Bitcoin and other crypto-The CR thread

GRHorn

1 hour ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

All markets tanking. Recession likely. Any guess what happens then?

Stagflation? Like we've been calling since trump's fed started dumping trillions of free dollars into the corporate bond markets during early 2020.

44 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Is 21 billion a lot?  It seems like a lot.

Million 

42 minutes ago, Goredho said:

So for those bullish on and deep into crypto, would it be correct that you are buying as much as you can now that its on sale?

Yes. I DCA into it. Added a little extra yesterday.

I can only speak for bitcoin side really but I can say that the bitcoiners I know in real life and online are not sellers. That is as important as the buying. Hodlers have held through worse drawdowns and it comes back. They set the floor on the price. 

These times are honestly kind of fun because the resilience is proven again and new crop of bitcoiners are minted each time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Goredho said:

So for those bullish on and deep into crypto, would it be correct that you are buying as much as you can now that its on sale?

Hey, if you liked it at 32,000 you gotta LOVE it at 20,000!!

(I'm still trying to figure out what "it" is).

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Let’s have a wager. If it hits 20k I’ll never post here again. If it makes a new all time high you disappear. Deal? Or do you want to bet money?

I don't care.  I just think it's stupid.  

You care, but I don't know why, except for some long range pump and dump scheme.  

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/9/2022 at 5:07 PM, wildcat09 said:

Since IV refused to answer my question, I'll do it myself:

What I want to see is the value of the high profile athletes and celebrities we heard about taking bitcoin payment for their contracts and salary. Oof.

That said, I'm not bearish on crytpo or even NFT's and web3, I do think that the fall is because of the broader tech sell-off and looming recession. 

Watched this a few days ago, it was entertaining in a fyre fest kind of way.  Everyone interviewed who bought into Crypto via Quadriga loved the idea of skirting any central governance authority — until they realized they paid a bunch of real money to buy crypto that was never never really transferred to them.  Then they ran to the Canadian equivalent of the FBI saying, “WHY DONT YOU DO SOMETHING?!”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Let’s have a wager. If it hits 20k I’ll never post here again. If it makes a new all time high you disappear. Deal? Or do you want to bet money?

Isn't this like your 4th user name on this site? While the prospect of you not spewing your dipshittery on this board is intriguing, we all know you'd have a new handle in 24 hrs. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I don't care.  I just think it's stupid.  

You care, but I don't know why, except for some long range pump and dump scheme.  

You care enough to spew your ignorance here on a really basis. Today is just the latest example. 

25 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Watched this a few days ago, it was entertaining in a fyre fest kind of way.  Everyone interviewed who bought into Crypto via Quadriga loved the idea of skirting any central governance authority — until they realized they paid a bunch of real money to buy crypto that was never never really transferred to them.  Then they ran to the Canadian equivalent of the FBI saying, “WHY DONT YOU DO SOMETHING?!”

Really crazy story. Plenty of people believe he’s still alive. Would be quite the exit scam.

Underscores the importance of taking possession of your private keys. Not your keys not your coins.

19 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Isn't this like your 4th user name on this site? While the prospect of you not spewing your dipshittery on this board is intriguing, we all know you'd have a new handle in 24 hrs. 

I’ve never denied it was me when I’ve come back and my interests are distinct here. It’d be pretty clear I’m gone. 

17 minutes ago, Blotto said:

This seems like some bullshit, although it makes sense as its not like the FDIC ensures any digital exchanges. Will probably be what finally gets my lazy ass to get a cold wallet

Yep. With coins on exchanges, you’re an uninsured, unsecured creditor. 

I also have no doubt big exchanges are doing fractional reserves with their customers’ coins.  

2 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

You care enough to spew your ignorance here on a really basis. Today is just the latest example. 

Wow, I'll bet that's devastating comeback in the break room at Circuit City.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 1

I was just reading about a stablecoin that just crashed. Lol at these grifters. It’s stable, it’s pegged to the dollar! (But the reserves are all crypto)

Stablecoins are supposed to maintain a peg to a given currency, most commonly the U.S. dollar, but since the “reserves” for these stablecoins are almost always things that are not U.S. dollars, the stability is an illusion.

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

I was just reading about a stablecoin that just crashed. Lol at these grifters. It’s stable, it’s pegged to the dollar! (But the reserves are all crypto)

It’s actually pretty sad. A post about suicide prevention is pinned to the top of the Terra Reddit page. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Wow sure sounds like a useful store of value that is magically durable against market forces and maladministration because it's decentralized. It's crazy that there's so much currency wrapped up in what is nothing more than digital trading cards that have zero real-world utility or function 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

It’s actually pretty sad. A post about suicide prevention is pinned to the top of the Terra Reddit page. 

Total scam. Very sad. 
36 days ago Luna was at ATH $119. Now $0.85. 

The UST at $0.33. 

