2021 ACL Fest - it’s back baby!

MidTexHorn

19 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Yeah, about what I expected.  My friends 13 year old is stoked...should tell you something.  

Any electronica/pop on there for someone who loves bands like ODESZA, Deadmau5, Glass Animals, etc?  

Chris Lake. Though he isn’t a band, but neither is Deadmau5

2 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Chris Lake. Though he isn’t a band, but neither is Deadmau5

Yes I realize that, thank you.  Felt lazy to not separate it out into bands vs guy, and some of my older favs like Passion Pit (touring band only) and Pretty Lights are the same.  But this is Surly so sorry for that selfish and horrific mistake.  

Just now, Homercles said:

Yes I realize that, thank you.  Felt lazy to not separate it out into bands vs guy, and some of my older favs like Passion Pit (touring band only) and Pretty Lights are the same.  But this is Surly so sorry for that selfish and horrific mistake.  

Don’t fucking let it happen again

10 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Middle schoolers post here?

I'm excited to see George and Stevie. I love Phoebe Bridgers and Megan Thee Stallion. It's called having eclectic music tastes and loving live music. I like Billie Eilish too. Why do I want to see Foo Fighters or Pearl Jam yet again if I can see other acts? And I love FF and Pearl Jam btw.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, usmc0331horn said:

I'm excited to see George and Stevie. I love Phoebe Bridgers and Megan Thee Stallion. It's called having eclectic music tastes and loving live music. I like Billie Eilish too. Why do I want to see Foo Fighters or Pearl Jam yet again if I can see other acts? And I love FF and Pearl Jam btw.

props to you.  i wish i could get into some of the modern big time acts.  

the crazy part about this lineup is there is exactly ONE band (Band of Horses) that i have paid to see in the past and i see over 50 shows a year.  it's pretty hard to create a lineup that completely misses my musical tastes.

10 minutes ago, usmc0331horn said:

I'd really like to see PJ again.  never seen george or nicks, neither are a bucket list for me and (not sure what they might be like at this age) so I might try to get a one day pass cheap for those days.

first weekend is going fast.  I think people are so hard up for live music the lineup isn't going to matter at all this year but Tanya Tucker being Weekend one only may be driving it.  she can duet with George.

26 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I'd really like to see PJ again.  never seen george or nicks, neither are a bucket list for me and (not sure what they might be like at this age) so I might try to get a one day pass cheap for those days.

first weekend is going fast.  I think people are so hard up for live music the lineup isn't going to matter at all this year but Tanya Tucker being Weekend one only may be driving it.  she can duet with George.

My gf is really excited about seeing Tanya Tucker.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, usmc0331horn said:

Assuming Megan shows up this time.

16 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Surely they are initially operating on an assumption of reduced capacity?

I don't think you guys understand 1. the draw of George Strait in Texas and 2. the pent up demand for live festivals after a year of COVID bull shit

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MAROON said:

I don't think you guys understand 1. the draw of George Strait in Texas and 2. the pent up demand for live festivals after a year of COVID bull shit

Both of these. I could give two shits about George Strait.  But I'm so hard up for live music and to once again experience playing hooky from work on a Friday afternoon to drink cold beer in Zilker Park while bands are playing all around me.  Even if I have for fork over a lot of money and the bands are meh.

• Like 1

Pent up demand is right. These tickets will be hot... 

I went ahead and bought Week 2 per my wife... looks like I might send her to ACL while I go to Dallas for Texas/OU. I think seeing George will be fun and Stevie Nicks is solid. Heavy on hip hop but I would expect that with as popular as that is now. I actually like DaBaby.

2 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Anybody with an Amex card could buy yesterday. So I’ll bet there were a healthy number of pre sales.

With Amex it limited you to 1 ticket so I held off. Maybe you could have bought 2 separate times but I didn't get that far.

I’ve been going since 05 and they all sorta blend together outside of some highlights where I either ‘discovered’ a new band or went from a passing familiarity into full fan (CHRVCHES, Gnarls Barkley, Pretty Lights, Glass Animals, Alabama Shakes, etc).  

Otherwise it’s more for sitting in Zilker with my favorite people, no kids to worry about, watching football in the tent, music all around me, etc.  Glad I rolled over my ticket from last year because it seems their order system is back to 2007 levels.  

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

I did the Amex pre-sale and was able to get two.  Maybe I don't touch myself as much as you do.

Must be it. Everytime I moved it to 2 and tried to checkout it told me I couldn't. You must have a black card ;)

Weekend 2 is OU weekend. While watching the game in the packed Beer Hall would be fun, I went with weekend 1 since it's 168 hours sooner. 

As always, my goal is to eat, drink, and be merry.

Also, I've heard from a reliable source that George is playing on Friday.

23 minutes ago, Homercles said:

With is y’all access?

All of the perks of Platinum plus special amenities

• Access to all Platinum stage viewing plus exclusive side-stage viewing
  • Private, on-demand golf cart transportation around the Festival grounds
  • Personal concierge
  • One ticket per person to an Official ACL Festival Aftershow of your choice
  • Exclusive commemorative gift
  • Invitation to pre-festival happy hour on the Festival grounds with tour
  • Complete access to all Platinum, VIP, GA+ and GA areas
  • Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Viper said:

All of the perks of Platinum plus special amenities

• Access to all Platinum stage viewing plus exclusive side-stage viewing
  • Private, on-demand golf cart transportation around the Festival grounds
  • Personal concierge
  • One ticket per person to an Official ACL Festival Aftershow of your choice
  • Exclusive commemorative gift
  • Invitation to pre-festival happy hour on the Festival grounds with tour
  • Complete access to all Platinum, VIP, GA+ and GA areas

So like $8k or something for a concierge, special up close side stage and a gilded dildo commemorative gift?  Yeah no thanks.  

8 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I wonder if sales were more limited today because they had a bunch of folks who purchased for 2020 and they carried over to 2021.

Yeah I’m sure that impacted availability. I would like to know how many people rolled their tickets over to this year