Bitcoin and other crypto-The CR thread

GRHorn

15 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

This is hysterical:

The price of a Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711A, which sells for about $35,000 at retail, surged to $240,000 in the first quarter, according to Chrono24. Now the blue-dialed steel sports watch is fetching about $190,000.

So crypto bros get a little scratch and the first thing they do is go full Flavor Flav?  Financial geniuses, obviously.

flavor-flav-arriving-at-american-music-a

Edited by Goredho

40 minutes ago, Goredho said:

This is hysterical:

So crypto bros get a little scratch and the first thing they do is go full Flavor Flav?  Financial geniuses, obviously.

flavor-flav-arriving-at-american-music-a

Well, these guys are clearly the most brilliant, world-changing investors the planet has ever seen, and only rubes would question their utter and perfect, unassailable brilliance.  Duh.

CRYPTO!

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Stumbled across this guy the other night on Twitter.  Reminds me of IV/GRUHorn.

image.png.608388f8e31a828e52bcef1db337e7c4.png

I've heard if the Reps have the chance the first thing they will do is refuse to pass any debt ceiling bills so our economy is affected negatively.  On purpose, with the sole intent of damaging the dollar to drive people toward bitcoin.

Edited by Bullneck

Placing this here just because the exchange that went belly up and was bought out was run by the second biggest donor to Dems this cycle. Sam Bankman-Fried. 

Also, opens up more attacks by the government on “crypto” given that power is consolidating with this exchange run by a Chinese guy. 

• Fuck You 1

Uh, this is huge news. Sam Bankman Fried, the pied piper of crypto probably stole more real dollars than Madoff (many of bernie’s dollars were fake paper gains). Estimated to be $10-15bn. 

FTX is intermingled with: all of Silicon Valley VC money, politicians, pro sports, media, pretty much any podcast you listen to right now etc….

11 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Uh, this is huge news. Sam Bankman Fried, the pied piper of crypto probably stole more real dollars than Madoff (many of bernie’s dollars were fake paper gains). Estimated to be $10-15bn. 

FTX is intermingled with: all of Silicon Valley VC money, politicians, pro sports, media, pretty much any podcast you listen to right now etc….

Wow what a shocker. Who would think the guy that had Bill Clinton and Tony Blair as speakers at his conference would be doing wildly illegal shit?

EB881-CE1-562-E-42-F3-B1-D6-B96-A319-C5-

A bitcoin conference would never have those criminals as speakers. Embarrassing. 

6 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

A Crypto company ran a pump and dump scheme? NO WAY

Crypto is rife with the worst degenerates and scammers. I hope they all burn down.

Show me a bitcoin only exchange or business involved in these practices? You can’t. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

40 minutes ago, Humble Beast said:

Show me a bitcoin only exchange or business involved in these practices? You can’t. 

LOL there aren't any bitcoin only exchanges, or at least there haven't been since like 2011. Give me a fucking break dude. Take the L, admit that your cryptogrift is what it is.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

This, while Elon is destroying his reputation along with Twitter, combined with Alex Jones just getting hit for another $473 million in punitive damages in his CT case, makes today the funniest day that has ever existed. The schadenfreude might kill me. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

This, while Elon is destroying his reputation along with Twitter, combined with Alex Jones just getting hit for another $473 million in punitive damages in his CT case, makes today the funniest day that has ever existed. The schadenfreude might kill me. 

been quite a week

Ok so inflation is up, the broader market is down 20+% this year, and the DT/6th Street Journal crowd have been crowing about both as a reflection of our current admin.  Let’s checkin with bitcoin to see how well it hedged against these ‘headwinds’

5A550862-DF47-4F40-894C-979B64596342.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Homercles said:

Ok so inflation is up, the broader market is down 20+% this year, and the DT/6th Street Journal crowd have been crowing about both as a reflection of our current admin.  Let’s checkin with bitcoin to see how well it hedged against these ‘headwinds’

5A550862-DF47-4F40-894C-979B64596342.jpeg

Rough year. Zoom out on the chart. Economic and geopolitical tailwinds still in place long term. 

