Even the Apocalypse Must End; The Walking Dead Finale Season

notre dame joe

Yes it's still on and spawning spin-offs.

For those who have forgotten:

The survivors awoke in world where civilization fell and was dominated by zombies.  They sought refuge in the {CDC, farm, prison, hospital, train station, church, Alexandria, Hilltop, Cosplay Kingdom, Sanctuary, West Virginia} but were driven out by the {self-destruct, hordes, Governor, Claimers, Cops, Cannibals, Wolves, Saviors, Garbage Pail Kids, Whisperers,  Stormtroopers?}  often having a quantum leap.

I think they are either in Alexandria or Hilltop and about to name the next army.  Eugene led a detachment of ham radio enthusiasts in search of some ZA stand up comedy. Reasons to still watch include

https://i.imgur.com/WPEBCh6.gif

WPEBCh6.gif (245×329) (imgur.com)

bfaa9bf7950a2c4b1a23e7fbe034e83467d54aa8

https://i.imgur.com/9dmhdPn.png

9dmhdPn.png (474×474) (imgur.com)

Edit: What happened to the normal picture embed [img][/img] ??

Edited by notre dame joe
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, trza-hawk said:

Some guy asked his followers on twitter when they stopped with this show and would up with nearly 20,000 responses and made "Carl" trend on the site for a while.

From the replies: 

"what’s so funny i stopped watching walking dead because all the characters kept making such stupid decisions, and then this pandemic happened and it turned out people are just fucking stupid irl too lol"

I remember the old TWD threads where we would just bitch nonstop about how every character makes the stupidest decision every single time. And yeah, we got to see that shit play out in real life this past year. 

14 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

I remember the old TWD threads where we would just bitch nonstop about how every character makes the stupidest decision every single time. And yeah, we got to see that shit play out in real life this past year. 

I mean if people won't wear a mask then how could we expect them to wear heavy clothing?

18 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

From the replies: 

"what’s so funny i stopped watching walking dead because all the characters kept making such stupid decisions, and then this pandemic happened and it turned out people are just fucking stupid irl too lol"

and they never used the bathroom !!!!!

I quit at the start of the season before Neegan, or I guess the season where he's introduced at the very end.  I came back for his first full season because everyone talked about how great of a villain he was in the books and how it was going to be the show's peak.

I don't think I even made it all the way through the Neegan season.

Edited by Tom

We stopped watching during the Neegan stuff. Don’t remember what specifically made us stop, but another episode of them taking outrageous chances, never learning, and getting killed for no reason. Or catching the bad guy and letting him get away somehow. 

• Like 1

Whatever happened with Rick? Didn’t he go on a helicopter ride or something a few seasons a back after an explosion or some shit?
Rick blew up a bridge to save everyone. His body was never found and then it showed him on a helicopter with the weird junkyard lady. The show had a time jump next but it's become worse and worse.

Albert & Costello folks, you should go on the road, promoting booze.

I haven't needed eyedrops after a segment in 5 seasons. 

I thought that guy was the T-1000 (Robert Patrick) but now I'm thinking Jon Voight.

Spoiler

ha.  always trust your first read.

Edited by notre dame joe

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 2:18 AM, notre dame joe said:

Would modern prison locks even work without electricity?

It's not like you need it escape proof just  something a sentient being can undo but a zombie couldn't.  Bungee cord, combo lock, loosely tied rope, broom handle jamming the track like all grandmothers seem to have on sliding doors...  Any of that shit would work.  I'm not sure you can tell, but that's always bugged me.

• 11 months later...

The Walking Dead Finale Part II

I believe this is the 2nd of a 3-part season.

For those who haven't kept up.  They have time jumped into the future where Mon Motha and the stormtroopers have rebuilt civilization.  That frees up time to debate labor rights, healthcare rationing, fake girlfriends, and inter tribal politics with the occasional mandatory zombie scene. 

1 hour ago, notre dame joe said:

The Walking Dead Finale Part II

I believe this is the 2nd of a 3-part season.

For those who haven't kept up.  They have time jumped into the future where Mon Motha and the stormtroopers have rebuilt civilization.  That frees up time to debate labor rights, healthcare rationing, fake girlfriends, and inter tribal politics with the occasional mandatory zombie scene. 

i can ttell if this is a parody or not

6 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

FINAL SEASON - WE REALLY MEAN IT THIS TIME

2 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Is that other one still on? Fear the walking dead? 

23 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Yep plus another one about teen life in the apocalypse. I shit you not.

Remember when AMC first came out with Mad Men and Breaking Bad and people thought "Holy shit, this AMC network is going to be the next HBO as far as quality premium television"?

Then AMC's creative director guy was like, "Nevermind.  We're just going to make The Walking Dead forever and 100 Walking Dead spinoffs.  Then we'll get the guy from 'Singled Out' to come on for 30 minutes after each episode to talk about it.  Boom!  Let's take lunch."

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tom said:

Remember when AMC first came out with Mad Men and Breaking Bad and people thought "Holy shit, this AMC network is going to be the next HBO as far as quality premium television"?

Then AMC's creative director guy was like, "Nevermind.  We're just going to make The Walking Dead forever and 100 Walking Dead spinoffs.  Then we'll get the guy from 'Singled Out' to come on for 30 minutes after each episode to talk about it.  Boom!  Let's take lunch."

Sadly enough people watched all that TWD shit for him to also be like this

WeeklyWhisperedAfricanwildcat-size_restr

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Yep plus another one about teen life in the apocalypse. I shit you not.

2 hours ago, Tom said:

I'm thinking that it is time to pitch prequels.  

Better Call Andrea

The Tiger King Ezekiel

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1