UAP Pentagon Report (UFOs, Foo Fighters, Commie Drones)

Doc Reeves

On 3/28/2021 at 2:42 PM, Parliament said:

Call me a speciesist, but homo sapiens (some of them) understand we don't know everything, and try to learn. Your dog stares at the TV for awhile then poops on the carpet. Never takes the initiative to get better.

Who cleans up the poop? 

The dog isn't so dumb, is he

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Restinmybones said:

I do think people all over the planet and from all walks of life have seen, photographed, and filmed things that no one can explain. I also think it is very possible that there are highly advanced life forms elsewhere. If aliens are occasionally entering our atmosphere, they are advanced beyond our comprehension. They don't need anything from us or from our planet. There is no reason for them to make contact with us, attack us, or control us. If they are visiting Earth, they're just curious and want to take a look at Earth and a primitive civilization, much the same way 17th and 18th century merchants and explorers would take a look at interesting looking or inhabited Pacific islands.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

My dad who spent his career in the Air Force has had some very interesting experiences.

As my Astronomy professor (Harlan Smith) at Texas told us one day...”it’s mathematically impossible for there not to be other life in the universe.” One of the telescopes at the McDonald Observatory is named after him.

Edited by Tailgate
  • Like 1

Do  you think that is a drone at :42?

When I was around 13, a couple of friends and I were outside hanging out one night. Nice clear night in the country so minimal light pollution. My friend pointed out a shooting star. We were all looking at it and it abruptly made a 90 degree turn. We all saw it and were like “what the fuck was that”. It continued at the same speed and faded out. Still waiting on a decent explanation on what that could’ve been since we hadn’t started drinking at that point in our lives.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

When I was around 13, a couple of friends and I were outside hanging out one night. Nice clear night in the country so minimal light pollution. My friend pointed out a shooting star. We were all looking at it and it abruptly made a 90 degree turn. We all saw it and were like “what the fuck was that”. It continued at the same speed and faded out. Still waiting on a decent explanation on what that could’ve been since we hadn’t started drinking at that point in our lives.

We found our first surly who has been anally probed by aliens.

15 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

Do  you think that is a drone at :42?

Racing drones that fly at ~150 mph are widely available on amazon starting in the $300-$500 range. A drone that is the size of a squirrel moving at well over one hundred miles an hour is lightning fast, can change direction on a dime and disappear over the horizon in the blink of an eye.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, crash_davis said:

We found our first surly who has been anally probed by aliens.

The aliens mercifully erased all memories of the experience.

I think there is life out there, somewhere. I also think this thread needs more cowbell. 

Blue Öyster Cult - E.T.I. (Extra Terrestrial Intelligence) (Live) 10/9/1981 [Digitally Restored] - YouTube

2 minutes ago, smuggs said:

Racing drones that fly at ~150 mph are widely available on amazon starting in the $300-$500 range. A drone that is the size of a squirrel moving at well over one hundred miles an hour is lightning fast, can change direction on a dime and disappear over the horizon in the blink of an eye.

Well, 150mph seems fast but if they are at 1000ft+ (Or the distance you need to not hear the motors) they look much slower to your perspective. Thats just slower than your TV traffic helicopter which your eye would have no trouble following. Also, drones can’t stop without decelerating. 

I can buy that they are drones, but they are nothing like the stuff we are playing with right now and are moving with more speed than can be generated by propellers. 

1 hour ago, Doc Reeves said:

Well, 150mph seems fast but if they are at 1000ft+ (Or the distance you need to not hear the motors) they look much slower to your perspective. Thats just slower than your TV traffic helicopter which your eye would have no trouble following. Also, drones can’t stop without decelerating. 

I can buy that they are drones, but they are nothing like the stuff we are playing with right now and are moving with more speed than can be generated by propellers. 

You're taking some liberty here without considering air temp, wind direction, wind speed, topography, background sound and the recording device's relationship with all of those factors. My man has a campfire, some Daft Punk on the hi-fi and two other people besides himself talking in that video.

And have you watched drone racing vids? They can change direction in a finger snap. Start at 1:02 of that first video I posted.

