Missing Persons Alert

Firemans4Horn

1 hour ago, Firemans4Horn said:

If you have seen this person please call the Austin Police Department

E20CEE82-EBFD-41CB-9B30-3B3CDC3F7890.jpeg

i can't rep you si i'm quoting you. we got out-rebounded by some JV team wearing purple while this guy warmed the bench. this is actually worse than when Shaka benched James Banks and Royce Hamm so that EDJ could guard Marvin Bagley in OT be Duke- this was the actual fucking tournament. 

I do not understand how this kid is going to get drafted in the first round. Potential, my ass. He needs to work on ball handling, passing, shooting, holy fuck the only thing he doesn’t need to work on is jumping and being large.

Teams want to draft a kid who won’t make a difference on their roster for at least three years? In the first round?

I said it somewhere else but if this is what gets you drafted in the first round then it just reinforces what a shitty product the NBA has become.

I do not understand how this kid is going to get drafted in the first round. Potential, my ass. He needs to work on ball handling, passing, shooting, holy fuck the only thing he doesn’t need to work on is jumping and being large.
Teams want to draft a kid who won’t make a difference on their roster for at least three years? In the first round?
I said it somewhere else but if this is what gets you drafted in the first round then it just reinforces what a shitty product the NBA has become.

All good points but let me ask you - if the NBA is going to pay him any decent money at all, why on earth would he choose to spend another year at this dumpster fire of a program? Also remember that in the hands of an actual coach, he might be able to realize all that potential. Kids got a “high ceiling” so some NBA front office might think they can develop him.

After the complete waste of this year, I have to wonder if he regrets coming here in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, TxTower said:

All good points but let me ask you - if the NBA is going to pay him any decent money at all, why on earth would he choose to spend another year at this dumpster fire of a program? Also remember that in the hands of an actual coach, he might be able to realize all that potential. Kids got a “high ceiling” so some NBA front office might think they can develop him.

After the complete waste of this year, I have to wonder if he regrets coming here in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I’m not arguing that he should stay in school. Get the hell out and get your money. I just can’t believe the NBA is paying kids like this all that they’re paying them when he can’t even get off the bench in a tournament game in college.

Yes, there will be coaches who can develop  him. But he has to be at least three years away.

Greg Brown is so much better than what he's shown this year. His retarded HC just killed any momentum and confidence this kid has as a basketball player by asking him to stand around the perimeter shooting threes, constantly yo-yoing Brown's minutes, and then apparently playing mind games with him because GB III got upset. i've seen some things from GB III this year that make me think could end up as a *great* college player with a proper HC to guide him, as well as a 10-12 year NBA player as a slasher/scorer. Shaka has ruined him, for now at least. 

also, and i really hate to say this, but sometimes this is what happens when your helicopter dad aligns himself with Shaka and says that his son will never play at Texas without Shaka Smart. be careful what you wish for, and all that. 

Yes, there will be coaches who can develop  him.

You might be right, but everything I saw when he came off the court during games seemed confrontational, argumentative, or pouty. Those aren’t coachable qualities. I wish him well, but can see him wandering in mediocrity because he’s always been told his shit didn’t stink.

20 minutes ago, SKA the boss said:

You might be right, but everything I saw when he came off the court during games seemed confrontational, argumentative, or pouty. Those aren’t coachable qualities. I wish him well, but can see him wandering in mediocrity because he’s always been told his shit didn’t stink.

GB III was on his feet last night smiling and cheering on his teammates with just a few minutes to go. this after Shaka had benched in him in favor of a guy who's been in the dog house for weeks (Hamm). if GB III does have maturity issues then i doubt they extend much further than a typical teenage hoops phenom. 

and i'm telling you guys, i see something there. it's hard to say exactly what it is due to Greg's insanely stupid role in our offense and his erratic playing time, but i see a guy who is more than just an outstanding athlete with some basketball skill- i see a guy who generally busts his ass, who has a real knack and talent for rebounding, and who could absolutely be coached up into a very very good player. i see a really talented/high ceiling hooper underneath all of the athleticism.