2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

14 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Love me some Marwin, but I’m still scratching my head a bit on this one.  

2017 Marwin ain't coming through that door but if 2019 Marwin is still around this is a no brainer. Even if he is post COVID non hitting Marwin this carries so little risk it is worth doing.

15 minutes ago, texashorne said:

Marwin ends the need for Taylor Jones, Wilson, and Robel..  

Other than the Tatis game, I don’t hate seeing Jones out there on a given night.  The other two have already been relegated to obscurity.  

I get the insurance angle for multiple positions, but it’s still a pretty “meh” move minus the nostalgia.  

That said, Marwin hit the most important HR in Astros history and is always welcome.  

A no-cost move for a MLB veteran utility guy with postseason experience signed to a minor league deal is impossible to criticize. It's a no-brainer move by Click, and Marwin likely isn't going to be a difference-maker but I would rather have him than Jacob Wilson fer sure. I *maybe* prefer him a little bit over Robel Garcia but that's only because of his postseason experience and familiarity with the veterans on this team. If they eventually elevate him to the active roster, I'm cool with DFA'ing Jacob Wilson for his 40 man spot. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Nobis said:

A third of the game through and we have zero runs against a very very shitty team. Sounds about right.

44% of the way through now.  Unless you are a wizard and know this game is going 12.  

It is so maddening about this team.  Also completely inexplicable.  Teams that win 100 games do so by playing 500 ish ball against other good teams and beating the dregs of the league like a red headed step child.  This is so odd. 

7 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

A third of the game through and we have zero runs against a very very shitty team. Sounds about right.

Rookie pitchers often do this against our lineup (and many others as well). I think we will get to him or their bullpen eventually.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1