This thread reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode. The aliens come to Earth and bring a book. It’s finally determined that it’s a cookbook titled: “On Serving Humans” after millions have been shipped back to the home plant on “vacation.”

2 hours ago, smuggs said:

You're taking some liberty here without considering air temp, wind direction, wind speed, topography, background sound and the recording device's relationship with all of those factors. My man has a campfire, some Daft Punk on the hi-fi and two other people besides himself talking in that video.

And have you watched drone racing vids? They can change direction in a finger snap. Start at 1:02 of that first video I posted.

I fly drones quite a bit and If you want to say that particular video looks like a racing drone to you then that’s fine, but you yourself are taking some liberties as well. 

Regardless of the video at hand, there is no question that something is happening. It’s not x-files fantasy, theres stuff that has been tracked both visually and with radar at incredible speeds. Whatever that stuff is it’s not a standard drone. 

1 hour ago, HouTex said:

This thread reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode. The aliens come to Earth and bring a book. It’s finally determined that it’s a cookbook titled: “On Serving Humans” after millions have been shipped back to the home plant on “vacation.”

I thought the book was called "To Serve Man"???  

I never thought aliens would come here to eat us though.  If you have the technology to get here, you can probably make your own protein bars back home.  What they may come here for though, is water.  And we're 60% water, aren't we?  And if the average human weighs 135 pounds, that's about 65 gallons of water (assuming you have an efficient extraction method, and I'm guessing they do).  So that's 500bn gallons of water in all of us total.  Another few trillion from all the animals, plants, and freshwater.  And then if they can desalinate...another few quadrillion in the oceans.  Nice little hall for a quiet stopover town on the way to the outskirts of the Milky Way.  

Sagan will be proven correct, I believe.  There'll be an overture, good bad or indifferent, to let us know that we didn't find them...but they noticed we were out looking.  

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I never thought aliens would come here to eat us though.  If you have the technology to get here, you can probably make your own protein bars back home.  What they may come here for though, is water.  And we're 60% water, aren't we?  And if the average human weighs 135 pounds, that's about 65 gallons of water (assuming you have an efficient extraction method, and I'm guessing they do).  So that's 500bn gallons of water in all of us total.  Another few trillion from all the animals, plants, and freshwater.  And then if they can desalinate...another few quadrillion in the oceans.  Nice little hall for a quiet stopover town on the way to the outskirts of the Milky Way.  

Sagan will be proven correct, I believe.  There'll be an overture, good bad or indifferent, to let us know that we didn't find them...but they noticed we were out looking.  

If they can make their own protein bars, why cant they make their own water? We are talking super ancient alien technology shit here 

We've been synthesizing our own food for decades now, long before we invented Jewish Space Lasers.  But we can't replicate water.  I'm just going off our own experience here, which isn't much in comparison to the universe.  But it seems like making your own food or at least caloric fuel is vastly easier than making your own water.  I don't know the logistics, we just seem like a really far trip for a snack break.  But we have a lot of other stuff to offer. 

Still, in the end, I think it's a passive-aggressive message we'll receive soon, "We couldn't help but notice you were out and about the neighborhood looking/listening for something more.  Well, we're out here...lots of us are.  Hang tight, don't do anything rash.  We'll be in touch."  

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

It would likely be much more efficient to harvest ice from the asteroid belt.

But nobody back on your home planet wants to see photos of you harvesting ice from an asteroid belt.  They want to see the local scenery, the flavor, the chicks, etc. 

Or it could have been To Serve People. It was something like that. It was a great episode. IIRC, the lead alien was played by Jaws.

Yeah, and he can only speak using his bulbous forehead?  There was a really similar one as well where they trick a human to coming back to their home planet, put him in a mansion with every luxury but the ruse was...it was basically a zoo cage for the aliens of their own world to come and see other intelligent life in their own habitat for their amusement. 

Rod Serling didn't have a very high opinion of the dumb shit people would fall for.  Half the episodes were people who were different/non-conformists, the other half were people seeking something/falling for something out of greed.  

If we're half-smart, when the news hits in the next couple of years that they're out there...we'll make a fortune selling the notion to Qanon subscribers that this is all part of Q's plan, revealed by him in his 37th quatrain.  I'm working on the hats now so we can distinguish one another from the crowd.  

