Cheer Up, It Only Gets Worse: Texit Is Upon Us

MaybeACoordinator

4 hours ago, castolon said:

It’s 100% this. If I didn’t have some sense of decency, I wish I would have jumped on the money train. Easy, easy money.

Print up the T-shirts similar to the fellows in Ohio. Only make it "I'D RATHER BE A TEXAN THAN AN AMERICAN." Sadly, would probably sell out.

I don't wish to send up the Anastasis bat signal, but it is no secret that in the early formation of their group, they received money from Russia, and one of their founders (don't know if he is still with them), traveled to Russia. It is a very adroit method of dissolution (long game) played by our enemies to sow division and weaken the Republic (America not Texas). That there are pols here in the US willing to play along and sell us out, is both unsurprising and sad and the electorate is too stupid to see it.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Print up the T-shirts similar to the fellows in Ohio. Only make it "I'D RATHER BE A TEXAN THAN AN AMERICAN." Sadly, would probably sell out.

I don't wish to send up the Anastasis bat signal, but it is no secret that in the early formation of their group, they received money from Russia, and one of their founders (don't know if he is still with them), traveled to Russia. It is a very adroit method of dissolution (long game) played by our enemies to sow division and weaken the Republic (America not Texas). That there are pols here in the US willing to play along and sell us out, is both unsurprising and sad and the electorate is too stupid to see it.

I'll send up the bat signal, for the lulz if nothing else.

@Anastasis

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Yeah, Texit might actually be a net plus for the US. I could see a situation where Texas is allowed to peacefully secede, which tilts much of national American politics far to the left, leading to more and more dipshit rednecks moving to Texas to live in their conservative utopia while most of us leave Texas for the US. We'd probably all make some good money selling our homes to dipshit carpetbaggers wanting to play cowboy and then we could go live where adults are in charge and can keep the heat on when it gets cold, while Texas devolves further and further into some pathetic larping cowboy version of a Bioshock game. 

The downside of course is the many minorities in Texas who probably can't afford to move and would be stuck with the country run by larping cowboys who are also racist as shit. 

The delusional who believe it is possible and a utopia (TEXIT) seem to be taking their cue from sports and conferences. "Well, hell, Cletus, Aggies went to the SEC SEC SEC and Texas has that Longhorn Network."

But everyone forgets Rutgers.....

8 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Yeah, Texit might actually be a net plus for the US. I could see a situation where Texas is allowed to peacefully secede, which tilts much of national American politics far to the left, leading to more and more dipshit rednecks moving to Texas to live in their conservative utopia while most of us leave Texas for the US. We'd probably all make some good money selling our homes to dipshit carpetbaggers wanting to play cowboy and then we could go live where adults are in charge and can keep the heat on when it gets cold, while Texas devolves further and further into some pathetic larping cowboy version of a Bioshock game. 

The downside of course is the many minorities in Texas who probably can't afford to move and would be stuck with the country run by larping cowboys who are also racist as shit. 

If the States would have us as immigrants...

• Hook 'Em 1

Catalonia could beat us in a soccer match, for sure.  that's about it.

If Texas was its own country, it would have the 10th largest economy in the world by GDP.  Texit is stupid AF, but don't insult Texas and act like we couldn't survive on our own if need be.

The economy of the State of Texas is the second largest by GDP in the United States after that of California. It has a gross state product of $1.887 trillion as of 2019.[8] As of 2015, Texas is home to six of the top 50 companies on the Fortune 500 list and 51 overall (third most after New York and California).[9] In 2017, Texas grossed more than $264.5 billion a year in exports—more than the exports of California ($172 billion) and New York ($77.9 billion) combined.[10][11][12]

As a sovereign country (2016), Texas would be the 10th largest economy in the world by GDP, ahead of South Korea and Canada and behind Brazil.[13] For 2019 Texas's household income was $67,444[14] in ranking 26th in the nation.[15] The state debt in 2012 was calculated to be $121.7 billion, or $7,400 per taxpayer.[16] Texas has the second largest population in the country after California.

1 minute ago, Jive Turkey said:

Catalonia could beat us in a soccer match, for sure.  that's about it.

If Texas was its own country, it would have the 10th largest economy in the world by GDP.  Texit is stupid AF, but don't insult Texas and act like we couldn't survive on our own if need be.

