2021 Surly Roto League

Scraps

So we really need to get a draft day/time locked in.  Looks like we have 9 people.  @txhorns is actually the commish, but I think we need a new thread to see if one more person would like to join.  Good thing with Roto is it really doesn't matter, because I think we had 9 in 2019.  

Anyway the 9 I have counted are:

txhorns

Scraps

Capn81

Brew

HenryHill

VolenteHawk

Doc Sam Beckett

Castolon

HG

Season starts Thursday so let's roll 

• Like 1

Yeah I apologize everyone.  I'm so fucking busy getting my local little league up and running this year and it happens to start tonight.  That said I say we draft on Wednesday night at 7 or 8 Central time.  Thoughts?  We will roll with 9 unless someone else chimes in.  Same stat categories as in the past.  I think our only major change was using OPS instead of Avg.

23 minutes ago, txhorns said:

Yeah I apologize everyone.  I'm so fucking busy getting my local little league up and running this year and it happens to start tonight.  That said I say we draft on Wednesday night at 7 or 8 Central time.  Thoughts?  We will roll with 9 unless someone else chimes in.  Same stat categories as in the past.  I think our only major change was using OPS instead of Avg.

What were the categories, I missed a couple of years 

ERA, Whip, K, QS, Saves? 

R, RBI, HR, OPS, Steals? 

36 minutes ago, txhorns said:

the other one is 9pm central so to participate i would need this one to be 7pm central. or tuesday. 

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

the other one is 9pm central so to participate i would need this one to be 7pm central. or tuesday. 

I didn't consider Tuesday because I figured most people would be busy watching the baseball game against aggy or the women's Elite Eight game.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, txhorns said:

I didn't consider Tuesday because I figured most people would be busy watching the baseball game against aggy or the women's Elite Eight game.

fair enough.  then my request is 7pm central if everybody's ok with that.  otherwise i may just have to bounce out after an hour.  even 7:30 could work.

Again my only reason for Wednesday over Tuesday was because of the UT games going on Tuesday.  Tuesday works for me if everyone wants that day.  Can everyone do me a favor and shoot me a pm with the email address you would like to receive the league invite at?  I will get those out tonight.

Well shit guys it doesn't let me do a league with 9.  Have to have 10, or drop to 8.  So giving it the night to see if we get a bite from the baseball board to get us to 10.  Another option is I use a "ghost" team by using a second email address of one of mine for a team that then autos the draft with no activity on the year.  Any other ideas?

50 minutes ago, txhorns said:

Well shit guys it doesn't let me do a league with 9.  Have to have 10, or drop to 8.  So giving it the night to see if we get a bite from the baseball board to get us to 10.  Another option is I use a "ghost" team by using a second email address of one of mine for a team that then autos the draft with no activity on the year.  Any other ideas?

You can't just reactivate the old league?  I guess not since it was technically 2019 and not last year.  I could have sworn we only had 9 players in 2019 

I think we need to get another person.  8 seems wack 

Edited by Scraps

The league setting currently say we are using Avg as a stat but that will be changed to OPS when I get to my actual computer.  Default settings have 4 bench spots and 3 IL spots.  I feel like that is a bit much and dropping each of those by 1 makes the league more competitive, thoughts?

The league setting currently say we are using Avg as a stat but that will be changed to OPS when I get to my actual computer.  Default settings have 4 bench spots and 3 IL spots.  I feel like that is a bit much and dropping each of those by 1 makes the league more competitive, thoughts?

I am good with all of those changes.

1 hour ago, txhorns said:

I'm fine with it. Is that the draft order or does it get generated before the draft? 

are we doing wins or qs?

as for the bench/ir slots, i think it's ok to keep an extra bench spot on hand because of the covid.  not because of one player, but because entire teams may miss series (which means the other team does too).  if one player gets it, he may go on ir, but if the team has to miss 3-6 days, those guys just occupy space.  it was a bitch last season.

we don't need more than 1-2 ir spots, but i would keep the bench with ~1 more spot than you would normally do.

just my 2 cents.

are we doing wins or qs?
as for the bench/ir slots, i think it's ok to keep an extra bench spot on hand because of the covid.  not because of one player, but because entire teams may miss series (which means the other team does too).  if one player gets it, he may go on ir, but if the team has to miss 3-6 days, those guys just occupy space.  it was a bitch last season.
we don't need more than 1-2 ir spots, but i would keep the bench with ~1 more spot than you would normally do.
just my 2 cents.
Typically QS is what we have rolled with from what I remember

43 minutes ago, txhorns said:

Just found a place to randomize the draft order so did that and I think it's set now.

OK so does that now mean the draft order that is showing?  

1 Pachuca Sunrise

2 Bauer's Illegal Substance

3 Quahog Drunken Clams

4 Down to Clown

5 Team Moore

6 Needville Swamp Things

7 Leapin Becketts 

8 Defending Champ Scraps

9 Team Whybrew

22 minutes ago, Scraps said:

OK so does that now mean the draft order that is showing?  

1 Pachuca Sunrise

2 Bauer's Illegal Substance

3 Quahog Drunken Clams

4 Down to Clown

5 Team Moore

6 Needville Swamp Things

7 Leapin Becketts 

8 Defending Champ Scraps

9 Team Whybrew

I think so, I was in the 5 spot before...though it looks like I'll probably be auto drafting, anyway.

Not sure I’m going to make the draft time, so my team will definitely suck if not. To your point though, it will most likely suck either way. I haven’t looked at anything to this point, so I’m going to wing it as usual.