Bitcoin and other crypto-The CR thread

GRHorn

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Gotcha. Hadn't seen an update since the plane was being tracked to South America.

I imagine there are a lot of people that would like to see SBF dead-as-disco after this shit.

I would think his days are numbered. 

What will be interesting is it’s my understanding that names assigned to all accounts will be public knowledge as part of bankruptcy proceedings. Money launderers outed I’d think. 

• Fuck You 1

25 minutes ago, Humble Beast said:

What will be interesting is it’s my understanding that names assigned to all accounts will be public knowledge as part of bankruptcy proceedings. Money launderers outed I’d think. 

I'm still skeptical that we get to see the whole picture but fingers crossed

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

21 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Obviously SBF was running a giant pyramid scheme. He was funneling money without permission, payment, or recordation from FTX to Alameda to "invest" aka gamble on other digital beanie babies. 

My question, which most people can't seem to answer, is what is the commercial utility of Bitcoin? Even Deloitte is have troubling making a good argument here

https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/audit/articles/corporates-using-crypto.html

Most of the Deloitte article is made up bullshit. Crypo is great because young people like it!

Sir, you clearly overlooked this brilliant point:

• Crypto furnishes certain options that are simply not available with fiat currency. For example, programmable money can enable real-time and accurate revenue-sharing while enhancing transparency to facilitate back-office reconciliation.

Certain options, programmable money, real-time, transparency, facilitated back-office reconciliation; These are not some fluffy buzz words! No! The very foundation of trade rests on transparent back-office reconciliation done in real time. 

• Haha 3

Ahhh yes it all goes back to the Clinton’s, you couldn’t write a better script for a villain…

Is there a world event that the Clintons weren’t part of? 
-JFK assassination?

-Waco Suicide?

-world tower collapse? 

-BLM?

-School shootings?

man they sure are good at what they do

Edited by Gengs1
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Mfw zerohedge has formally accused of being a Russian disinformation source by the US government 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-02-15/us-accuses-financial-website-of-spreading-russian-propaganda

Keep on reading your """fair and biased""" sources lmfao

It was clear that zerohedge wasn't operating in good faith at least 15 years ago, but plenty of shaggy/surly "icons" were fully bought in.

Further evidence that certain political bents are fully convinced their ilk are a whole lot smarter than they really are.  And so it goes.

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

Mfw zerohedge has formally accused of being a Russian disinformation source by the US government 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-02-15/us-accuses-financial-website-of-spreading-russian-propaganda

Keep on reading your """fair and biased""" sources lmfao

40 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It was clear that zerohedge wasn't operating in good faith at least 15 years ago, but plenty of shaggy/surly "icons" were fully bought in.

Further evidence that certain political bents are fully convinced their ilk are a whole lot smarter than they really are.  And so it goes.

I understand the reticence around Zerohedge posts. I don’t share any of their longer form commentary. These are bankruptcy filings. No editorializing needed. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2022/11/20/ftx-crypto-bankruptcy-creditors/

From WaPo if it makes you feel better. 

“Its top 50 creditors are owed a total of $3.1 billion, the filing showed, with the largest due $226 million.

The names of the creditors were redacted.”

So what the ZH post said. 

We have a shit ton of lawyers here. Any involved with bankruptcy/restructuring? How common is it to redact the names of creditors?

3 hours ago, Gengs1 said:

Ahhh yes it all goes back to the Clinton’s, you couldn’t write a better script for a villain…

Is there a world event that the Clintons weren’t part of? 
-JFK assassination?

-Waco Suicide?

-world tower collapse? 

-BLM?

-School shootings?

man they sure are good at what they do

Extinction of the dinosaurs. 

• Haha 1

I heard that Marge is going to use her newfound power to stymie the debt reconciliation so the Treasury defaults on its debt.  Then the Fake Electronic Money crowd will swoop in and transfer everyone's savings to Putin.  Or something like that.  I might be missing some details.

Seemed like it was a valid threat (at least the Fake Electronic Money transfer part) but it doesn't look that will even last long enough.  Mr. Beast has it all worked out I'm sure.

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

While most of us knew it was pushing Russian propaganda for many years (literally pushing it - plenty of instances where their stories aligned with RT, etc., if not directly copied with a few words changed), the icing on the cake was when the Qanon idiots were pumping it as their "legitimate" "news sources".

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

The reds are everywhere. 

Online, yes. That's what happens when a nation state devotes its budget to creating chaos. It isn't even a secret anymore. They openly admit to doing it. No idea why you continue to deny it. None of this changes the fact that FTX has fuck all to do with the Clintons.

Also, redacted filings aren't unusual at all. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I love how Ana sees us all delighting in the downfall of SBF, FTX, and crypto more generally and his only thought is “hmmmmmm they’re not critical enough of his attempts to buy political influence!”

No, his thought is, "I can't believe they're not more critical of people whose influence he tried to buy." We don't buy into the whole FTX is really just another front for the Clinton campaign of evil, therefore we aren't taking a critical look at bad dem behavior.

