2021 Surly Roto League

Scraps

29 minutes ago, Brew said:

Not sure I’m going to make the draft time, so my team will definitely suck if not. To your point though, it will most likely suck either way. I haven’t looked at anything to this point, so I’m going to wing it as usual.

That just means you're guaranteed to beat me.

15 hours ago, castolon said:

I’m not talking shit to brew ever again. That is all

I don’t think it will ever hold up for the full season, but I was curious how going P/P and then best available from there on out would work.

Nice outing dickbag...i mean Plesac

2/3rd of an inning 6 ER

GFY

Holy shit....now Corbin with so far 2 inning 9ER outing and they are letting him bat and leaving him in.

My team is a dumpster fire of epic proportions

They pulled him after he hit thank god

already mentioned two of these but for the past 3 days I have had this amazing starting pitching happen:

4/13 -  Max Fried  4IP 7ER -  strained hamstring running bases

4/14 - Plesac 2/3 of an inning 6ER

4/15 - Corbin 2IP 9ER

4/16 - Steven Matz we are counting on you do not let us down.  I need at least 6ER over 2 innings bitch 

Let me not leave out my outstanding hitting so far either though.  As of today my team would rank 27th in MLB of team OPS.  The person above me in the standings would rank 5th.  That means every other team in this league has a top 5 OPS compared to real teams in the league.  I have the fucking 27th......jesus christ lmao 

• Like 1

3 of my top 8 draft picks are on IL with 1 of the other 5 being Gleybar who sucks balls this year and would be better served on IL. Another DTD popped up today, I could really use a few more bench spots. This short bench makes it difficult to make adjustments.

5 hours ago, Scraps said:

well he hit a 3 run homer greedy bastard lol

Just would have been ridiculous to not end up with anything out of that game. Jacob Degrom has opened up this year nasty. 50 k’s through 4 games and 1 ER.

This season just sucks for me.  Bellinger out since the first week.  Then Seager goes down for 6 weeks at least and now Trout is out for at least 4 weeks.  That doesn't count the multiple other players on my roster who have spent time on the DL.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

y'all need a lesson in sending counter offers. especially the teams at the bottom of the standings. i mean it's cool with me if y'all want to just hover around 30-40-something points; i just figured y'all might want to make a change, being that you're all hovering around 30-40-something points. just a thought. 

also, several of the offers that have been rejected were straight up losses for my/hg's team, and straight up wins for the team that rejected the offer. our SP staff is stupid loaded and deep as hell. we can afford to "lose" a trade (player for player) so long as it helps us in the categories we're lacking in. trading a good/great closer for a good/great starter is generally a win for the team receiving the SP, for obvious reasons. if you have a closer you're willing to move, then hg and i have an SP that we're willing to give you. but again, that's only you have the desire to not finish the season on 43 points. if that's what you want then by all means, sit pat. 

Derka is co-managing HG’s team, so many pieces of the puzzle come together after keeping an eye on the TB thread over the years.

I do take exception with your contention that your starting pitching is stupid loaded, it’s not. You’re just churning also rans that are off to a good start which is evidenced by your WHIP/ERA place and the fact that you only lead K’s and are 2nd in QS because you are running so many starters. Hopefully, the shitty ones you drafted haven’t dug too deep a hole for you to climb out of, since you will cap out in August and then start to back slide based on your 48% QS ratio. I am curious, how many original draft picks do you have left at this point?