The economy of the State of Texas is the second largest by GDP in the United States after that of California. It has a gross state product of $1.887 trillion as of 2019.[8] As of 2015, Texas is home to six of the top 50 companies on the Fortune 500 list and 51 overall (third most after New York and California).[9] In 2017, Texas grossed more than $264.5 billion a year in exports—more than the exports of California ($172 billion) and New York ($77.9 billion) combined.[10][11][12]

As a sovereign country (2016), Texas would be the 10th largest economy in the world by GDP, ahead of South Korea and Canada and behind Brazil.[13] For 2019 Texas's household income was $67,444[14] in ranking 26th in the nation.[15] The state debt in 2012 was calculated to be $121.7 billion, or $7,400 per taxpayer.[16] Texas has the second largest population in the country after California.

Good info.  I wonder what percentage of Texas' GDP is contingent on it being a part of the U.S., though.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Good info.  I wonder what percentage of Texas' GDP is contingent on it being a part of the U.S., though.

Yea I could see all these tech companies pulling out, or at least slowing their roll.  Would be interesting to see the trade agreements between TX and the rest of the world.  

1 hour ago, Wanker Bob said:

Tell me how it's false? Explain

And I didn't say I think Catalonia's quest for independence is a good idea either. Just they have more of a case for it than Texas. Texas just has lunatic leadership that likes to talk but take no action unless it further enriches themselves. 

You cherry picked only FEMA.  That is fucking stupid.  

Also, calling Texas relatively poor is pretty fucking stupid.

Basically, stupidity abounds in your posts.  But then again, I am not shocked.

• Hook 'Em 6

Tell me how it's false? Explain

And I didn't say I think Catalonia's quest for independence is a good idea either. Just they have more of a case for it than Texas. Texas just has lunatic leadership that likes to talk but take no action unless it further enriches themselves. 

You cherry picked only FEMA.  That is fucking stupid.  

Also, calling Texas relatively poor is pretty fucking stupid.

Basically, stupidity abounds in your posts.  But then again, I am not shocked.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Yea I could see all these tech companies pulling out, or at least slowing their roll.  Would be interesting to see the trade agreements between TX and the rest of the world.  

That is what some companies are doing in England/UK I believe. it likely depends on the sector. I'm not so sure that BREXIT is going to be the charm on the bracelet the less hard core nationalists thought it would be.

10 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Sadly, I think it's time this idiocy gets its own thread. 

Down here in the boonies of Brazoria County, I am seeing more and more Trump yard signs coming down, only to be replaced with Texit signs. Generally in front of falling to pieces shacks and trailers way back in the Spanish moss oaks...It's been out there as a fringe thing forever, but I think it's going to grow like every other cancer we've got on our body politic at the moment.

So...

If you want to get a sign, or prank your enemies by giving the Texas Nationalist Movement their phone number, here is the the website. And here are the guiding principles of the movement:

Hide contents

OUR PRINCIPLES

The Texas Nationalist Movement was founded on set of unshakeable principles that guide all of our work.

ENTREPRENEURIALISM

The basic economic building block of Texas is the entrepreneur.

INDOMITABILITY

There is no challenge that cannot be overcome by the individual initiative and collective will of Texans.

INHERENT RIGHTS

Every Texan possesses inherent and inalienable rights and should have the ability to exercise those rights as they choose.

INDIVIDUALISM

The basic political building block of Texas is the individual.

PRIMACY OF OUR NATION

The interests of Texas supersede the interests of all other nations and states.

FOUNDATION OF GREATNESS

Texas' unique history serves as the foundation for our current and future greatness.

FAMILY

The basic cultural building block of Texas is the family.

INDEPENDENCE

Texas should always be politically self-governing, culturally distinct, and economically independent.

PRIMACY OF OUR CAUSE

Texas Nationalism is the primary secular cause of all Texans and is distinct and superior to all other secular causes.

NATIONHOOD

The people of Texas constitute a distinct nation by every definition of the word, with a distinct culture, economy and system of governance.

THE SOURCE OF POLITICAL POWER

All political power is inherent in the Texan people, and all free governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their benefit. The Texan people have at all times the inalienable right to alter, reform or abolish their government in such manner as they may think expedient.

I like it that one of the core principles if "Indomitability." That word doesn't get enough play. 

Get your Texit swag here

Meet the team here. Not too many Juan Seguins or Lorenzo de Zavalas among them, if you get my drift. There is one Black dude: the Apostle Claver Kamau-Imani, a far right Republican from Houston. They do have a diplomatic corps, of sorts: "directors of engagement" for Europe and Latin America. 

They claim 408,000 supporters...Mailing address is a PO Box in the thriving metropolis of culture and philosophy that is Nederland, Texas. 

They look exactly how I thought they would look. You sure this isn't just an elaborate scheme to sell tshirts?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I think we could ask the same question about Catalonia.

So basically the US and Spain would have to pick up Texas and Catalonia, and pitch them into the ring somewhere to go at it like banty roosters. Texas would have a huge population, even at half size after the cool Texans refuse to play along, but the remainder would be Aggy so who knows how badly the Catalans would thrash them.

