Pickleball - dink dink, BANG

maninblack

• 1 month later...

It’s a great game. Surprisingly easy for people who would not consider themselves to be great athletes to pick up and enjoy. The nature and rules of the game also have a way of bringing say a very good tennis player down a few notches. Good game for couples followed by cocktails.

27 minutes ago, HouTex said:

It’s a great game. Surprisingly easy for people who would not consider themselves to be great athletes to pick up and enjoy. The nature and rules of the game also have a way of bringing say a very good tennis player down a few notches. Good game for couples followed by cocktails.

At the Final Four Mark Few and Scott Drew destroyed all challengers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spokesman.com/stories/2021/apr/04/kings-of-the-pickleball-court-gonzagas-mark-few-ba/%3famp-content=amp

• Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 12:26 PM, HouTex said:

All. Of. This.  (From a formerly good tennis player who also enjoys cocktails).

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 5/5/2021 at 9:35 AM, gyroprotagonist said:

lol, i saw a 'professional' mixed doubles pickleball match?/game? on TV (was not even the ocho) last week.  took me a while to figure out some of the rules like they had to be behind some line to hit the ball back over.  

Yeah inside of that line is called the "kitchen".  You can't be in the kitchen and hit the ball without it first bouncing and you can't step into the kitchen after hitting a ball you hit out of the air (i.e., didn't bounce first).

Spectacularly fun game!  As a former tennis player, it is easy to pick up and be competitive.  Learning to dink and overall strategy takes a little time.  Lots of old college tennis players playing pb tournaments these days.  Our neighbor built a court and Friday evenings are doubles and drinks.  

• 1 month later...

https://thepickler.com/blogs/pickleball-blog/nude-pickleball

Nude Pickleball Is Taking Off

Spoiler
Nude Pickleball Is Taking Off | Pickler Pickleball

JUNE 2022 FRANK CERABINO
Share with your friends

Nude pickleball is … er, um … busting out all over.

Naturist resorts from coast to coast are finding out that nudists want more pickleball – just like the majority of people who don’t do their dinking in the raw.

Nude pickleball is beating the pants off its competition.

Clothing-optional resorts are advertising their pickleball facilities, holding tournaments, and putting in more courts to meet the demand.

Mike Sullivan is a USA Pickleball ambassador and a resident of Cypress Cove Nudist Resort in Kissimmee, Florida.

“Pickleball is the biggest sport here by five times,” Sullivan said.

Pickleball at Cypress Cove began modestly 14 years ago when a couple visiting from England drew chalk lines on the two tennis courts there.

Five years later, the resort had its first two pickleball-dedicated courts. Five years ago, those two courts multiplied into six, and today pickleball is the most popular recreational pursuit at Cypress Cove, with 172 dues-paying nudists playing there seven days a week.

“Nothing else comes close,” Sullivan said. “Tennis is dying. Most of them have died off or hurt their knees. I think they have eight people left.”

The only recreational pursuit other than pickleball that is holding its own at Cypress Cove is cornhole, a bean-bag tossing game that is similar to horseshoes.

“That’s just a drinking game,” Sullivan said. “They play four hours a week, and it’s scheduled around happy hour. We play pickleball all the time.”

Sullivan is arranging home-and-away pickleball matches with other Florida nudist resorts and getting ready for his community’s July 4th pickleball tournament, which is called the “Clothing Independence Day Tournament.”

The nudist resort keeps cultivating new players with ball machines to practice drills, lessons and encouragement.

“We tell people, just bring your tennis shoes. We provide the paddles and the balls,” Sullivan said.

People who play pickleball in the nude say that it’s much more comfortable than playing while clothed. There’s no sweaty, clinging clothing to deal with, and it’s easier to cool down after playing a few games.

“As with anything nude vs. clothed, it’s the feeling of the sun and the wind on your body and the freedom of it,” said Larry Ford, who owns the Clothing Optional Home Network, and operates from the Alpenglow Ranch, a nudist bed-and-breakfast resort in Bend, Oregon.

Alpenglow Ranch put a pickleball court in the middle of its 50 secluded acres about five years ago. The resort has a gated entrance and a quarter-mile driveway to afford nude pickleballers an extra measure of privacy.

“It’s very recreational play here,” Ford said. “The host couple plays 4.0 pickleball, but it’s not competitive play. And our guests love to be able to play nude.

“A lot of people book here just to play nude pickleball.”

Back in Florida at the Eden RV Resort, a nudist camping spot in the Pasco County community of Hudson, about 30 people play clothing-optional pickleball every day, said general manager Tracy Pangburn.

The resort’s one pickleball court isn’t enough, Pangburn said.

“We’re putting in a second court,” she said. “I had to get rid of the shuffleboard to make room for pickleball.”

20 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Hide contents

JUNE 2022 FRANK CERABINO

Share with your friends

Naturist resorts from coast to coast are finding out that nudists want more pickleball – just like the majority of people who don’t do their dinking in the raw.

Clothing-optional resorts are advertising their pickleball facilities, holding tournaments, and putting in more courts to meet the demand.

Mike Sullivan is a USA Pickleball ambassador and a resident of Cypress Cove Nudist Resort in Kissimmee, Florida.

Pickleball at Cypress Cove began modestly 14 years ago when a couple visiting from England drew chalk lines on the two tennis courts there.

