2021 Texas Rangers

CowtownHorn

Listened to this pod today.  Fuck it I'm excited.  I don't know why. I just want to be in a better position in October than in April.

They were asked who will be the MVP this year and Newberg said it better be Kipp Fagg.  He can't fuck this up, then I got sad

9 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Tepid, Sean Bass and Scott Lucas had a Rangers pod last night.  I assume the RodPod is done.  This one is called Diamond Talk.  I can't find it anywhere. Has anyone listened to it?

Found this, it's on The Ticket's app.  Supposed to come out every Wednesday.

It's a good pod. Good listen.  Sean Bass does a good job of keeping it moving

2 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I still think he will be, but there’s always the chance he did something stupid to piss Woodward off. 

I'm fine with just cutting him.  Let someone else manage it until Jung is healthy.  

I wouldn't hate picking 1.2 or better next year.

18 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I have a real bad feeling most of Ranger fandom is severely overrating Jung. After his broken foot heals, just let him collect a shit-ton of milb ABs. 

Hyped and brittle, already fits the perfect Rangers hopeful can't-miss prospect profile.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Is there a right and a wrong choice between rocker and leiter?

I think Leiter but I'm not sure. 

According to Tepid, Rockers fastball was only low 90s last start without much command. That could be just an off day or it portend some bad news.

Fingers crossed

Rougie is one of those guys that you think he probably isn't as bad as he gets a rap for and then you look up his stats and see that he led the MLB in strikeouts two seasons ago while struggling to stay above .200 and then posted a negative WAR last season in just 40 games played. 

Maybe he just blends in to the roster for me as he wasn't the only horrible starter we had last year (to expound on this - if you want to read something depressing - Rougie actually had the highest SLG% of the 9 hitters with the most ABs for us last season)

Edited by ztejas