Ancient Peruvians worshipped spider gods. Aliens would look pretty bizarre to humans 3,200 years ago, humans who hadn't been exposed to an endless parade of imagery about aliens from space.  Just sayin'

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/mural-knife-wielding-spider-god-found-peru-180977360/

Researchers have now identified the image as a 3,200-year-old painting of a knife-wielding spider god.

Régulo Franco Jordán, archaeological director of the Augusto N. Wiese Foundation, says the adobe shrine was probably built by members of the Cupisnique culture; its location near a river suggests that it may have honored water deities.

“What we have here is a shrine that would have been a ceremonial center thousands of years ago,” he tells Hugo Rodriguez of Peruvian newspaper La República, per the Guardian. “The spider on the shrineis associated with water and was an incredibly important animal in pre-Hispanic cultures, which lived according to a ceremonial calendar. It’s likely that there was a special, sacred water ceremony held between January and March when the rains came down from the higher areas.”

4 hours ago, HouTex said:

how_to_cook_for_humans.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

But there's no prop sound in the video I posted. 

True, and there is a laundry list of environmental factors that can explain that rather simply. How many times have you heard a thunderous jet engine, looked up and saw a jet that was a pin point on the horizon? How many times have you seen a jet much closer and heard not much or anything at all? 

21 hours ago, Tailgate said:

My dad who spent his career in the Air Force has had some very interesting experiences.

As my Astronomy professor (Harlan Smith) at Texas told us one day...”it’s mathematically impossible for there not to be other life in the universe.” One of the telescopes at the McDonald Observatory is named after him.

He may be a super smart dude but that is a dumb thing to say. We don't know nearly enough about the requirements for formation of life (and distribution of those requirements across the universe) to define a probability, let along a mathematical certainty, for other life in the universe.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

But also, we do.  There's only 99% probability that we're even real, living life-forms.  But there's 99.9999999% probability that there's life forms on another planet somewhere else in the vast universe or a parallel one.  There's a higher chance there's life somewhere else than there is here on Earth.  I place a 1% chance that we're either part of a simulation or something's delusion.  

7 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

He may be a super smart dude but that is a dumb thing to say. We don't know nearly enough about the requirements for formation of life (and distribution of those requirements across the universe) to define a probability, let along a mathematical certainty, for other life in the universe.

fucking lulz. in the vastness of space and time, we are not THAT fucking special. the universe took 14 Billion years to create us, the one pinnacle of life? We are the product of 14 billion years of work? Holy shit, if that's true, it's a sad fucking universe.

• Like 3

Why are we not that special? Do the math. Yes the universe has been around a long ass time, and there are a lot of solar systems out there. But what are the probabilities for development of life? We have a shit ton of placeholders for assumptions but very little confidence in the assumptions themselves. I am certainly not going to claim that there isn't life out there, I'm not even claiming that it is unlikely that there is life out there.

I do think we don't even have enough basis to say likely or unlikely, though, other than what any individual wants to be true.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

It more mathematically improbable that we are the only life in a 10 plus billion year old universe, if there's even only 1 universe.

Just now, Serak The Preparer said:

Why are we not that special? Do the math. Yes the universe has been around a long ass time, and there are a lot of solar systems out there. But what are the probabilities for development of life? We have a shit ton of placeholders for assumptions but very little confidence in the assumptions themselves. I am certainly not going to claim that there isn't life out there, I'm not even claiming that it is unlikely that there is life out there.

I do think we don't even have enough basis to say likely or unlikely, though, other than what any individual wants to be true.

you know the seeds of life (carbon, iron, oxygen, calcium, etc) are floating everywhere in space, don't you? the whole gotdamned universe is created from it, is immersed in it. 

your asking to do the math is comical.

we are the only 1 planet among 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 planets in the universe to have sentient life? and it took 14 billion fucking years to create us?

yea, I don't know what math you are doing but it's fucked up math.

14 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

you know the seeds of life (carbon, iron, oxygen, calcium, etc) are floating everywhere in space, don't you? the whole gotdamned universe is created from it, is immersed in it. 

your asking to do the math is comical.

we are the only 1 planet among 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 planets in the universe to have sentient life? and it took 14 billion fucking years to create us?

yea, I don't know what math you are doing but it's fucked up math.

