2021 Texas Rangers

CowtownHorn

At least those teams had soul. ARod, Carl Everett, future HOF 3rd baseman Hank Blalock, a track record of developing successful MLB position players, a stadium where the fans behind home plate actually faced the goddamn field. Glory days compared to now

• Like 1

As much as you can feel bad for a guy in the general life position, I feel for Nadel and chuck morgan having to spend their final years on the mic calling this epic shit show. No idea how much time they have left but there’s no way it’s fun, and nadel damn well has interests outside of the game.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bluto said:

As much as you can feel bad for a guy in the general life position, I feel for Nadel and chuck morgan having to spend their final years on the mic calling this epic shit show. No idea how much time they have left but there’s no way it’s fun, and nadel damn well has interests outside of the game.

Chuck Morgan has been all over the radio shows defending/selling the premise of the Rangers selling out opening day and allowing 40k people to cough all over each other. He's an EVP, has worked for the Rangers ballclub for almost 40 years, and knows who butters his bread and 401k and pension. Don't feel bad for him.

I feel worse for Jared Sandler because he's going to have to find some way to try and talk intelligently about this horrible team with a straight face.

Chuck Morgan has been all over the radio shows defending/selling the premise of the Rangers selling out opening day and allowing 40k people to cough all over each other. He's an EVP, has worked for the Rangers ballclub for almost 40 years, and knows who butters his bread and 401k and pension. Don't feel bad for him.
I feel worse for Jared Sandler because he's going to have to find some way to try and talk intelligently about this horrible team with a straight face.

Fuck. Off.

1 hour ago, Herbie Hancock said:

You bringing your vaccine bullshit to the baseball thread. Go be a fucking cunt somewhere else

Oh, okay, look--I wasn't passing judgment one way or another. I was just saying the interviews I heard from him he was obviously being a company man and selling the idea to folks and doing P.R.

Sorry about the mix up Sunday with Philadelphia A’s stat. I was high and pulled it out of an article from last year and it just said 1930 Philadelphia. I assumed it was the A’s as I had forgotten the Phillies were also there. I hope nobody lost any bar bets.

Now back to our journey to rewrite history...

Just now, conVINCEd said:

I just received a notification from ESPN that we are trading Rougie to the Yankees.  I thought we cut him.  Was I mistaken?

He was designated for assignment, which I believe gave them something like a week to do something before he is released.  Rangers are eating almost all of the remaining money.

2 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

why did the yankees trade for him?  was there really a waiver market for him?  seems like they could've waited til he cleared waivers and became a FA.  

If he is a FA then he can choose between offers and they would also have to pay him above the minimum.  The also get two years out of him.  

Went to the game yesterday ... new ballpark gets a C. Overall, it lacks the character of the Temple and really does not have any interesting features. It's very bland besides being an obvious copy of Enron (sue me). The biggest problem that will be a shit show is the 200 and 300 levels share a single concourse - lines were terribly long for concessions and the john. Baylor's McLane stadium has the same design and similar terrible lines. I do not think they fully thought that through ... no one is going to want to stand in line for an hour for a $10 hot dog. Maybe I'm just grumpy because of whatever that is on the field, but I think it will be a disaster whenever there are big crowds.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

He’ll probably wind up being decent for them. And we still have to watch Solak everyday. 

He's going to have a bitch of a time finding a place to keep his horses. Those blue bloods frown as messicans in the Polo Club unless they're scooping poop and combing ponies.

Edited by Kyle