On 11/20/2022 at 2:51 AM, Humble Beast said:

It’s suspect. 

This is so, so, so gotdamn stupid. Took one minute of googling to find, for instance, that Enron was the biggest donor to GWB for 8 years running.

All these con artists— the big ones and the little local ones— are generous with their stolen funds and seek to make connections. It’s the point of the fucking con. 

• Hook 'Em 5

9 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

Online, yes. That's what happens when a nation state devotes its budget to creating chaos. It isn't even a secret anymore. They openly admit to doing it. No idea why you continue to deny it. None of this changes the fact that FTX has fuck all to do with the Clintons.

Also, redacted filings aren't unusual at all. 

9 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

No, his thought is, "I can't believe they're not more critical of people whose influence he tried to buy." We don't buy into the whole FTX is really just another front for the Clinton campaign of evil, therefore we aren't taking a critical look at bad dem behavior.

I scrolled up and checked. You’re the only person that keeps bringing up the Clinton’s. Stop. 

Are you an attorney? I’m surprised that creditors names would commonly be redacted in these filings. Why is that common?

As I have repeatedly pointed out, FTX was an equal opportunity donor. Donations = Access. While SBF focused on Dems, he also donated to Repubs - including:

• $105,000 to Alabama Conservative Fund
  • $45,000 to the NRCC
  • max donations to Repubs Boozman, Collins, Burr, Cassidy, Hoevan, and Murkowski.

Source: Fox Business News, 11/18/2022, FTC founder Sam Bankman-Fried was also prolific donor to Republicans: ‘I have a duty’

FTX co-CEO Ryan Salame was the FTX Repub donations bag man.  He gave $23.6 million to Repubs at the same pace as the Repubs two biggest donors - Peter Thiel and Steve Schwarzman (Blackstone). He gave $2 million to the Republican Congressional Leadership Fund, and $114,000 to the NRCC.

Source: The Coin Republic, 11/14/2022, FTX Co-CEO Ryan Salame is Continuing and  Lawyering-up

This is how politics works in this country. Payoffs for access. Our national malady is greed. It’s a scam that will not change unless laws (and the Constitution) are amended to prohibit donations for access to politicians.

It is legalized bribery sanctioned by the Supreme Court under the guise that “fictional legal entities, such as corporations, are persons with the right to free speech in the form of donations.” The chances of that happening are zero. 

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, Humble Beast said:

I scrolled up and checked. You’re the only person that keeps bringing up the Clinton’s. Stop. 

I assume you mean other than yourself as the originator? 

Are you an attorney? I’m surprised that creditors names would commonly be redacted in these filings. Why is that common?

Yes. I wouldn't say creditors names are commonly redacted, but it does happen, particularly when the creditors involved are individuals as opposed to business entities. You have to remember, the purpose of creating a list of creditors is so that they can be notified of the bankruptcy and submit claims.  It isn't to alert the public of the names of the creditors and investors in a bankrupt entity. There is actually a motion on file regarding the need for redaction (https://cases.ra.kroll.com/FTX/Home-DownloadPDF?id1=MjMxNDQ0Ng==&id2=-1). I think redaction here is warranted.  

16. Section 107(c) of the Bankruptcy Code provides that the Court: for cause, may protect an individual, with respect to the following types of information to the extent the court finds that disclosure of such information would create undue risk of identity theft or other unlawful injury to the individual or the individual’s property: (A) Any means of identification . . . contained in a paper filed, or to be filed, in a case under [the Bankruptcy Code]. (B) Other information contained in a paper described in subparagraph (A). 11 U.S.C. §§ 107(c)(1).

17.  Several courts in this and other districts have recently expounded on the importance of authorizing debtors to redact individual creditors’ personally identifiable information. In In re Forever 21, Inc., in overruling an objection of the U.S. Trustee to the same redaction relief proposed here, Judge Gross noted that “[w]e live in a new age in which the theft of personal identification is a real risk, as is injury to persons who, for personal reasons, seek to have their addresses withheld.” In re Forever 21, Inc., No. 19-12122 (KG) (Dec. 20, 2019), D.I. 605 (Dec. 19, 2019 Hr’g Tr. at 60:22–25). Similarly, in In re Windstream Holdings, Inc., Judge Drain noted that the consequences of releasing private information could be “very serious,” and “[o]nce [private information is] out there, it’s out there.” In re Windstream Holdings, Inc., No. 19-22312 (RDD) (Bankr. S.D.N.Y. Mar. 25, 2019), D.I. 173 (Feb. 26, 2019 Hr’g Tr. at 88:6–12, 89:5–8).

