OU Recruiting 2023: Blowing and Going

UDontKnow

2 hours ago, kobefan824 said:

Guys im very nervous about the 2023 oklahoma class...i dont think we will be able to compete with them over the next 10 years. Unfortunately, unless they lose grinch and riley it may be worse than the last 10 years

They already have malachi nelson and treyaun webb and it looks like they will pull makai lemon, brandon innis, jalen hale, deandre moore, luke hasz as well as good chance with Lebbeus overton whose dad I guess played there? 

We need to do something!

Quality troll job. Tip of the cap to you 

Guys im very nervous about the 2023 oklahoma class...i dont think we will be able to compete with them over the next 10 years. Unfortunately, unless they lose grinch and riley it may be worse than the last 10 years

They already have malachi nelson and treyaun webb and it looks like they will pull makai lemon, brandon innis, jalen hale, deandre moore, luke hasz as well as good chance with Lebbeus overton whose dad I guess played there? 

We need to do something!

there was that time i fucked your mom on her only fans account  did you see that?

We need to do something!

Hey fella, is there any chance you're fucking with us?  boomer sooooonnnnnnnerr  GTFO

1 hour ago, quigley said:

You don't like it when I point out that OU quarterbacks are good? Is this news to you? Are you offended by facts?

No, that's funny, but I think you know the difference. It's one thing for a Longhorn fan to acknowledge that (or bitch about it) on a Longhorn board. It's an entirely different story when an OU fan comes on a Longhorn board and rubs our face in it. 

That's all I'm pointing out.

Edited by Junior Bonner

4 hours ago, kobefan824 said:

We need to do something!

Which dispensary are you going to? I’m in Oklahoma City and normally go to Cookies, but you have clearly found a better place than myself. Please advise!!!!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Junior Bonner said:

No, that's funny, but I think you know the difference. It's one thing for a Longhorn fan to acknowledge that (or bitch about it) on a Longhorn board. It's an entirely different story when an OU fan comes on a Longhorn board and rubs our face in it. 

That's all I'm pointing out.

snowflake-770x515.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

7 hours ago, quigley said:

You don't like it when I point out that OU quarterbacks are good? Is this news to you? Are you offended by facts?

Umm no…abso-fucking-lutely don’t like that. Lol 

That Sucks The Office GIF

But you’re no Carl and if we had won 6 straight big 12 titles with a couple heisman trophies I’d talk all kinds of shit too lulz. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Junior Bonner said:

And now you’ve resorted to name calling, the surest sign you know you’re wrong.  

It's a description of your behavior, not ad hominem.

If anything, the ad hominem is the initial "punchable face" comment, which I didn't quibble with.

9 hours ago, Scholz said:

Personally I don't mind the douchey blowu QBs at the Heisman ceremony (although Colt deserved it over Sam).  My issue is the perennially sloppy drunk Billy Sims screaming "BOOMER" every 5 seconds.  Unbearable.

Get ready.  

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pdawg88 said:

I think OU’s 2023 class might end up being the best one we have had since 2019. I think we say this every year, but this one is shaping up pretty nice so far. 

I do the same thing.

If you include transfers, 2021 was the best OU class in a decade. Based on the balance of offense and defense, OU's 2022 class may end up better than that one.

4 hours ago, Pdawg88 said:

The number one player in Oklahoma for 2023

More importantly, he continues to restock the TE/HB room. OU loses Willis and Hall this year and Stogner in 2022. It wouldn't surprise me if OU takes another TE/HB in 2023 too.

This is where losing Conyers (ASU) and Henderson (jail?) hurts.

13 hours ago, quigley said:

More importantly, he continues to restock the TE/HB room. OU loses Willis and Hall this year and Stogner in 2022. It wouldn't surprise me if OU takes another TE/HB in 2023 too.

This is where losing Conyers (ASU) and Henderson (jail?) hurts.

I wouldn’t think so. They have 3 tight ends committed right now.

5 minutes ago, Catjuggler said:

This was not the post I was expecting.    

I enjoy OU wins but I’m not gonna run here, of all places, to post em.  Lol

Nice get for sure, though.  Not much of a surprise w the Malachi connection but still a big win. 

