Surly 2021 Bracket Challenge

BigOrange1

$25 entry fee, password is surlyhorns.  please change the name of your bracket to your username so we know who we're competing against.

https://fantasy.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2021/en/group?groupID=3934472

venmo - @CadeKor23

paypal - cade747@gmail.com

cash app - $CadeKor23

when you pay, please include your surly username in the note/comment/memo/whatever.

Edited by BigOrange1
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, BigOrange1 said:

Nope, have at it.

Right on - thanks. I like to enter two myself, but the Doomlet is also interested, and while his will almost certainly be a donation to the Wreath Fund (Creighton and Winthrop in the Final Four? Ambitious, to put it kindly...) I didn't want one of my slots wasted on that if there was a cap. 

38 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Right on - thanks. I like to enter two myself, but the Doomlet is also interested, and while his will almost certainly be a donation to the Wreath Fund (Creighton and Winthrop in the Final Four? Ambitious, to put it kindly...) I didn't want one of my slots wasted on that if there was a cap. 

I'm sure you could just enter his without the fee. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

my mom and dad play in this every year and they don't post here, which to me is not too dissimilar to submitting multiple entries, so i don't have a problem with it as long as we max it out at 3 entries or something like that. 

Every year that Illinois is in the tournament, I like to enter a bracket with them winning it all as an upset bracket (just because as an Illini fan, I'd never be able to live with myself if they won and I didn't pick them...) but this year, it might not be my spoiler/upset bracket. 

I'm only interested in running two for myself, and one sheet wi the Doomlet's picks, which will either win walking away if this is a bonkers tournament (and if he gets it all right, of course) or he'll just be a donor... 

1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:

$25 entry fee, password is surlyhorns.  please change the name of your bracket to your username so we know who we're competing against.

https://fantasy.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2021/en/group?groupID=3934472

venmo - @CadeKor23

cash app - $CadeKor23

when you pay, please include your surly username in the note/comment/memo/whatever.

Is payout just for 1st or top several or whatever? 

5 minutes ago, SpongeBob said:

count me in.  i think i did it correctly. venmo to follow No Idea Idk GIF by SomeGoodNews

This is generally what I go through.

1. Eh I guess I'll make a bracket. It'll make the games more interesting to watch.

2. I have a pretty good idea about who's who - this should be straightforward and not take long.

3. I'm not confident about any of this and probably fucked everything up.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

venmo - @CadeKor23

cash app - $CadeKor23

What is the group name? 

The default "Surly Horns" group from last year doesn't seem to be the right one this year though there's one sad bastard in there - durdydanatx - and it's impossible to find our group with just the group number from your link above. 

23 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

What is the group name? 

The default "Surly Horns" group from last year doesn't seem to be the right one this year though there's one sad bastard in there - durdydanatx - and it's impossible to find our group with just the group number from your link above. 

Surly 2021

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

I'm in.  Had a few years in a row like a decade ago where I cashed/won in the Shaggy bracket pool.  Been a while since I've contended, looking to return to glory.

yeah you were always winning back when we worked together. you've gotten complacent without me around anymore to keep you on your toes! 😂 

you should pick Texas to win it all. that way should it happen you can at least make a little coin off it. 

Ha! No hate for Texas hoops here. I actually have them losing to Mich St in my bracket here bc I figure I get a big leg up if TX goes out early but in my other contest I have TX in the FF.
  • Hook 'Em 1

In. paying now.  @immamacwould it be a good idea to stick this at the top for visability?

Also, today is my 17th anniversary of being a cardiac patient.  On this date in 2004 I filled out my bracket, said something didn't feel right, and headed to the hospital.  Had an echocardiogram just last week that was normal, so every March 17 I rejoice in being restored to health.

Edited by BearSchlong
  • Hook 'Em 4

Pro tip, for those waiting until the last minute to pick:  According to a formula to narrow down what teams can actual win the championship, that's been correct 20 out of the last 21 tournaments, only 3 teams this year meet all the criteria:  Gonzaga, Baylor, and Kansas. 

Norm Hitzges explained it today, I think this is the formula:

1.  Is a top 3 seed  

2.  Averaged 73+ points per game

3.  Averaged win margin for the season of at least 7 points

4.  Has a coach that has made it to the Elite 8 before

The only champion in the last 21 tourneys that didn't meet all the criteria was 2014 UConn.

Edited by clapclapclap