• Haha 1

Just now, dingleberryswitzer said:

Walls will be built!

But when humanitarian conditions are as bad as they are in Texas, you can't build a wall high enough to keep Texans out.  People will be drawn northward, to the land of opportunity, bearable alpine summers, sensible governance, functioning power grids and drinkable water.  Its a complex problem that can't be solved with something so simple as a wall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

For every dollar Texas sends to the federal government in income tax, it receives back $0.41

that's not how that works:

This is intergovernmental aid received by states divided by the net amount of income taxes paid by the state. Data comes from the U.S. Census Bureau’s 2018 1-year American Community Survey and the IRS. Tax data is for 2017.

overall, texas and texans get back $1.07 for every $1 sent to washington, but because DC runs a massive budget deficit that means we're getting screwed. 

https://rockinst.org/issue-areas/fiscal-analysis/balance-of-payments-portal/

49 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

According to this analysis, Texas comes in #34 in a ranking of state dependence on the federal government (#1 being the most dependent).  For every dollar Texas sends to the federal government in income tax, it receives back $0.41, thus proving (once again) that Wanker Bob is a . . . wanker.

states-dependent-federal-government-2020_table.png

Nevermind.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath
not really that interested.

10 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Makes perfect sense that so many American Patriots wish to dissolve their status as Americans. 

It's like how all the American Patriots that have now decided to fly the flag of a country that declared war on America, and killed American soldiers, and American civilians so it could protect it's "right" to own people as a way to own the libs.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Texit and Calexit, and any other US state exit is a fucking stupid idea.  The unwinding of how entertwined the state is with the federal government alone would be a fucking nightmare.  And while there is all this bluster about the size of California and Texas economies, the truth is, a lot of that is because of trade as a member of the USA and funding received from the Federal Governement.  If they had to go it alone, lol.

Nonsense. If I were to amputate my arm, it would be the third largest animal in my house.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Al_4_ISU said:

It's like how all the American Patriots that have now decided to fly the flag of a country that declared war on America, and killed American soldiers, and American civilians so it could protect it's "right" to own people as a way to own the libs.

Never more appropriate a post for this gif...
nathan-fillion-well-nevermind.gif

2 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Well, we'd lose Forts Hood and Bliss and all the military installations in San Antonio and the naval air stations in Corpus and Kingsville. Also a half-dozen air force bases from the Rio Grande to San Angelo, Abilene and Wichita Falls. 

I mean, we would be keeping the bases, I guess, but all the toys would be heading out of the Republic of Texas. If the US wanted to really be dicks they could dismantle/move or destroy the buildings and infrastructure improvements too. 

Of course Texas would need a much more significant military than Abbott's little brigade of washed-out Corps Turds, so some of these sites would be recycled. We already have an Air Force: The Confederate Commemorative Air Force, whose 174 top of the line WW2 fighters, transport planes, reconnaissance craft, bomber and single helicopter would strike fear into many another air force in the western hemisphere, such as those of El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Suriname, and Guyana. Building on this foundation with Texan indomitability, we could perhaps brings ourselves to a situation of armed air neutrality with regional powers such as Cuba in a few short decades. 

fleetramp.jpg

To gain the same effect on the high seas, it would be imperative to complete restoration on the New York-class "Dreadnought" battleship USS TS Texas to a level of complete seaworthiness and battle-readiness. Likewise the Gato-class submarine TS Cavalla, currently dry-docked at Galveston's Seawolf Park.

1280px-Panorama_of_the_USS_Cavalla.jpg

And lastly the Essex Class aircraft carrier TS Lexington, currently berthed in Corpus Christi. (Were the name "Lexington" not associated with Snow's BBQ, a name-change would be recommended.)

Across our great nation, from Brownsville to Dalhart, El Paso to Orange, many VFW and American Legion Halls feature weaponry and aircraft ranging from artillery pieces to tanks to Korean-air fighter jets on their grounds. We would expect the patriots who have served as guardians of these instruments of freedom to eagerly donate them to our fledgling military so that they might once more ensure the liberties of a proud people: this time Texans, the true guardians of North American valor.

Sweeny_TX_VFW_Post_8551_Howitzer.jpg

However, should there be reluctance on the part of some misguided Texans to part with this much-needed materiel, requisitioning must be an option. (As well as the detention of such former owners as would prove insufficiently patriotic.)

• Haha 1

With just the Texas national guard? I'm sure the US will promptly be closing their bases and removing the $$ billions in equipment and manpower. How are they going to get to Catalonia to fight a war without Air Force/Navy planes? Build some wooden boats?