18. The risk related to disclosure is not merely speculative. In at least one recent chapter 11 case, the abusive former partner of a debtor’s employee used the publicly accessible creditor and employee information filed in the chapter 11 case to track the employee at her new address, which had not been publicly available until then, forcing the employee to change addresses again. See In re Charming Charlie Holdings, Inc., No. 19-11534 (CSS) (Jul. 11, 2019), D.I. 4 (describing incident which occurred during Charming Charlie’s 2017 bankruptcy cases). Other courts have since expressed serious privacy and safety concerns and recognized that the threat to the individuals involved is real. See In re Forever 21, Inc., No. 19- 12122 (KG) (Dec. 20, 2019), D.I. 605 (Dec. 19, 2019 Hr’g Tr. at 61:1–8) (“In addition, the Court’s concern with the disclosure of addresses is not speculative. The Court, for example, recently had a situation in which a former spouse in an abuse situation was able to locate his former spouse through the creditors’ matrix. The Court has serious concerns with requiring disclosure of home addresses of employees and the violation of privacy and safety concerns. The threat to the employees is real.”).

19. In this case, the risk of identity theft or injury to innocent individual creditors—customers and employees—of the Debtors outweighs the presumption in favor of public access to judicial records and papers, or concerns of judicial efficiency. See In re Continental Airlines, 150 B.R. 334, 340–41 (D. Del. 1993). The amount of public and media attention on these cases is enormous. There is minimal, if any, benefit to the public disclosure of individual creditors’ personal information or e-mail addresses in these Chapter 11 Cases.

20. Additionally, the European General Data Protection Regulation (the “EU GDPR”) and the United Kingdom Data Protection Act of 2018 (the “UK GDPR” and, together with the EU GDPR, the “GDPR”), which apply to all European Union member countries and the United Kingdom, and protect all European Union member countries’ and the United Kingdoms’ citizens, impose significant constraints on the disclosure of “personally identifiable information” (which includes the home addresses of individuals). Violators of the GDPR risk severe penalties.4 The GDPR may apply to the Debtors as certain of the Debtors’ creditors, interest holders, employees and/or contract workers may be individuals located in the United Kingdom or the European Union member countries.

21. In light of this concern for privacy and GDPR compliance, courts in this district have routinely granted relief similar to the relief requested herein. See, e.g., In re Mallinckrodt Plc, Case No. 20-12522 (JTD) (Oct. 14, 2020), D.I. 221 (authorizing redaction of the home addresses of individuals and the names and address information of individuals protected by the GDPR); In re Clover Technologies Group, LLC, No. 19-12680 (KBO) (Feb. 4, 2020), D.I. 155 (same); Anna Holdings, Inc., No. 19-12551 (CSS) (Dec. 3, 2019), D.I. 109 (authorizing redaction of the personally identifiable information of individual creditors and interest holders); In re Charming Charlie Holdings Inc., Case No. 19-11534 (CSS) (Jul. 12, 2019), D.I. 74 (authorizing redaction of personal information of employees).

22. Additionally, the Debtors will instruct the Claims and Noticing Agent to serve the individuals at their personal addresses or e-mail addresses, as applicable, ensuring that each individual creditor will receive the same notices in these Chapter 11 Cases as all other creditors without the potentially harmful disclosure of these details. The Debtors will also make the unredacted version of any applicable filings redacted pursuant to the proposed Orders available to the Court, the U.S. Trustee and counsel to any official committee appointed in these Chapter 11 Cases and, upon Court order, to any other party.

23. Accordingly, the Debtors respectfully submit that cause exists to authorize the Debtors to redact from any filing with the Court or made publicly available in these Chapter 11 Cases, (a) the address and e-mail addresses of any individual creditors or equity holders and (b) the name, address and e-mail address of any individual creditors or equity holders protected by the GDPR.

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I assume you mean other than yourself as the originator? 

Oh it was in the tweet I shared. I’ve said the whole time this would be a both sides issue if politicians are involved. 

21 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Yes. I wouldn't say creditors names are commonly redacted, but it does happen, particularly when the creditors involved are individuals as opposed to business entities. You have to remember, the purpose of creating a list of creditors is so that they can be notified of the bankruptcy and submit claims.  It isn't to alert the public of the names of the creditors and investors in a bankrupt entity. There is actually a motion on file regarding the need for redaction (https://cases.ra.kroll.com/FTX/Home-DownloadPDF?id1=MjMxNDQ0Ng==&id2=-1). I think redaction here is warranted.  

Thanks for clarifying. 

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

I love how Ana sees us all delighting in the downfall of SBF, FTX, and crypto more generally and his only thought is “hmmmmmm they’re not critical enough of his attempts to buy political influence!”

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

Interesting. 

12 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

None of this changes the fact that FTX has fuck all to do with the Clintons.

Like I said, weird knee jerk deflections kick in. Of course they are on the take.  So was Tony fucking Blair, Tom Brady, Gisele and Shaq. Why do you insist on telling your eyes that they are lying to you. Weird fanboi shit bro, but have fun. 

Inside Bahamas crypto festival where FTX CEO Bankman-Fried welcomed Bill  Clinton and Katy Perry | Daily Mail Online