12 hours ago, Pdawg88 said:

I wouldn’t think so. They have 3 tight ends committed right now.

OU plays with 2 TE/HB frequently. The 3 TE they have committed (2 in 2022 and 1 in 2023) will likely be the ONLY ones on the roster in 2023. That isn't enough unless you're counting on a walk-on or portal player.

20 hours ago, texifornia said:

Imagine being an OU fan and joking about how much Farrell & Co underrate your commits.

Serious question: Is there tangible evidence of player rankings changing based on commitment? Every fan base I've ever interacted with asserts their commits get screwed and/or their rivals' commits get juiced, but I haven't ever seen any tangible evidence other than a few anecdotes here and there that could be completely innocent.

1 hour ago, Divided Windows said:

Serious question: Is there tangible evidence of player rankings changing based on commitment? Every fan base I've ever interacted with asserts their commits get screwed and/or their rivals' commits get juiced, but I haven't ever seen any tangible evidence other than a few anecdotes here and there that could be completely innocent.

As an OU fan who is a member of a 9.95 board....  I can tell you that they think Ketch and orangebloods moves the needle on Texas commitments rivals rankings.    So yeah.   Everyone things the national guys screw over there team.     

1 hour ago, Divided Windows said:

Someone on our board ( @Huckleberry was it you?) actually did a pretty in-depth look at what happened to rankings after commitments. Might have been at the old site, though.

42 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Someone on our board ( @Huckleberry was it you?) actually did a pretty in-depth look at what happened to rankings after commitments. Might have been at the old site, though.

I only did a Texas versus A&M and Baylor comparison to rebut some Texags and I think Colt Barber comments about 247's rankings. Turns out that those guys were shockingly full of shit. Both schools saw recruits go up, down, etc. And each school had guys who shot way the hell up because the staffs found them before the recruiting services. Did it for the 2019 class. Don't have a link but here were the results:

Texas:

image.png.8d1e9f704179593fc604b9c119009897.png

Texas A&M:

image.png.099ff52d3f07d12c06220f7b904edf1a.png

Baylor:

image.png.6e7f3f55a391bae2000fefc6599261c9.png

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 4

45 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I only did a Texas versus A&M and Baylor comparison to rebut some Texags and I think Colt Barber comments about 247's rankings. Turns out that those guys were shockingly full of shit. Both schools saw recruits go up, down, etc. And each school had guys who shot way the hell up because the staffs found them before the recruiting services. Did it for the 2019 class. Don't have a link but here were the results:

Texas:

image.png.8d1e9f704179593fc604b9c119009897.png

Texas A&M:

image.png.099ff52d3f07d12c06220f7b904edf1a.png

Baylor:

image.png.6e7f3f55a391bae2000fefc6599261c9.png

Very interesting. Thanks for putting that together. My hypothesis is rankings are mostly independent of commitments, with the exception that kids who commit to any of the blue bloods see a net positive effective on average, especially ones who were ranked low to begin with. I think this is mostly the result of these teams having more fanboy writers for the recruiting sites (See: Drumm, Brandon), who then campaign for the kids they've watched the most (i.e., those who their team is recruiting hardest) to be ranked higher. Nothing nefarious, just normal human stuff.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, satyanash said:

USC's implosion means more Cali talent up for grabs... blOU will take full advantage 😞

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

Ironic that right after we hire a Southern California coach, OU starts dominating there.

Unfortunately for them, they'll have to hang onto these guys when a new HC comes onboard at USC and gets the new coach bump

OU sucks pulling multiple blue chips from Cali is a new thing?

USC cratering is a new thing?

This has been going on for the better part of the last decade.

Less Chicken Little reactions for the love of God.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

58 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

OU sucks pulling multiple blue chips from Cali is a new thing?

USC cratering is a new thing?

This has been going on for the better part of the last decade.

Less Chicken Little reactions for the love of God.

Pretty sure OU pulling three of the top five players from Cali in any given year is in fact a new thing. Less fucking retarded takes for the love of god. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

• blacklab changed the title to OU Recruiting 2023: Blowing and Going