So, back to that legalization thing

Longhorn_Fan68

that article is behind a paywall but at a minimum the headline is misleading, no doubt intentionally.

Booker and Schumer are working on a separate bill.

this article was published in the last hour (excerpted for those at work lol)

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/schumer-wants-to-keep-big-boys-out-of-marijuana-industry-and-says-legalization-bill-is-passable/

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) wants to keep the “big boys” out of the marijuana industry in favor of creating opportunities for smaller operators when cannabis is federally legalized, and he says that his upcoming bill would accomplish that.

In a conversation between Schumer and New York’s top state cannabis regulator that was hosted on Black Enterprise’s marijuana vertical, the majority leader talked about modeling federal reform legislation after the state’s recently enacted marijuana law, with a particular focus on social equity.

“We’re taking a page from New York’s book and trying to do basically what you did nationally,” he told former Democratic Assemblywoman Tremaine Wright, who now chairs the state’s Cannabis Control Board. “What it will do is ensure that Americans in all communities won’t be arrested or barred from receiving services for using cannabis where it’s legal because the state’s making legal.”

Schumer emphasized in the Green Entrepreneur interview that the bill he’s working on alongside Senate Finance Committee Chairman Ron Wyden (D-OR) and Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) is being designed with small businesses in mind.

“We don’t want the big boys to come in,” he said. “After all the pain that’s been occurring in communities like the one you represent in Brooklyn, where I’m from—to have the big boys come in and make all the money makes no sense.”

11 minutes ago, mchookem said:

that article is behind a paywall but at a minimum the headline is misleading, no doubt intentionally.

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/schumer-wants-to-keep-big-boys-out-of-marijuana-industry-and-says-legalization-bill-is-passable/

yeah, that's my only worry with legalization is that big companies will get a monopoly and we'll be right back where we started. But im planning to start my own small, personal grow once it's decrimmed, so there's that

• Hook 'Em 3

it's very promising that serious discussion and deliberation is finally happening at the federal level! it feels like we're reaching critical mass on this issue. hopefully the Senate will pass their own version soon and some real progress can be made before the midterms.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Stop being a troll.  

From that article:

That push has hit a roadblock in the Senate, however, where Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) has sided with Sens. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) and Ron Wyden (D-N.J.), who are seeking to assemble a comprehensive bill that would federally decriminalize the drug, tax it and potentially expunge the criminal records of those previously convicted of having bought or sold it. Passing the narrower bill, they argue, would make passing their broader bill more difficult.

So rather than piecemealing this at the federal level, Schumer, Booker, and Wyden want it all in one bill.  Makes a lot of sense.

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Hook 'Em 4

Just now, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Stop being a troll.  

From that article:

[quote]That push has hit a roadblock in the Senate, however, where Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) has sided with Sens. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) and Ron Wyden (D-N.J.), who are seeking to assemble a comprehensive bill that would federally decriminalize the drug, tax it and potentially expunge the criminal records of those previously convicted of having bought or sold it. Passing the narrower bill, they argue, would make passing their broader bill more difficult.[/quote]

you know he can't read. stop literacy shaming him

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

yeah, that's my only worry with legalization is that big companies will get a monopoly and we'll be right back where we started. But im planning to start my own small, personal grow once it's decrimmed, so there's that

Yeah, after having finally watched Murder Mountain a couple of months ago, I get the concern about the small growers.

8 hours ago, mchookem said:

Yeah and flying monkeys are gonna be coming from my arse in 3…….2……..

I’m going long on Altria stock.

the big boys will control it.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Actually, dickhead Texas politicians might make even more hardline laws to spite the federal government. Own those libs (even if they are also republicans)!!!

Oklahoma, Louisiana, New Mexico, and Mexico will all eventually legalize and most Texans will be able to drive to those states or Mexico and buy product.

Oklahoma, Louisiana, New Mexico, and Mexico will all eventually legalize and most Texans will be able to drive to those states or Mexico and buy product.

And? Changes nothing. I can drive two blocks away and get some and it would still be illegal in Texas regardless if it’s not legal in those states or at a federal level.
  • Hook 'Em 1

so where is this source within 2 blocks?

Well, there is a Starbucks, grocery store, and a Mexican restaurant. I bet any number of employees there are holding. I am certain my next door neighbor is too.

