Because, Florida...

luke duke

I'm just impressed that a swampland like Delray Beach has 3 weeks worth of underground tunnels.  That's a particularly swampy part of East Florida, even by Florida standards.  

Maybe she was scouting library locations for nearby Florida Atlantic University. 

The police report states Kennedy's mother was contacted. She told police her daughter has a history of mental illness and is a frequent user of illegal narcotics.

She also said that her daughter has a history of doing odd things and making bad decisions.

Florida, in a nutshell. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I think everybody remembers the name, we just can't remember the movie.  It had a surprisingly decent cast.  I remember I saw it with my dad and it was just awful, but I don't remember why.  I guess you could say that about the two years I lived in Florida.  It was just awful in general, but I just can't remember anything specific.  

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

I think everybody remembers the name, we just can't remember the movie.  It had a surprisingly decent cast.  I remember I saw it with my dad and it was just awful, but I don't remember why.  I guess you could say that about the two years I lived in Florida.  It was just awful in general, but I just can't remember anything specific.  

It's no "The Stuff" or "Ghoulies," which I maintain had the best box office poster of the era. 

220px-Ghoulies_Poster.jpg

Mhmmm. And how does one accurately track the passing of time for 3 weeks while underground?

That could just be bad writing since it’s not a direct quote. She could’ve just said “I’ve been lost down here for a really long time.” Then someone else did the math based on when she was reported missing. Either way, I’m still calling bullshit. Three weeks is way too long to not need serious medical attention even if she was able to forage something down there

• 2 years later...

Couldnt find a "what the fuck is wrong with you florida" thread, so this will have to do: 

A “demonic” MS-13 gang member robbed and dismembered an Uber Eats driver in Florida for no apparent reason last week, police said Tuesday.

Oscar Solis, 30, who moved to the Sunshine State in January after being sprung on parole from Indiana, allegedly “yanked” Randall Cooke, 59, into his home on April 19 and butchered him, according to Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/25/paroled-ms-13-felon-oscar-solis-dismembers-florida-uber-eats-sheriff/

Its always the guys you least suspect are capable of such a thing. At the young age of 30, Solis had so much potential ahead of him. Are you telling me that 4 years in prison already wasn't enough to rehabilitate this guy? What happened to his internship at Goldman Sachs? 

image.png.9d745ec28fe619a5216c24161fef061d.png

I gotta be honest, I'm a little shocked here.

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

Couldnt find a "what the fuck is wrong with you florida" thread, so this will have to do: 

https://nypost.com/2023/04/25/paroled-ms-13-felon-oscar-solis-dismembers-florida-uber-eats-sheriff/

Its always the guys you least suspect are capable of such a thing. At the young age of 30, Solis had so much potential ahead of him. Are you telling me that 4 years in prison already wasn't enough to rehabilitate this guy? What happened to his internship at Goldman Sachs? 

Sometimes, and I'm not a huge proponent of capital punishment, but sometimes I'd like punishments to fit the crime.

On the one hand dudes in Singapore are being executed for pot. I don't smoke and I'm not a fan, but c'mon really?

Meanwhile this piece of shit goes through our own opposite-side-of-the-spectrum fucktarded legal system and is let go, because clearly he's fine now and is a feel good story. I don't know what his previous incarceration was for, but one look and I isolate that dude from society for life. Let's create a fucking island for misfit fucktards and chopper them in.

But nah, let's actually let the piece of shit out and see how that goes. I'm sure Uber driver's family is pleased as punch at that outcome.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 4/26/2023 at 12:11 PM, Blotto said:

Looks like the kind of immigrant we'd want here.... Oh wait, it's all of them these days... Ese

• 8 months later...
I'm just impressed that a swampland like Delray Beach has 3 weeks worth of underground tunnels.  That's a particularly swampy part of East Florida, even by Florida standards.  
Maybe she was scouting library locations for nearby Florida Atlantic University. 
Please show us where Delray is "swampy".2c64841502bb33fb3fd56f9113864506.jpg

My brother has lived in Delray Beach for 25 years. Falling iguanas are real!
This wasn't an issue when I lived in Broward County (28 years ago). The accelerated population from some let loose iguanas hit warp speed around 2005 or something like that.

The cold weather is actually appreciated by people who want to reduce the population.

PS... Lizard earrings is also a thing. You weren't a true Floridian if you never did this as a kid [pic].d6f9ac7338cec174146e4a88006b3d47.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

This wasn't an issue when I lived in Broward County (28 years ago). The accelerated population from some let loose iguanas hit warp speed around 2005 or something like that.

The cold weather is actually appreciated by people who want to reduce the population.

PS... Lizard earrings is also a thing. You weren't a true Floridian if you never did this as a kid [pic].d6f9ac7338cec174146e4a88006b3d47.jpg

Now I'll be compelled to do that next time I see a green anole on the side of the house.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now I'll be compelled to do that next time I see a green anole on the side of the house.
Pro tip: Tap them kinda gently on the end of the nose & then hold your finger very close to the tip, it will open wide for maybe 5 seconds.

Apply Anole to your ear & receive the desired clampdown.

It doesn't hurt.

Removal is actually more difficult than installation.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1