2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Also his salsa sucks.

Stare Down I See You GIF by MLB

I saw bregman in a round rock express game over the summer…he needs to go back.  IF injury is still bothering him then be a pro and play thru if possible - athletes do it all the time.  If it holds you back then tell the team so you don’t hold them back.  

But get out of the 3 spot. Now is not the time to leave a star at 3 spot to not hurt his ego and in hopes that he turns it around soon.  We are running out of time, mix up the lineup. 

Edited by utxmike05

38 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

There are plenty of candidates to move down in the lineup but, unfortunately, not very many to move up. 

That's pretty ugly. Of course, average somewhat masks Altuve's overall effort at the plate. Last night he was centimeters from two key doubles to go with his two HRs in the series. I think he, Brantley and Tucker lead a spirited charge again tonight...but this time, someone needs to join them. 

6 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

That's right, Bregs.  We have less faith in your bat than everybody else's except the catcher and the pitcher.  Please take it personally.

He picked #2 for a reason.  Mainly how he bats.

Man I wish I had y'alls confidence.  It would be one thing if we were putting up some runs but a couple of balls bounce one way for them and another way for us and we lost these two games but it's like they completely forgot how to hit a baseball.  Teams don't typically break out of that kind of shit overnight but I would love to be pleasantly surprised.

I’m agnostic. 3 pennants, 1 World Series championship in 5 years is a significant achievement. 2 World Series championships would be awesome, but I’m not going to get emotionally invested. 

Pennants should be a much bigger deal. They were in the past before teams had to win 2 postseason series to win one. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I know it’s cliché, but I really am just happy to watch my favorite team play my favorite sport in a meaningful game one more time this season.  

Our leadoff man, who is Altuve

Relentless be thy game 

Let doubles come

And drive in runs

In Atlanta as it is in Houston

Give us this day our daily hits

Forgive us our errors 

As we take advantage of errors committed in our favor

Lead us not into double plays

But deliver us from nasty sliders

For the pennant, the MVP and the World Series title

Are yours now and forever