Hire Chris Beard already

GreenspointTexas

Just now, Teryor said:

Fuck Chris Beard and his unwatchable brand of basketball. Getting rid of Shaka isn't worth it if our brand is charge baiting and 8 illegal screens each offensive possession

In a few years time, he made TEXAS TECH into a better program (they have actually made a natl championship game) than Texas. Hes worth every penny

Beard coaches a very tough-to-watch brand of basketball, but he wins (and recruits well). If he loses his fastball, the end could look very Barnesian (the bad years), but it's a risk I'm fine taking. He's not a guy we should eschew a proper coaching search for, IMO, and I have serious doubts about him even coming here.

7 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Fuck Chris Beard and his unwatchable brand of basketball. Getting rid of Shaka isn't worth it if our brand is charge baiting and 8 illegal screens each offensive possession

Yeah, because tonight was just beautiful. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

Yeah, because tonight was just beautiful. 

There's a better coach than Beard with more skins that is literally out there with no buyout in Beilein. I could give you several other options but I'll hard pass on Beard.

2 minutes ago, Teryor said:

There's a better coach than Beard with more skins that is literally out there with no buyout in Beilein. I could give you several other options but I'll hard pass on Beard.

Beard face fucked Beilein so hard in the tourney that he quit college basketball. You sure?

7 minutes ago, Teryor said:

LOLz.  R.C. didn't even offer...

20 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

In a few years time, he made TEXAS TECH into a better program (they have actually made a natl championship game) than Texas. Hes worth every penny

He’s shown he can win consistently, get into the tourney and do it with less and we already know how he’d do in the conference.  He’d be an immediate upgrade to what we have. But we still prob couldn’t get him. 

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Beilein, Beard, Underwood, Wright, Musselman, even Nixon would all do better here, and we could certainly land at least one of them.  Y'all are suffering PTSD.

I’d take the first four but don’t like Musselman.

9 minutes ago, Teryor said:

And Shaka beat Beard twice in a season and should have won a 3rd, does that mean he's unhirable now?

So you're comparing regular season wins vs. Beard in his first season at Tech to a crushing Sweet 16 win over what was thought to be one of Beilein's best teams? Gotcha.

Beard is unquestionably a great coach--a proven winner at every stop, even the professional level.

That said, there is no indication that he wants to coach in Austin, regardless of salary. He seems happy where he is. 

On one hand, that's disturbing cuz how the fuck could anyone be happy in Lubbuttock? On the other, it's a great thing because that's how dynasties are made. That's how smaller, non-blue blood programs without much history turn into blue bloods.

Same for Drew. Y'all are dreaming if you think either of them would leave their current gigs for the Forty, or that Texas would touch the scandal-scarred likes of Sampson or Pitino.

They are all excellent coaches, but either Texas is not right for them, or they ain't right for Texas.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

Why can't we get Baylor's coach?  Who the fuck cares if he is slimy if he wins.  Don't fucking give me another nice coach who can't win.

Baylor BMDs have plenty of money. Drew has built a title contender at Baylor. There's no real benefit for him to come here if he likes Waco. And he probably has a measure of loyalty to the school for the long leash they gave him while he became a legitimately good coach.

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Because he currently coaches a better basketball program. Going from Baylor to Texas would be a step down.

Baylor is a ponzi scheme, and a shit one at that. That being said, Drew is a cunt. Has zero skins on the wall. Fucks his teams in big games. 

Beard is the truth. Gets it. He also aint fucking leaving Texas Tech. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Beard coaches a very tough-to-watch brand of basketball, but he wins (and recruits well). If he loses his fastball, the end could look very Barnesian (the bad years), but it's a risk I'm fine taking. He's not a guy we should eschew a proper coaching search for, IMO, and I have serious doubts about him even coming here.

Eschew. Gesundheit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fuck You 1

Understanding this thread is cathartic/ venting for Horns fans, the fact that Golding isn't mentioned as a candidate, even in passing; for replacing Shaka brings at least an upturned eye brow.  The talk is about Beard, Musselman, Petino, and Sampson; but Golding could be the next Beard in the making.

Nope.  We need the sexy pick, because by-gawd...

Welp, the cycle continues.

6 minutes ago, slorch said:

Understanding this thread is cathartic/ venting for Horns fans, the fact that Golding isn't mentioned as a candidate, even in passing; for replacing Shaka brings at least an upturned eye brow.  The talk is about Beard, Musselman, Petino, and Sampson; but Golding could be the next Beard in the making.

Nope.  We need the sexy pick, because by-gawd...

Welp, the cycle continues.

Your attempts to distract us from Beard will not prevail. 

• Haha 1