H E B coming to the DFW

TexasGary

I made it in.  Yes, there are many people but the crowd inside is actually controlled by the fact that there are no open parking spaces.  I got extremely lucky as a car was leaving just as I pulled in.

This place is really nice.  This store has everything.  I bet you could spend a week in this store and not see everything.  I am going to go back when it is less crowded.  I didn't have a ton of time so got tortilla's and meat.  The self checkout was a breeze.  They actually had employees helping people at the self checkout if they needed it.

It was a 35 minute wait for True Texas but they have an app so I downloaded it and ordered and they brought it to me in about 10 minutes.  It was really good.  Probably not TM Top 50 but much better than most places like Hard 8.

HEB.jpg

bakery.jpg

True.jpg

inside_True.jpg

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, 27-25 said:

We tell people here in CA that one of the things we miss from Texas is HEB.  They must think we're nuts lamenting not having a specific grocery store.  But they just don't get it.

I really disliked how subpar Safeways were in the Bay Area. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, YChang said:

I really disliked how subpar Safeways were in the Bay Area. 

5 hours ago, 27-25 said:

We tell people here in CA that one of the things we miss from Texas is HEB.  They must think we're nuts lamenting not having a specific grocery store.  But they just don't get it.

Safeways here are highly disappointing and they are very small. Sometimes I have to say fuck it and just do Whole Foods.

• Hook 'Em 1

After Hurricane Harvey, HEB was in Victoria the next day - free meals, free water and they set up a huge pharmacy on wheels. They set up a small business hub to help people. Free ice. Their emergency response team is no fucking joke. They've put some serious planning into the whole deal 

• Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, 27-25 said:

We say the same thing.  If you made chose one and only one thing we miss about Texas, it's HEB/Central Market.

Do people just like waiting in lines? Is it they want to be able to say years from now they were the first ones inside HEB in DFW? Which is something no one will give a shit about. 
Anyway, I haven't lived in an area with an HEB since 2006. What's the HEB exclusive stuff that's good to buy?

Same thing in Frisco when they opened IKEA and the first In N Out.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TexPx said:

Same thing in Frisco when they opened IKEA and the first In N Out.

Yeo.  Had to drive down Main, headed toward the tollway, place was a parking lot.  This was about 30 minutes ago.  Then a wreck.  Cops converge.  Traffic gets more congested.  It's a hot mess.  

• Like 1