#15 Texas @ #16 Oklahoma - 8:00 ESPN

BigOrange1

1 hour ago, Revolution512 said:

Ramey’s only real issue is he dribbles too much. That’s when he gets in trouble. Yes his shot selection could improve but that’s pretty much every player in a Shaka offense.

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

I'm actually OK with Ramey shooting 3 pointers when he's open and in the right spots.  its his dribble drive where I'm "uh oh".  he just isn't a very good a ball handler and doesn't really create separation.  He's a guard so he has to do it but it seems like its always an adventure.  to be fair to him none of our guards are what I would consider great ballhandlers.  Coleman is the best of the bunch IMO but even he has WTF moments.

Ramey did have a key/nice drive and dish to Sims down the stretch.

If he were more decisive and just a tad bit more athletic or a tad bit more savvy he'd basically be J'Covan Brown. There are times when he makes a slow probing drive and is on the cusp of lulling his defender into a foul then he'll inexplicably show the ball to the defender, allowing him to get his hands on it, and suddenly a promising possession turns into a turnover or a hilarious block where the defender doesn't even leave his feet.

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

If he were more decisive and just a tad bit more athletic or a tad bit more savvy he'd basically be J'Covan Brown. There are times when he makes a slow probing drive and is on the cusp of lulling his defender into a foul then he'll inexplicably show the ball to the defender, allowing him to get his hands on it, and suddenly a promising possession turns into a turnover or a hilarious block where the defender doesn't even leave his feet.

JCB is a good comparison. He doesn’t have the vision of Brown and Brown has a little more game but overall Ramey reminds me of him as well.

If he were more decisive and just a tad bit more athletic or a tad bit more savvy he'd basically be J'Covan Brown.

If I were picking teams down at the Y, I would pick Ramey over Brown.  He is much more committed on the defensive end (and has better size).  Agree that they are similar players though.

Since this is an OU thread, it seems appropriate to say that I hope Ramey makes a jump like Buddy Hield in his senior year.  If Ramey can keep his 3PT% with the big jump in usage he will get next year while also improve his decision-making inside the arc, I could see him scoring 20 ppg next year. 

image.png.a48666baca7ec665953a4db7d6c388aa.png

On 3/4/2021 at 9:28 PM, Cairn Horn88 said:

Y’all should thank me for not watching the game.  

I got you, fam. These highlights include every point:

Even on replay, the second half is hard on the eyes. Only 25 points over that period versus 44 for the first. How many times has that happened this year?

I love Matt Coleman, and he made a big shot late, but he was absolutely awful in this game offensively. That was his only bucket, and I believe he finished with one assist and five turnovers. The entire OU team had three giveaways all night.

Also, though he plays for the "wrong" team, if you don't like Brady Manek, you don't like college hoops. Fun player to watch.

• Hook 'Em 1