Help a bro find a pit

MidTexHorn

Some jerks stole my brother in law's mobile BBQ pit which he handmade and modeled after Aaron Franklin's mobile pit. Needless to say, we are all really pissed. The smoker was stolen Monday night from the Ben White/S. Congress area by the dudes in the security pic. They removed their license plate to avoid detection. I'll pony up for a free prime brisket smoked on this bad boy if you track it down for us.

Smoker.jpg

Thieves.jpg

Edited by MidTexHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

You’ll give me a brisket if I track down a criminal and turn him over to you? What a deal! 

That would be ideal, but if you see the dude and get a license plate number, address, good pics, whatever that helps us track 'em down, that's good enough. My meat will be yours.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MidTexHorn said:

Yeah. I believe it was fenced but not locked. It’s not a high traffic area so he didn’t think it would be an issue. Unfortunately he was wrong. 

low traffic area means low likelihood of being seen in the act. Sorry for your loss

Perpetrators look like a younger Mexican dude with one of those shitty mohawk mullet hybrids and the other guy looks like a fat old white trash guy that works at a bait shop in Rockport.

Both are net negatives to society and should be publicly caned for their thievery.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, MidTexHorn said:

Looks like it. They pulled their plates off unfortunately so we can’t get a better ID. 

Yeah, that stinks.  But between the all black wheels on a 7-14 year old white Tahoe and the one guy's mullet/mohawk haircut, there's at least a few distinguishable things to keep an eye out for.

Hope you end up catching them.  Thieves suck.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, MidTexHorn said:

Yeah. I believe it was fenced but not locked. It’s not a high traffic area so he didn’t think it would be an issue. Unfortunately he was wrong. 

That is really too bad. FWIW, regardless if it was unlocked, that the thieves pulled into the area indicates perhaps a familiarity with the location. Keeping an eye out for the vehicle in that area during the daytime might yield some results. Whatever businesses are located in the immediate vicinity might provide an indication of who is traveling back and forth.

• Hook 'Em 1

Some more details:

1) it was behind a locked gate. They cut the lock. 
2) My brother says in the video the guys look pretty meth-headish.

3) They rode up on bikes and cased the place, then brought the Tahoe over, cut the chain and grabbed the trailer  fortunately the Yeti was at my brothers place for the crawafish boil we had over the weekend.

4) Some sketchy looking dude on a bike was in the area today but a co-worker confronted him a bit too aggressively and he got away. May have just been a random homeless dude but the bike looked similar to one they saw in the video.