Five years later, the resort had its first two pickleball-dedicated courts. Five years ago, those two courts multiplied into six, and today pickleball is the most popular recreational pursuit at Cypress Cove, with 172 dues-paying nudists playing there seven days a week.

“Nothing else comes close,” Sullivan said. “Tennis is dying. Most of them have died off or hurt their knees. I think they have eight people left.”

The only recreational pursuit other than pickleball that is holding its own at Cypress Cove is cornhole, a bean-bag tossing game that is similar to horseshoes.

“That’s just a drinking game,” Sullivan said. “They play four hours a week, and it’s scheduled around happy hour. We play pickleball all the time.”

Sullivan is arranging home-and-away pickleball matches with other Florida nudist resorts and getting ready for his community’s July 4th pickleball tournament, which is called the “Clothing Independence Day Tournament.”

The nudist resort keeps cultivating new players with ball machines to practice drills, lessons and encouragement.

“We tell people, just bring your tennis shoes. We provide the paddles and the balls,” Sullivan said.

People who play pickleball in the nude say that it’s much more comfortable than playing while clothed. There’s no sweaty, clinging clothing to deal with, and it’s easier to cool down after playing a few games.

“As with anything nude vs. clothed, it’s the feeling of the sun and the wind on your body and the freedom of it,” said Larry Ford, who owns the Clothing Optional Home Network, and operates from the Alpenglow Ranch, a nudist bed-and-breakfast resort in Bend, Oregon.

Alpenglow Ranch put a pickleball court in the middle of its 50 secluded acres about five years ago. The resort has a gated entrance and a quarter-mile driveway to afford nude pickleballers an extra measure of privacy.

“It’s very recreational play here,” Ford said. “The host couple plays 4.0 pickleball, but it’s not competitive play. And our guests love to be able to play nude.

Back in Florida at the Eden RV Resort, a nudist camping spot in the Pasco County community of Hudson, about 30 people play clothing-optional pickleball every day, said general manager Tracy Pangburn.

“We’re putting in a second court,” she said. “I had to get rid of the shuffleboard to make room for pickleball.”

Cornhole and nudist resort had me cracking up

23 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Reveal hidden contents

JUNE 2022 FRANK CERABINO

Share with your friends

Christ man.  I think I speak for every reader of the thread when I say we were expecting something different. I mean, spoilering it was a good start, but maybe alert us that it’s going to be a naked octogenarian man so we know not to open it.  

11 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Christ man.  I think I speak for every reader of the thread when I say we were expecting something different. I mean, spoilering it was a good start, but maybe alert us that it’s going to be a naked octogenarian man so we know not to open it.  

Well, I was wrong in thinking bolded, larger font "Nude Pickleball is Taking Off" title and then spoilering the contents would've prepared people, but your critique and suggestion are duly noted for next time.

Aside, Florida retirements homes are cesspools for geriatric orgies and STDs. Nekkid pickleball was invented there. Nothing prepares a herpegonorsyphillaids having septuagenarian for that evening's orgy than a hitting a ball over the net while having his dangling balls slap his knees. Betty and her two fried eggs hanging from rusted nails titties couldn't get more wet which means she's still dry as the Sahara.

Edited by crash_davis

• 1 month later...

First ever nationally televised pickleball is in CBS. The womens and mens doubles just wrapped up, and tomorrow is mens and womens singles and mixed doubles.

The mother-daughter team that won today won the national championship in 2019 when the mom was 40 and the daughter was 11.

Pretty fun to watch. I didn’t realize that pro doubles don’t switch sides when they serve. They keep the player with the strongest forehand in the left box.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Andre Agassi was right when he said "pickleball is where old tennis players go to die".  I played in a senior pickleball tournament this week and it was full of old high school and college tennis players that are over 60 that can really play.  I played with a senior lady that played pro tennis in the 90s.  Lots of fun and very competitive.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Our crowd of late-40s to 50 got smoked in our league this summer to teams that were almost always significantly older than us. People who looked like they could barely walk to the court were scorching pickleball players. The problem is our neighborhood is all newbies and we just play each other so we’re not really improving. I think we might need lessons.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

My wife and I started playing last October.  The Sonic at Canton TX. has three dedicated pickleball courts. Canton also has some courts in a park that are marked for Pickleball. There is a group of about 80 (mostly retirees) that get together and play. In practice, it is usually about 12 that show up on Saturdays to play.

There is also a club that has three indoor courts near Wills Point TX. 

5 hours ago, Iguana said:

My wife and I started playing last October.  The Sonic at Canton TX. has three dedicated pickleball courts. Canton also has some courts in a park that are marked for Pickleball. There is a group of about 80 (mostly retirees) that get together and play. In practice, it is usually about 12 that show up on Saturdays to play.

There is also a club that has three indoor courts near Wills Point TX. 

oldz!

I have done the a pickleball camp with Levelup which was very helpful but I am looking for a more focused training session.  I'd like to find a instructor that has some real creditials.  From knowing some folks who are "certified" instructors who aren't that much better than me, I'd like to find someone better.  Ideally, it would be professional (not a hooker) who can give private instruction and a place for open play afterwards. (damn this sounds like it should go in the IPIHB forum).  I would like to schedule more than on session and make sometype of vacation out of it.  Any suggestions?