Well given an estimate of 2E23 planets in the universe and your typed estimate of 1E393 is only off by a factor of, oh, 1 with ~370 zeroes behind it, you can pardon for me laughing a bit at the accusation of fucked up math.

But point taken, 2E23 is still a big number. How many have the right sun (long lived, but not too energetic)? How many are the right distance from the sun? How many are in the right part of any particular galaxy? Too close to a galactic core and radiation would wipe everything out. Further away from the core and starts tend to have bad composition of elements (too many heavy elements). How many have nice big bodyguards like Saturn or Jupiter to block stray asteroids? How many have stars with eccentric orbits that take them out of the habitable zone over few hundred million years? How many have nitrogen and oxygen? This is just off the top of my head, and ever here it's a lot of guesswork to even start to put in some numbers. It doesn't take a whole lot of "1 in a millions" to suddenly end up with a real small probability, even considering the large number of planets. Or do you have a better answer than "Nuh uh, that's fucked up"?

Edited by Serak The Preparer
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

It more mathematically improbable that we are the only life in a 10 plus billion year old universe, if there's even only 1 universe.

How so? What is the probability of life in any given year, or any 1 billion year period, or whatever time you want to measure? Surely you have an estimate if you think that it is more likely that there is life than not? Otherwise you are just guessing. And that is totally cool by the way, no trying to give you shit. I love sci-fi, watch Star Trek, etc., and I WANT there to be life, but what is your basis for saying it is mathematically improbable for no other life in the universe?

48 minutes ago, smuggs said:

True, and there is a laundry list of environmental factors that can explain that rather simply. How many times have you heard a thunderous jet engine, looked up and saw a jet that was a pin point on the horizon? How many times have you seen a jet much closer and heard not much or anything at all? 

I've seen a dude pull 4Gs inverted.

• Hook 'Em 2

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/across-cosmic-history-intelligent-life-common/

What are the odds that intelligent life evolved on Earth and nowhere else among the 20 billion trillion stars in the observable universe across 13.8 billion years of cosmic history?

About one in 10 billion trillion, according to researchers writing in the journal Astrobiology -- meaning it's very, very unlikely humanity is unique across the sweep of cosmic space and time.

Put another way, even if life evolves on only one planet in a billion orbiting in the habitable zone of its star -- the region where water can exist as a liquid and life as it's known on Earth could, in theory, evolve -- "that still means it's happened on the order of 10 trillion times," said Adam Frank, an astronomer at the University of Rochester.

"We took all the probabilities that have to do with life ... we combined them into one term, which we called the biotechnical probability," Frank said. "We have no idea what those values are. Instead of trying to guess them, we solved for them. We took what we knew and solved for the value, how low would it have to be in order for us to be the only time it ever happened?"

As it turns out, very, very low.

"If I have a bag of planets, and these are planets in the right place to form life, how many of those do I have to sort through before I get to one that has a civilization like ours on it?" Frank asked. "In order for us to be the only time that this has ever happened in the entire history of the universe, we'd have to go through 10 billion trillion before we'd get one like us."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

How so? What is the probability of life in any given year, or any 1 billion year period, or whatever time you want to measure? Surely you have an estimate if you think that it is more likely that there is life than not? Otherwise you are just guessing. And that is totally cool by the way, no trying to give you shit. I love sci-fi, watch Star Trek, etc., and I WANT there to be life, but what is your basis for saying it is mathematically improbable for no other life in the universe?

For one I think its not that far fetched an idea to believe we were seeded with life by a meteor.  How does life suddenly spring into existence ?  Building blocks need to be present or they need to be planted/seeded.  If we believe life began as single celled, microbial sludge that to me increases the chance of life occurring on other planets. 

So strictly mathematically may not be the best term, but the probability (which is still a mathematical metric), based on the known size of the universe. and its age would be a bench park indicator for me of a high probability we aren't alone.  Physics also assigns a number to the mathematical probability of other Earth like planets in the estimated size of the universe, that's an indicator of a likely probability as well isn't it ?