So, back to that legalization thing

Longhorn_Fan68

28 minutes ago, Chooky said:

What's a lid? Never understood it. I have a grinder. Always wondered if that thing full was a lid.

Noun; 1960s slang) The quantity of marijuana that will fit in a flat Prince Albert pipe tobacco can (a "lid"). It originally held 1-1/2 oz of moister, denser tobacco, so it would hold about 1 oz of dope. If you are too young to remember, you can google image for ( Prince Albert can ).
Do you know where we can score a lid?
by --Pete March 13, 2017
  • Hook 'Em 1

these fucking rubes.
so i quit drinking and use weed as an anti-anxiety/anti-depressant/party drug. 
my life now vs my life before weed is like two different dudes. i mean there's a lot of other shit going on that's contributing to the positive change, but weed is one of the biggest helps i could imagine. i'm smarter, i write better, i remember things better, etc. i'm kinder, have more patience, better overall mood, etc.
the fuck is this shit still illegal? and why do i have to break the law to feel pretty normalish? it's fucking maddening.

Big Alcohol.

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

these fucking rubes.

so i quit drinking and use weed as an anti-anxiety/anti-depressant/party drug. 

my life now vs my life before weed is like two different dudes. i mean there's a lot of other shit going on that's contributing to the positive change, but weed is one of the biggest helps i could imagine. i'm smarter, i write better, i remember things better, etc. i'm kinder, have more patience, better overall mood, etc.

the fuck is this shit still illegal? and why do i have to break the law to feel pretty normalish? it's fucking maddening.

Schitts Creek Girl GIF by CBC

12 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

They just executed a guy here in Singapore for trafficking 1kg of weed (2.2 pounds). He wasn’t even carrying the weed, just a phone link to him.

Anything over 500g is automatic hanging.

Tough way to go out…

jfc, executed for weed? and I thought our laws were archaic. sheesh

• 3 weeks later...

After classifying the THCO derivatives as schedule 1, DEA now poised to reschedule Delta-8 as well.

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/dea-official-says-new-rules-are-coming-for-synthetic-cannabinoids-including-cbd-and-delta-8-thc/

The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) will soon be proposing new rules to clarify that synthetically manufactured cannabinoids like delta-8 THC are prohibited controlled substances.

• Rage+1 1

From the same article, related to Biden’s order last year. They got teams working on the issue around the clock. 

Meanwhile, HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra recently said his agency remains committed to “expeditiously” carrying out a scientific review of marijuana as part of Biden’s scheduling directive last year—but he’s making clear that the final decision is up to DEA.

U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland said at a Senate hearing in March that DOJ is “still working on a marijuana policy” while awaiting the results of the scientific review from health agencies.

10 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I guess in Georgia now you can see an MD over a Zoom call for five minutes in the comfort of your home and qualify for a medical marijuana card.

Isn’t Georgia’s medical marijuana program as worthless as Texas?  Just the weird Cbd oil shit.

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

So I'm quietly holding my breath here, but looks like D8/9 survived the Texas ledge session...

It did, I got the email from Hometown Hero (Austin based) over the weekend and they also have a pretty good sale going on now too.

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Hook 'Em 1

The DEA under the current admin about to catch you while you are exhaling. 

I mean…regarding Texas, does it matter?

Texas has a medical marijuana program. Although it’s shitty, it’s still 100% in defiance of federal law.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
So, are some of these shops selling actual weed now?
If by selling "weed" you mean sell you shit that can get you higher than a cats ass; Yes. In gas stations even. "Actual weed" that term has gotten a bit complicated; I generally just buy in Cali or CO as I'm a low dosage, particular strains kind of user.

20 hours ago, Born to Run said:
21 hours ago, Bookman said:
So, are some of these shops selling actual weed now?

If by selling "weed" you mean sell you shit that can get you higher than a cats ass; Yes. In gas stations even. "Actual weed" that term has gotten a bit complicated; I generally just buy in Cali or CO as I'm a low dosage, particular strains kind of user.

Do you drive it back? What route do you take? See lots of cops?

On 5/30/2023 at 2:15 PM, bolverk said:

The map's already been updated. As a reminder BLUE is where recreational is legal; GREEN is where medical is; and the D stands for decriminalized.

Map of cannabis laws in the US

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis_by_U.S._jurisdiction

In regard to recreational: Minnesota was a pleasant surprise this year. Delaware seemed inevitable.  Hawaii seems to be struggling to get on the same page despite finally having a governor who will support it, but they have that governor for 8 years presumably so it should be only a matter of time.  New Hampshire was close, but some state house dems / reps who previously voted for legalization in the house inexplicably voted against it in the senate. 

New Hampshire and Hawaii feel inevitable, but it won’t be this year.  I keep hoping North Dakota and South Dakota will let us vote on it every election cycle, but conservatives have started to take aim at ballot initiatives because they don’t like everyday people getting a say on anything.

Medical is a lot more difficult to read. There are some folks trying to get it on the ballot in deep red states in 2024, but those states “Nebraska and Idaho” have thwarted efforts in the past by using court technicalities and other bullshit.

It’s frustrating that si much has to go right to change a shitty 50 year old law that is firmly entrenched. We have to gather signatures, get them approved, not have a governor hostile to marijuana, not have state courts throw out the petition, then actually win the vote on Election Day. Oh well….. hopefully 2024 brings lots of wins. I just don’t know as of yet where they might come from.