Boston Red Sox 2021 thread

dbecks

What can we say. My grandmother, Boston to the core, kept box scores for her entire life. She never saw the Sox win. When we won in 2004 she was already blind. I will never forget the last words she told me. "I want to hear the Sox win and go see Grandpa." I really hope they enjoyed last night. 

GO SOX! 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, txhorns said:

There's never a bad time for a "Yankees Suck" chant

I remember a long time ago not knowing how that went.  I was at a bar in Boston in the late 90s.  Regular season game and whoever the Red Sox were playing, it wasn't NYY.  Boston wins the game and the "Yankees Suck" chant breaks out...the entire bar full of folks.  An eye opener for sure.  

• Hook 'Em 1

The Red Sox are 6-0 all time in Game 6 of the ALCS. Just saying.

I’m still not terribly confident - even if the starting pitching matchup is favorable - but I’ll be rooting for them in person for this one.

It was a surprisingly good season, win or lose tonight. Go Sox.

• Hook 'Em 1

Kinda crazy to think they made it this far, a year away from having the fourth-worst record in baseball.

With Nick Yorke, Marcelo Mayer, Jeter Downs, Jarren Duran, and Triston Casas all around the corner, there’s some good young talent to come soon.

More pitching would be nice, but a full season of Sale & Nate is something to build on.

We’ll be back. Enjoy the offseason.

• Hook 'Em 1

This was a damn good run. Sure I wanted it all, but it was more than expected. 

Woke up this AM and first thought was what do we need? Good point about having Sale and Evo for the whole year. But I think we need to get 1 more starter. 

Fuck it, bring on 2022. Will be expecting the thread and in on page one. Go Sox. 

I think I am going to slam a beer and listen to Tessie. 

Kinda hoped JDM would opt out, if only for the roster and payroll flexibility it allows them to offer Schwarber. But ultimately, it’s a good problem to have. JDM slipped a bit in the 2nd half of the season, but he’s still damn good for #6 in the lineup.

Definitely surprised at this, though:

• 3 weeks later...

So Wacha, Hill and Paxton.  Not bad.  Hopefully we can get 2 to contribute from that group.  Glad to see JBJ back in Boston.  

Now we need Bloom to get a SS/2B type player and upgrade second base.  Mayer and Yorke long term but we need someone now.

That said, baseball is on lockdown.

In case you kids missed one of the minor leaguers in the JBJ deal. 

David Hamilton, 24, was an eighth-rounder of the University of Texas in 2019. He sat out that season recovering from an Achilles rupture he’d suffered during his junior year with the Longhorns, and last year’s canceled minor league campaign meant he didn’t play in affiliated ball until 2021. The left-handed hitter split his time between High-A and Double-A, hitting .259/.341/.419 with eight homers and 52 stolen bases across 459 plate appearances. Unsurprisingly given that impressive steal tally, the 5’10” middle infielder draws strong marks from scouts for his speed and athleticism, in addition to a sound approach at the plate.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1