The point isn’t whether a Texan can go buy weed legally in an adjacent state. Weed would still be illegal in Texas. So why bother driving to fucking godawful Louisiana or even worse Oklahoma, just to bring it back and break the law? Just find a plug in the city you live in. Not hard. At all. And it would still be as legal.

9 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Well, there is a Starbucks, grocery store, and a Mexican restaurant. I bet any number of employees there are holding. I am certain my next door neighbor is too.

The point isn’t whether a Texan can go buy weed legally in an adjacent state. Weed would still be illegal in Texas. So why bother driving to fucking godawful Louisiana or even worse Oklahoma, just to bring it back and break the law? Just find a plug in the city you live in. Not hard. At all. And it would still be as legal.

My guy gets mail drops from colorado and cali and has a full fucking menu. Sometimes takes a day or two for the hookup, but he runs a good business. No one is more than two phone calls or texts away from being able to score weed, yet Texas is determined to waste tax payer resources and ruin lives over it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My guy gets mail drops from colorado and cali and has a full fucking menu. Sometimes takes a day or two for the hookup, but he runs a good business. No one is more than two phone calls or texts away from being able to score weed, yet Texas is determined to waste tax payer resources and ruin lives over it. 

Exactly the point. And while I think the federal government decriminalizing/legalizing marijuana would be a huge thing, for us in Texas, it doesn’t make a shit.

Again, wake me up when I won’t lose my job for partaking at home when I have back pain or have trouble sleeping. The same as someone can enjoy a few drinks at home without the real possibility of losing their job. Now that would be awesome.

2 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Exactly the point. And while I think the federal government decriminalizing/legalizing marijuana would be a huge thing, for us in Texas, it doesn’t make a shit.

Again, wake me up when I won’t lose my job for partaking at home when I have back pain or have trouble sleeping. The same as someone can enjoy a few drinks at home without the real possibility of losing their job. Now that would be awesome.

And exactly like alcohol, it’s lost revenue and seeing adjacent states make bank will open their eyes eventually. As for legalization, I hope it’s like dc where you can own three plants and have up to two ounces on your person legally, as well as provide free seeds to individuals to grow their own.

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

So rather than piecemealing this at the federal level, Schumer, Booker, and Wyden want it all in one bill.  Makes a lot of sense.

So rather than doing something good for their communities that would pass quickly, they want to roll more things into a larger bill that will be harder to pass and could take years.

I’d rather they take the W now. If the rest of it requires hard work, well, that’s their job.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

So rather than doing something good for their communities that would pass quickly, they want to roll more things into a larger bill that will be harder to pass and could take years.

I’d rather they take the W now. If the rest of it requires hard work, well, that’s their job.

I guess you've missed the last 6 years of Dem infighting and cannibalism. Democrats would never lose a general election if they didn't find ways like this to trip on their dicks. 

Edited by Eggo

4 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

tenor (8).gif

34 minutes ago, Mango4 said:

The South Dakota Supreme Court struck down recreational marijuana, saying it violated the single subject rule in South Dakota.

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/24/1058884032/south-dakotas-supreme-court-rules-against-legalization-of-recreational-marijuana

Pfft. As if anybody needed another reason to not live in South Dakota.

Just now, Walden Ponderer said:

Pfft. As if anybody needed another reason to not live in South Dakota.

They have been gathering signatures to get it back on the ballot November 2022. Noem's re-election bid will be on the same ballot. I can't wait. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2021 at 1:05 PM, Mango4 said:

The South Dakota Supreme Court struck down recreational marijuana, saying it violated the single subject rule in South Dakota.

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/24/1058884032/south-dakotas-supreme-court-rules-against-legalization-of-recreational-marijuana

The meth lobby is nothing to snort at in South Dakota.

On 12/3/2021 at 4:10 PM, Onboard 2.0 said:

The munchies are a powerful tool in the fight against covid.

"So one minute I'm in the ICU hooked up to a vent, then my homeboy comes in and hooks his dab pen up to the thing, and the next thing I remember I'm polishing off my 4th JITB taco with a side of ranch and hitting my second refill of Dr Pepper". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

"So one minute I'm in the ICU hooked up to a vent, then my homeboy comes in and hooks his dab pen up to the thing, and the next thing I remember I'm polishing off my 4th JITB taco with a side of ranch and hitting my second refill of Dr Pepper". 

Shout it brotha' !!!  I'ma taking a booster hit right now in honor of your recovery !

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1