So, back to that legalization thing

Longhorn_Fan68

The more I looked into it, it seems like this is DSH trying to claim something is illegal when they dont really have the authority to just add things to their list of banned substances and start locking folks up for it.

However, Hometown Hero (located in Austin) is currently in court now testifying against what DSH has done and we should get more clarification by EOD.

Im hearing that some stores have taken off shelf as they wait and see, others are still selling.  Online retailers are also selling, but since the PACT act officially went into rule yesterday via USPS statement, they are scrambling to find new shippers to get product to people. 

Fuck Texas.

4 minutes ago, DiceHands said:

The more I looked into it, it seems like this is DSH trying to claim something is illegal when they dont really have the authority to just add things to their list of banned substances and start locking folks up for it.

Yeah, give it a few months for SCOTX to rule in favor of DSH. 

Court denied the TRO put forth by Hometown Hero CBD.  As of now, the courts are siding with DSHS as claim D8 is illegal.  Makes 0 sense considering they tried to ram 2 different bills through during the last leg session that banned D8.  They didnt pass, so now all of a sudden they can just decide its illegal?  What kind of nazi fascist state is this?

If you like D8, stock up while you can because I can see a lot of stores pulling it from shelves until more information comes out.  There is another court hearing on Nov 5th where we will learn more.

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, DiceHands said:

Court denied the TRO put forth by Hometown Hero CBD.  As of now, the courts are siding with DSHS as claim D8 is illegal.  Makes 0 sense considering they tried to ram 2 different bills through during the last leg session that banned D8.  They didnt pass, so now all of a sudden they can just decide its illegal?  What kind of nazi fascist state is this

As a Texan this one always hurt: spongebob

• Hook 'Em 1

Update on the D8 stuff from Hometown Hero.  There will be a fundraiser this Thursday and a zoom call for store owners and vendors to help pitch in.  These guys have been on the front lines working this trying to salvage D8.  This is going a similar path as smokeable hemp ban that DSHS tried to implement too.  They lost that one, and I HOPE they lose this one too.  

If you have the means to contribute, check out the video and see how you can help.  Banning D8 would be a major step backwards and prevents access to the only relief we get in this backward ass state.  

• 3 weeks later...

So dems have dicked around with other priorities that don’t have nearly the same support. Here’s a R congresswoman proposing a serious bill. Not claiming I’m an expert but the cannabis investors I follow are excited about this. ~70% for cannabis legalization but Congress is worried about pushing other BS through. 

• Fuck You 1

16 hours ago, Satoshi said:

So dems have dicked around with other priorities that don’t have nearly the same support. Here’s a R congresswoman proposing a serious bill. Not claiming I’m an expert but the cannabis investors I follow are excited about this. ~70% for cannabis legalization but Congress is worried about pushing other BS through. 

I'm fine with pausing on weed legalization to do shit like pass infrastructure and, I don't know, get the fuck out of a pandemic. weed can wait. and I don't care who gets it done, just do it. I would have applauded TFG for doing it, but he couldn't see past his own greed. sad

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

This isn't passing yet. Too many Democrats are scared of pissing off old voters who still think weed is basically the same as heroin. 

Or the Democrats themselves are olds who still think weed is like heroin.  

The Democratic Party actively sucks at politics.

• Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

this is 100% accurate.

i called this move in 2019 (republicans grabbing the legalization banner), how are democrats so gotdamn stupid not to have seen it? 

but Texas is ground zero for backwards regressive republican policy, this issue included. trying to shift blame to democrats is bullshit.

27 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Or the Democrats themselves are olds who still think weed is like heroin.  

Their ineptness is truly astounding.  If they had any competence at all, tfg would've never seen the White House.  But the Dems are so fucking inept, they're likely to hand it to him twice. 

Idiot GIF by Gordon Ramsay

this is 100% accurate.
i called this move in 2019 (republicans grabbing the legalization banner), how are democrats so gotdamn stupid not to have seen it? 
but Texas is ground zero for backwards regressive republican policy, this issue included. trying to shift blame to democrats is bullshit.

But if it gets legalized federally it won’t matter at the state level, correct?

On 11/10/2021 at 7:16 PM, Satoshi said:

Would.

Home - Nancy Mace for Congress

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

The Democrats may not even realize the Republicans are trying to steal a potential issue that the Dems could have used in upcoming elections.  It's ruthless on the part of the Rs - they know their olds will still show up and vote, and this allows them to dampen the enthusiasm the Dems could have generated from it.

23 minutes ago, Anwar Namtut said:

The olds that were prudes in the 60s still think it's heroin. The rest use it for their "glaucoma." I'm guessing more olds will be for legalization than people think.

Cannabis was outlawed in 1937. People in the their 20's then are fucking dead. People in their 20's in the 60's are in their mid to late 70's and older - and are only about 15% of the population at this point. They are likely 50/50 on the topic with every generation thereafter being more amenable to legalization. It will happen eventually. Let's hope it's sooner rather than later.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

Meh. I get it that it’s a step in the right direction. Well, a leap. But someone wake me up when every American isn’t under the threat of criminal penalties or losing their job for using a plant for recreational and medicinal purposes. This won’t change anything for me, my fucked up back and many, many other people.

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Cannabis was outlawed in 1937. People in the their 20's then are fucking dead. People in their 20's in the 60's are in their mid to late 70's and older - and are only about 15% of the population at this point. They are likely 50/50 on the topic with every generation thereafter being more amenable to legalization. It will happen eventually. Let's hope it's sooner rather than later.

Yep - I was basically thinking of the people from the '60s that are in their 70's now. Like my mom - she's most likely thinks it is still like heroin at worst or the "gateway" drug at best. 

And Willie Nelson who is 153.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Anwar Namtut said:

Yep - I was basically thinking of the people from the '60s that are in their 70's now. Like my mom - she's most likely thinks it is still like heroin at worst or the "gateway" drug at best. 

And Willie Nelson who is 153.

good point. my mom is in her early 60's and that's pretty much her stance - although she acknowledges the medicinal benefits. I just think enough data are out there to show it's a harmless plant. Same cannot be said for heroin

On 11/10/2021 at 7:16 PM, Satoshi said:

If you weren't such a shithead I might give you some rep.

But, you are. So, continue to fuck off.

It won't pass. I'd love to be wrong.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

It should be legal in all 50 states by 2030 at the latest. However, look up the age and cannabis record of both Pete sessions and John Cornyn. Unfortunately they are both in their 60’s and have kept legalization down in the US house and Senate while representing Texas.