Big 12 Tournament Championship Game - #13 Texas vs. #12 Oklahoma State - 5:00 ESPN

BigOrange1

Just now, Js1 said:

I like this team. When they are, they are elite. It’s just frustrating when we can’t put it together for a full game. We haven’t really since the first KU game. 

So many games we play great for a half and shit our britches in the 2nd. When we play at our best for 40 minutes, not too many teams can hang. That fact is what encourages and frustrates the shit out of me.  

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I like this team. When they are on, they are elite. It’s just frustrating when we can’t put it together for a full game. We haven’t really since the first KU game. 

That's the vexing thing about these guys--they can beat anybody, they can also lose to anyone. Tend to play to the competition and have difficulty putting teams away.

Let's hope today is an exception!

Just now, Homercles said:

Tired legs after the most emotional and grinding game of the year...settling for 3’s on tired legs.  Kinda expected this from my pokes and not surprised it’s getting out of hand.  

Agreed. Seems like your team believes they played for the championship last night. They sold out for that while we got to rest. But them's the breaks. 

Just now, Homercles said:

Tired legs after the most emotional and grinding game of the year...settling for 3’s on tired legs.  Kinda expected this from my pokes and not surprised it’s getting out of hand.  

I almost took Texas on an alternate spread. Settled on ML. 

Now, we blew a 19 point lead the other day. So this isn't over. 

Ugh, we’ve made several comebacks this year, but I’m not seeing it today. Cade is off and in foul trouble, and you guys are fresh legged and crisp. I did like seeing that Shaka and Boynton are friends. Still happy with our season and hoping for that 2 seed, though 3 would be good too.

• Haha 1

Just now, HookEm said:

Exactly on Jones last possession. That was costly. Oh well overall a great half.

I really hope Greg Brown gets in the game in the 2nd half and does something. We need his head on straight next weekend.

Gonna have to disagree with your police work there, Lou. Brown would be an asset IF he gets his shit together, but it didn't look like being pulled out of the last game, having a day to think about it, and coming off the bench did jack shit for him today. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Agreed. Seems like your team believes they played for the championship last night. They sold out for that while we got to rest. But them's the breaks. 

Oh I wasn’t whining about it, indeed thems the breaks...you gotta win to advance, and to beat the #2 team with 1-loss all season takes just about all you got.  I didn’t see anything from players or coaches that they thought they won it all last night 

Edited by Homercles

Just now, honolulu horn said:

Gonna have to disagree with your police work there, Lou. Brown would be an asset IF he gets his shit together, but it didn't look like being pulled out of the last game, having a day to think about it, and coming off the bench did jack shit for him today. 

The free day might have been the worst thing for him. He had almost 45 hours to think about it. 

5 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Cade is coming back in the second half. This isn't close to over.

We’ve NEVER gone into halftime with a lead and then come out cold as ice. No sir. Not ever. 

Great lead. But can’t come out like we did second half against Tech the last 2 times. 

8 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Ugh, we’ve made several comebacks this year, but I’m not seeing it today. Cade is off and in foul trouble, and you guys are fresh legged and crisp. I did like seeing that Shaka and Boynton are friends. Still happy with our season and hoping for that 2 seed, though 3 would be good too.

Nice try, you fuck. Negged.

5 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Oh I wasn’t whining about it, indeed thems the breaks...you gotta win to advance, and to beat the #2 team with 1-loss all season takes just about all you got.  I didn’t see anything from players or coaches that they thought they won it all last night 

Not in an obvious way, but I gotta think that the energy (physical and mental) that goes into beating 22-1 Baylor last night is hard to recapture, esp if facing a hungry team in championship. Remember you're talking with Texas fans here, who have seen Texas football beat the best and lose to the worst the next week. 

Just now, honolulu horn said:

Not in an obvious way, but I gotta think that the energy (physical and mental) that goes into beating 22-1 Baylor last night is hard to recapture, esp if facing a hungry team in championship. Remember you're talking with Texas fans here, who have seen Texas football beat the best and lose to the worst the next week. 

Keeping your emotions after beating WV and Baylor for 18-22 year olds aint easy. 

17 minutes ago, CheesePie said:

Say what you will about Shaka but he’s got the team ready to play today 

TRANSLATION:

He has the team driving to the basket today rather than settling for 3s.

17 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I like this team. When they are on, they are elite. It’s just frustrating when we can’t put it together for a full game. We haven’t really since the first KU game. 

When this team is driving to the basket, they are 5X more likely to be “on” than when they don’t  

9 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Also we went a serious run without Greg Brown in the lineup. Yes, CC was out but Brown was the larger part of that equation. 

Greg Brown’s best position is left out, 4th guy off the bench, or Top 3 cheerleader.

Texas is MUCH BETTER when he is on the bench. MUCH! At both ends of the court.