UT's next basketball coach - discussion/debate

alphahorn

18 minutes ago, Red Five said:

(Thursday morning) "We're hearing that Beard has cleaned out his office and booked a flight to Austin and scheduled a PC for Friday morning. No idea if this is related to the Texas head coaching position. Stay tuned."

This sounds like a done deal, the fact that nothing has been said denying it from Tech should be proof enough. 

41 minutes ago, Red Five said:

(Thursday morning) "We're hearing that Beard has cleaned out his office and booked a flight to Austin and scheduled a PC for Friday morning. No idea if this is related to the Texas head coaching position. Stay tuned."

This could mean anything.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Sounds like something someone would say if they knew he was staying.  It doesn't logistically make sense.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, 6th Street said:
Someone call that denim shirt wearing fool Kelvin Sampson ASAP. The man is getting it done 

I forgot about the denim shirt. To his credit, Kelvin made it look about as good as anyone could. Which was still pretty bad

Edited by DeadArmadillo
  • Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Let’s hope so. My sources on this (2) aren’t as good as on Meyer. 

Mine is pretty close to the situation, as of Saturday it was basically done. But until an announcement is made that means Jack shit. That’s a lot of time to get your best offer together that perhaps Texas wouldn’t match. 

Edited by Revolution512
  • Hook 'Em 1

Listened to the EGAT podcast with Scipio and Kevin Dunn. This may be already common knowledge on IT, but Paul says he hears Beard’s agent is making a ton of demands, like every NCAAT appearance gets him an extra year extended on the contract. BMD source saying “it’s Beard’s job to lose and he’s really trying to.”  But it does sound like Beard or bust. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Duane Moore said:

Listened to the EGAT podcast with Scipio and Kevin Dunn. This may be already common knowledge on IT, but Paul says he hears Beard’s agent is making a ton of demands, like every NCAAT appearance gets him an extra year extended on the contract. BMD source saying “it’s Beard’s job to lose and he’s really trying to.”  But it does sound like Beard or bust. 

This is in Beard's existing Tech contract, too.

1 minute ago, Duane Moore said:

Hmmm.  Not a fan of exorbitant demands.  I hope we have a spine and keep some semblance of dignity.  I’d like a winning coach, but don’t lose the farm in exchange.

41 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Mine is pretty close to the situation, as of Saturday it was basically done. But until an announcement is made that means Jack shit. That’s a lot of time to get your best offer together that perhaps Texas wouldn’t match. 

Where’s your deer lease and are you Caddox’s friend’s friend?

• Haha 3

So if we don't make the tournament, does he lose a year?
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Paul (Scipio) suggested the counter to that provision is losing two years with a missed appearance, not that his agent would ever go for that.

how about a lifetime extension for a national championship

Edited by Bevo14

51 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

i heard the same thing. posted it here somewhere a few days ago. 

• Like 1