Also lol at this deleted tweet from one of its pumpers 

4 hours ago, Goredho said:

Hope none of you use QuadrigaCX, I mean Coinbase for crypto transactions.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coinbase-warning-users-could-lose-crypto-bankruptcy-earnings-2022-5

6847100E-2441-499C-B15D-ECCA608B1D5C.jpeg

The fucking irony that Coinbase can't guarantee that they'll always have the BTC they owe you, but they will have all the USD they owe you. 

What a fucking INCREDIBLE, TRANSFORMATIVE, EVOLUTIONARY(!!!!!) store of value that is cheaper, easier, and more secure than existing mechanisms!

Spoiler

Bored The Office GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, Goredho said:

Hope none of you use QuadrigaCX, I mean Coinbase for crypto transactions.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coinbase-warning-users-could-lose-crypto-bankruptcy-earnings-2022-5

6847100E-2441-499C-B15D-ECCA608B1D5C.jpeg

Oh great.  Glad I only threw in $100 on a lark to see what would happen.  I'm at 1100% gain as of now.  If it dies, it dies.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/29/2022 at 8:05 PM, Immaculate Vibes said:

Lightning 

???

It sounds to me like they could benefit from an open monetary network, not controlled and manipulated by their former colonial masters. It’s opt in, so we’ll see if they feels it benefits them.

What will be interesting to see are the potential dominos to follow. If their partners in this monetary union see them not getting even more rekt than they were previously, I see others following. The whole union has about 150M people. 

Then you have the Panama move. It seems pretty clear that this movement will initially be focused in Central America and Africa. 

Central America BTC pioneers are now throwing off their colonial masters by defaulting.

https://english.elpais.com/economy-and-business/2022-05-10/el-salvador-expected-to-default-as-bitcoin-plummets.html

Their crytpobro president doubled down and bought more. And released plans for “BitCoin City” which is among other things a utopia powered by a volcano.

This shit is beyond parody and would be hilarious if the half of El Salvador that’s still there wasn’t going to be more impoverished and forced to flee to El Norte to….work for dollars. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/11/2022 at 8:14 AM, Captainant said:

Wow sure sounds like a useful store of value that is magically durable against market forces and maladministration because it's decentralized. It's crazy that there's so much currency wrapped up in what is nothing more than digital trading cards that have zero real-world utility or function 

I know right, it makes zero sense. That's why I parked my money in Ape NFTs.

See, the value of Bored Apes is typically determined by the Ape's attributes, with the laser eyes, crown, and golden fur traits being the most coveted. Here are a list of its attributes and how many others have the same trait:

Eyes: X Eyes (243)
Background: Blue (1,242)
Mouth: Bored Unshaven (1,551)
Fur: Golden Brown (778)
Hat: King'S Crown (77)

Bored Apes are the ultimate store of culture for NFT collectors. The NFT collection has gained huge influence in 2021, with an ever growing list of top tier celebrities making apes their profile pictures on Twitter. With the recent explosion in popularity surrounding the Metaverse, rare blockchain-based avatars are all the rage for those looking to flex online.

This shit literally cannot go down. What's that??? the creator Yuga Labs then released another NFT collection of 20000 Mutant Apes? 

Holders of Bored Ape tokens were airdropped one of three serums: M1, M2, or Mega Mutant (M3). If a Bored Ape is injected with an M1 or M2 serum, the resulting Mutant Ape retains traits of the original ape. The M3 serum creates a completely different ape, with potentially rarer—and therefore more valuable—traits.

The airdrop was a great deal for Bored Ape holders, since they could keep their original NFT while minting a valuable extra token.

Ima be Elon Bezos rich in a couple of  years  months. Believe it!

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

I know right, it makes zero sense. That's why I parked my money in Ape NFTs.

This shit literally cannot go down. What's that??? the creator Yuga Labs then released another NFT collection of 20000 Mutant Apes? 

I have a feeling guys who like the Bored Ape also like bottle service at the club.

Bitcoin Tumbles In Wild Week For Cryptocurrency

One of the crypto industry’s highest-profile companies lost a third of its market value -- and that's just for starters.

Remind me why this is so great, again?

On 5/12/2022 at 3:55 PM, 956 Worldwide said:

Central America BTC pioneers are now throwing off their colonial masters by defaulting.

https://english.elpais.com/economy-and-business/2022-05-10/el-salvador-expected-to-default-as-bitcoin-plummets.html

Their crytpobro president doubled down and bought more. And released plans for “BitCoin City” which is among other things a utopia powered by a volcano.

This shit is beyond parody and would be hilarious if the half of El Salvador that’s still there wasn’t going to be more impoverished and forced to flee to El Norte to….work for dollars. 

Since they decided to adopt bitcoin, the IMF decided they won’t get their next bailout loan package. Looks like the IMF will be taking a very active role in deterring bitcoin adoption. Remember they put anti bitcoin conditions into their latest loan to Argentina. The debt ponzi must go on. 

24 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

They’re in it for the technology, I mean “art”. I’ll admit I’m not smart enough to get NFTs.