You know that Texas has an air force, right?

https://tmd.texas.gov/air-guard

39 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I'll send up the bat signal, for the lulz if nothing else.

@Anastasis

I don't really think that there is anything to debate wrt to stoking of domestic tensions by foreign countries. I just think that if we want to effectively harden our society against such influence operations, we need to look in the mirror and address the brokenness of our society and culture.  That requires some national self reflection and if there is something that American society really excels at, it is honest self reflection, so there should be no problem. Easier to focus on tweets and social media influence instead of the root causes of our domestic dysfunction.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I don't really think that there is anything to debate wrt to stoking of domestic tensions by foreign countries. I just think that if we want to effectively harden our society against such influence operations, we need to look in the mirror and address the brokenness of our society and culture.  That requires some national self reflection and if there is something that American society really excels at, it is honest self reflection, so there should be no problem. Easier to focus on tweets and social media influence instead of the root causes of our domestic dysfunction.  

The root cause of our domestic dysfunction is racism/white supremacy, but that makes wypipo super uncomfortable so we really shouldn't talk about it.

In Theory: Texit is awesome

In Reality: Texit is maybe the worst idea ever.

I would encourage anyone who is getting into a tizzy over the idea of Texit to finish writing your FanFic about it and get it out of your system and move on with your life. There will not be another Alamo and nobody here is a modern day Davy Crockett. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I've been comparing to another area of a country that has been clamoring for independence: Catalonia in Spain. Major difference is Catalonia has Barcelona as a major port city and is a wealthy area of Spain that is wanting to keep their tax dollars from propping up poorer parts of Spain. 
By contrast Texas is relatively poor in resources other than oil and gas and takes more from Federal US aid than any other state. Seeing how their "principles" are all flowery idealistic nonsense That sounds like a fantastic plan they have there. 

When talking with R’s they struggled with the fact that the Blue states prop up the Red states financially. Since they could not spin it, they just decided to ignore it and continue to pretend it was the red states paying for the blues.

20 minutes ago, elfenix said:

that's not how that works:

overall, texas and texans get back $1.07 for every $1 sent to washington, but because DC runs a massive budget deficit that means we're getting screwed. 

https://rockinst.org/issue-areas/fiscal-analysis/balance-of-payments-portal/

I have seen other figures as well.  Remember, this report was written on behalf of NY State.  I could not find their stats and methodology in the paper, but considering Cuomo wrote a forward in it, I would caution on bias.  I have seen others that show Texas as getting back 0.88 to 0.92 per $1.00 put in.  NY is around 0.70 in those studies.

Just now, MaybeACoordinator said:

For fiscal year 2017, 60 percent of the Texas Military Department's $101m budget came from DC. 

How much money do we have left in the disaster savings account? Might as well start paying back the govt for our shit if this were to happen.

Just now, workswithseed said:

How much money do we have left in the disaster savings account? Might as well start paying back the govt for our shit if this were to happen.

I thought you were in Oregon? Are you contributing to the fund? If so, may I suggest a specific P.O. Box and/or Paypal account to which to send your $$? I'm sure it's deductible and your devotion to the cause will be much appreciated.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

In Theory: Texit is awesome

In Reality: Texit is maybe the worst idea ever.

I would encourage anyone who is getting into a tizzy over the idea of Texit to finish writing your FanFic about it and get it out of your system and move on with your life. There will not be another Alamo and nobody here is a modern day Davy Crockett. 

I’m confident I could surrender and be executed at least as well as Davy Crockett. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I thought you were in Oregon? Are you contributing to the fund? If so, may I suggest a specific P.O. Box and/or Paypal account to which to send your $$? I'm sure it's deductible and your devotion to the cause will be much appreciated.

Lol, I wonder if I bring my birth cert, if I could claim citizenship. Only been 5 years. 

54 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I mean, the root causes of our domestic dysfunction pretty much originate in huffing our own farts, but people don't want to hear that obviously.  Murica, we wallow in shit but at least it don't stink!

4 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

I see this phrase all the time, but I'm not really sure what it means.  I have ideas, but I learn towards it is a catch phrase for "changes I don't like."

Yeah. Also, has anyone ever thought to ask the Texas politicians why they spent money airing commercials in California telling everyone to move to Texas only to complain about the Californication of Texas?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm not in a position to reconcile the two disparate claims, but are you saying the study I linked is wrong, or are you saying I'm interpreting it wrong?

you're interpreting it wrong.  that figure is intergovernmental aid (so the fed share of medicaid, schip, food stamps, education, welfare, highway spending, etc., which are fed dollars but administered by the state) divided by income taxes paid by texans.  it doesn't account for direct federal spending such as DoD or nasa.