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

@Humble Beast how's that working out?

Still bullish on the Russian energy market?

The ruble has stayed strong. 

Re energy: I’m bullish on any energy market. We will need a substantial amount of oil, gas and coal for the foreseeable future and western governments are doing their best to stifle future investment in exploration. Prices will remain elevated. 

48 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Wait a minute ... are you telling me that an asset that exists only electronically and that is backed by literally nothing tangible is a ripe opportunity for fraudsters?  I'm shocked! SHOCKED I SAY!

Now do the USD. 

4 minutes ago, Humble Beast said:

The ruble has stayed strong. 

It's a manipulation. Caveat emptor 

4 minutes ago, Humble Beast said:

I’m bullish on any energy market.

The Indians and Chinese are buying at a reduced price. Europe is closed to him. He can't feed, house, get meds, training or anything else that a war requires.

He's bleeding cash and can't get enough. 

RT don't fly here. What Air Defense doing?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Just checked my wallet.  Found dollars there. Apparently they exist in some form other than electronically.

For now. Look up CBDC. 

44 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

It's a manipulation. Caveat emptor 

Name me a market that isn’t manipulated. The price is the price. 

44 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

The Indians and Chinese are buying at a reduced price. Europe is closed to him. He can't feed, house, get meds, training or anything else that a war requires.

He's bleeding cash and can't get enough. 

RT don't fly here. What Air Defense doing?

RT? What the fuck are you talking about?

Whatever military deficiencies they have are unrelated to oil and gas sales this year. 

5 hours ago, Humble Beast said:

He’s on the run. 

So this guy with his baby-robot voice probably not knowing a word of Spanish, is going to blend in Argentina. Where the monthly wage is about like Mexico. And he's wanted by the Zillionaires he ripped off as well as all the small fry, SOME of whom may very well BE in Argentina scraping by on Mexico wages when one day, at the bus stop, they hear a baby-robot voice buzzing out OK Spanish, like, nothing like Buenos Aires Spanish, mind you, but passable Duolingo Spanish.

And they're standing there with their shopping bag of onions, duct tape, and a sock full of demonetized coins that you need for the bus, and the wheels start turning. Cousin's got an empty store with a backroom. How much would a Zillionaire pay for this baby-robot-voice guy?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Humble Beast said:

For now. Look up CBDC. 

Name me a market that isn’t manipulated. The price is the price. 

RT? What the fuck are you talking about?

Whatever military deficiencies they have are unrelated to oil and gas sales this year. 

Military deficiencies will most certainly affect his oil and gas sales.   As their economy continues to hemorrhage people and capital, maintenance, capacity and exploration will continue to dwindle as Russia cant continue to  afford to drop money into industry.   

But anything highlighting Russian negatives is to be ignored, right?

46 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

So this guy with his baby-robot voice probably not knowing a word of Spanish, is going to blend in Argentina. Where the monthly wage is about like Mexico. And he's wanted by the Zillionaires he ripped off as well as all the small fry, SOME of whom may very well BE in Argentina scraping by on Mexico wages when one day, at the bus stop, they hear a baby-robot voice buzzing out OK Spanish, like, nothing like Buenos Aires Spanish, mind you, but passable Duolingo Spanish.

And they're standing there with their shopping bag of onions, duct tape, and a sock full of demonetized coins that you need for the bus, and the wheels start turning. Cousin's got an empty store with a backroom. How much would a Zillionaire pay for this baby-robot-voice guy?

I had the same thought. These two:

SBF-Caroline-Ellison-1668176050.webp.f0fac38590a874a743a10a0709f827a3.webp

are going on the lam to south america with 1-2 billion USD worth of shitcoin to their names.

• Drool 1

39 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Military deficiencies will most certainly affect his oil and gas sales.   As their economy continues to hemorrhage people and capital, maintenance, capacity and exploration will continue to dwindle as Russia cant continue to  afford to drop money into industry.   

But anything highlighting Russian negatives is to be ignored, right?

I didn’t say anything about the future. I was talking about sales this year.

Not even sure why this is being discussed in this thread.