will be ready to contribute early. Of course, we'll see.

Edited by quigley
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, quigley said:

My take:

Pluses: QB, developmental OL (but not 2023, a year where OU will have to have 4 new starting OL), RB numbers, Edge, LB, DB

Deficiencies: High pedigree RB (a position where it frequently translates), HUGE deficit in WR numbers (will need to get from portal and so far haven't), interior DL (a position which was filled with JAGs last year and it showed in poor defensive run efficiency)

There was some reporting where 14 of 25 were high school team captains and 13 of 25 are early entry. This is supposed to be taken to mean that the class has high character and will be ready to contribute early. Of course, we'll see.

Counterpoint: They picked OU...

• Haha 2

On 12/24/2022 at 9:23 AM, closetojumping said:

That guy is terrifying. I don’t mean in a “Ryan Day is here for your children” kind of scary. I mean he’s the guy that shows up to his ex-girlfriend’s Christmas Eve party with an uzi and a smile and just starts strafing the place kind of terrifying. 

I can honestly say, I wouldn’t know. I’ve never hired a sooner or had one work alongside me. I’m working under the assumption that you’re wrong, though. 

I can tell you with absolute certainty that LSU does not provide a better than Texas high school-level education. LSU grads are the absolute dumbest and most useless degreed employees I’ve dealt with over the years on average that I’ve ever encountered. 

My ex mother in law was a sooner who had two masters degrees from there. She worked minimum wage jobs and was one of the least business savvy people I have ever met. 

38 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Somehow, I've never seen what Jackson Arnold looks like.  Homie's face was constructed in a lab to play QB for OU.2022 preseason all-area offense: Denton Guyer's Jackson Arnold is our  Player of the Year

With a face like that, I'm honestly quite shocked that Ryan Day didn't sell his soul to get that guy to campus and coach violently molest the shit out of that kid. 

21 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

My ex mother in law was a sooner who had two masters degrees from there. She worked minimum wage jobs and was one of the least business savvy people I have ever met. 

I knew a Sooner comms major. Blond and cute but was already starting to trend toward chunky. Showed up at OU and immediately started dating the fattest oil heir she could find to ensure she'd never have to work a day in her life. I'll at least give her credit for running a solid little cost/benefit analysis.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

I knew a Sooner comms major. Blond and cute but was already starting to trend toward chunky. Showed up at OU and immediately started dating the fattest oil heir she could find to ensure she'd never have to work a day in her life. I'll at least give her credit for running a solid little cost/benefit analysis.

Good for her. My goddaughter is very cute. 23. Dates losers. I’ve been trying to teach her that way but can’t. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Report: Oklahoma OC Jeff Lebby Could Become a Candidate if Alabama Job Opens

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/football/report-oklahoma-oc-jeff-lebby-could-become-candidate-if-alabama-job-opens

This could get interesting... if blOU wants similar offense, they need to get "tape fingers" to hold off on signing with the toads.

1 hour ago, BornAndRaised said:

Report: Oklahoma OC Jeff Lebby Could Become a Candidate if Alabama Job Opens

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/football/report-oklahoma-oc-jeff-lebby-could-become-candidate-if-alabama-job-opens

OU scrambling to find an OC 5-6 weeks before spring ball with a HC that wants nothing to do with that side of the ball would have me extremely gruntled.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Skipper said:

OU scrambling to find an OC 5-6 weeks before spring ball with a HC that wants nothing to do with that side of the ball would have me extremely gruntled.

Ya know. I haven't paid much attention to Sabans post employment interaction with his coordinators. Except for Kiffin. 

But i get the vibe he likes Sark. And going after OUsux OC cements the feeling. 

• 2 weeks later...